Geist x Revenant: Kusozako Mob na Ore wa, Aibou no Seirei o Bishoujo ni Shinka Sasete Saikyou ni! - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
skill: procreation
R.19f7efc7543a708111100c5524496e9d

Dex-chan lover
Wait what was the exersice that he "ruined"? Was it the "observe the stats of your spirit" thing? If so that was totally the teachers fault. And yet the NotMC is being punished for it?!

That's how these "everyone looks down on me but I'm actually the strongest/can become the strongest" stories work. It's not enough to put an obstacle in front of the MC that they have to overcome, the writer stacks the deck by basically making the entire world conspire to be crap to them so that they can overcome the challenges and act smug about it without being considered rude or unsociable (because being smug to assholes who deserve it is acceptable)

It's also lazy because it kills any nuance the story might have. Because even though shonen manga is supposed to be for like 12+ it often treats its audience like they have the mental maturity of 6 year olds.

This would still be interesting without the "I'm the mob in a game" setting.

that would be interesting if it meant anything other than the MC being able to look up the wiki/strategy guide. Like he spent 4 or 5 pages angsting over the idea that he's just some rando garbage NPC before we moved on to the cliche "I'm the lowest person in my social setting so everyone looks down on me but I'll show them all!" nonsense. If it actually considered the psychology of him recognizing that he has no agency in this world other than to be a roadblock for a main character or something it might be really cool. Instead it's a throwaway concept to work in the story's major conceit without the writer having to try hard at all.

Dex-chan lover
Not a big fan of how every single person in the class, even the teacher, is an asshole just to add on to how weak and low the MC is. I don't know, it feels so disconnected and forced.
No shit he ran out of class, he was being bullied by everyone there. Honestly he should just sue the school and get that on the news. Get the teacher fired and school investigated.

Not a big fan of how every single person in the class, even the teacher, is an asshole just to add on to how weak and low the MC is. I don't know, it feels so disconnected and forced.
No shit he ran out of class, he was being bullied by everyone there. Honestly he should just sue the school and get that on the news. Get the teacher fired and school investigated.
True enough to life, IMO. If you never had a class where the teacher enjoyed siding with the class bullies and blaming and even punishing their victim, that's how it goes. Even if not "every single person", speaking up is volunteering to be next.

I'm extrapolating from a single teacher/class like that, thankfully, but it felt accurate enough to me.

Aggregator gang
Wait what was the exersice that he "ruined"? Was it the "observe the stats of your spirit" thing? If so that was totally the teachers fault. And yet the NotMC is being punished for it?!
Well that kinda thing happens in real life now. Bullies are real victims don't u know 😜

Aggregator gang
True enough to life, IMO. If you never had a class where the teacher enjoyed siding with the class bullies and blaming and even punishing their victim, that's how it goes. Even if not "every single person", speaking up is volunteering to be next.

I'm extrapolating from a single teacher/class like that, thankfully, but it felt accurate enough to me.
Yeah I can agree that kinda stuff happens

Dex-chan lover
"You will be penalized. You'll have to explore this place by yourself."
"You mean I'll get to keep everything to myself, and don't have to share with anyone?"

Teacher even more trash than before.

Users who are viewing this thread