Geist x Revenant: Kusozako Mob na Ore wa, Aibou no Seirei o Bishoujo ni Shinka Sasete Saikyou ni! - Vol. 2 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
Normal readers: This girl is so sweet...
Shield Hero readers: Is she a BITCH????
She technically shouldn't be, because she's supposed to be a good guy in the original game, but for no reason at all, author decides to make her a villainess.... which I feel is sloppy writing... story doesn't need an antagonist, since it works perfectly well as a dungeon hunting slice of life....

Dex-chan lover
She technically shouldn't be, because she's supposed to be a good guy in the original game, but for no reason at all, author decides to make her a villainess.... which I feel is sloppy writing... story doesn't need an antagonist, since it works perfectly well as a dungeon hunting slice of life....
"Isekai'd into a game/novel" authors always pull this shit. If a character was a good guy in the original game/novel then there is no reason for them to suddenly be cunts (assuming nothing changed). It's just lazy writing because authors can't handle any sort of nuance, everyone who opposes MC must be comically evil.

I'm gonna assume the "hero" will be a total petty piece of shit for no reason too.

Dex-chan lover

I imagine that it's going to be an issue of him changing the game's "story" through his actions makes the characters and events different. She was a hero in the "original" game, but he also wasn't supposed to get stronger like he is and wasn't supposed to keep watching her like he was. So this creates openings to show off a different personality where she's a bitch to people who don't simply respect her or praise her or treat her like the elite character she's supposed to be. And it's something that never would've happened in the original game story because there wasn't a setup for her to have a significant rival or someone rising above their station like he did.

Also this isn't dungeon-hunting slice of life. It's somewhat paint by numbers "I am/can be the strongest but everyone looks down on me because they don't know." The only thing missing from most versions of that plot is him being kicked out of a hero party for being useless. So of course it's going to toss arrogant jerk antagonists in his path, looking down on him and mocking him for being "trash" so that he can rise above it and prove them all wrong, thereby providing the lonely desperate chuuni nerd power fantasy that these stories run on.

If nothing else this is probably a decent indication that the student council president girl isn't going to turn on him and her interest and friendship are legitimate. Because pulling this trope twice in the same plot would be exceptionally dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread