Geist x Revenant: Kusozako Mob na Ore wa, Aibou no Seirei o Bishoujo ni Shinka Sasete Saikyou ni! - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
Could have levelled up into Wasabi-chan.

Is there any overarching plot to the game? From what Yohei found out, there should be a last boss. But so far it seems like the world is peaceful, or at least not in any global threat.

Dex-chan lover
Its what was expected to happen, but it would've been so much more interesting if he recruited the "statue" instead, who honestly didn't even seem that threatening due to... Shames, all around

Fed-Kun's army
Not surprised but still a welcome event. And no need to do cliffhanger cuz they already showed her face in ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
If I remember my fantasy/folklore well enough, pretty sure there are a number of possible evolutions that can stem from a simple goblin, a number of which are almost indistinguishable from other demi-human races (brownies, high goblins, and other such faekin races). Implying she's not still a type of goblin just because she looks more human is pretty ignorant. Heck, pretty sure the redcap evolution they were shooting for isn't very goblin-like also.
I can't speak for folklore redcaps, but in JRPGs/manga, redcaps are almost always depicted as just goblins with red caps, essentially being the "monster, but elite/palette-swapped version" video game trope (vs a more different-looking evolved type). Saying it's "ignorant" to say she's not a goblin anymore because of folklore comes across as a bit ridiculous to me since there's zero reason to believe they're doing this for folklore accuracy purposes vs just because they wanted a kawaii moeblob (brownies also look nothing like this).

There's a longstrip comic that's basically the same situation: It's about a MC who's a goblin, and has a goblin sister, and who saves a goblin slave who's the third MC. They're all "goblins" with white/fair skin, just a few green scales on their face to show the reader they're not 100% human. The rest of the side-character goblins, even the ultra-powerful heroic goblins from the past he can summon, all have green skin. It's not a matter of lore accuracy, it's a matter of authors not thinking they can keep people actually looking even slightly goblinesque and have readers like them as much.

One of the better that don't just erase the premise or makes everything super easy is the one with the plague dragon. The promised evolution a bunch of chapters back made it worse.
Yeah, I really like this one, shame about the update rate. It does have a bit about him trying to become human fwiw, but at least by this point it was shown how horrible those attempts failed, vs being a "disregard the premise" button.

Dex-chan lover
I swear to god, if this manga suddenly gets sexual for no reason, Imma beat the author with a stick.

Users who are viewing this thread