Geist x Revenant: Kusozako Mob na Ore wa, Aibou no Seirei o Bishoujo ni Shinka Sasete Saikyou ni! - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
I had forgotten all about that. So she's a loli and not even green anymore. But they still have to give her a sexy outfit with short shorts and a crop top with heavy miko stylings. That's... a choice. And boo, mangaka. Green girls are cute too. It's like that Cave King one where they use the weird evolution stone on the goblin princess or whatever she is and she "evolves" into a teenage form that looks entirely like a human girl with a generic anime human skin tone. Or if we wanna stretch it further, that reverse isekai manga about the guy from the assassin family who gets found by the otherworld elf princess and after a few chapters she uses magic to make her elf features disappear (mostly the pointy ears) and from there on she looks entirely human. I'm always annoyed that generic manga cuteness is so tightly clustered on this very specific idea of a petite-ish girl with silky black hair in a hime cut, no strong quirky features, a generically svelte/non-curvy body, and being as vanilla as possible. And I'm not even saying I need the opposite of all of those things at once, just not all those things at the same time all the time (or most of the time)

sorry, I kinda got off on a tangent there, lol.

It did? Wow, that seems like it'd be hell to do if it's not aired super late at night on a cable channel with no content expectations, or mostly for home media release.

I haven't really kept up with it since it stopped updating on Mangadex after it was licensed. Which has mostly been fine and a non-issue for me because the more it went on the more it became clear that there was little chance of it getting any sort of real progression beyond "lol harem" and most of the harem girls were unlikable selfish idiots or jerks aside from Gobuko, who legitimately seemed like the only one that actually liked Peter for appreciable reasons and not just for his power or prestige or silly reasons. Also her monster girl styled design was hot. :D
pretty sure I remember hearing something from a scan group I follow announcing that it got an anime a few months back

Edit: ah just saw why it might have flown below the radar if you are curious its on Crunchyroll the stills I saw weren't bad but I was looking up gobuko so that might have been why they didn't really show anything that high degree to the show so I don't know if there are any hidden bad CGI scenes or something also again Crunchyroll so . . .might have to deal with some episodes or languages being paywalled

Aggregator gang
Not really... like... her skill thing is pretty obvious...

Not to mention how stupid the idea of a stair cave in is...
Obvious to the reader, not to the people within the story. What we are shown of the cave-in, nothing appears to links it to the girl causing it, we're just shown a pile of rocks. We as readers know about her skills as we're shown them on the pages, but the people in the story that haven't seen it don't know about them. We also don't full know the mechanism of the dungeons as it's not completely explained, we don't even know if the cave-in will still exist after they leave since we know the dungeons resets to some extent as shown with the hidden dungeon.

Dex-chan lover
Obvious to the reader, not to the people within the story. What we are shown of the cave-in, nothing appears to links it to the girl causing it, we're just shown a pile of rocks. We as readers know about her skills as we're shown them on the pages, but the people in the story that haven't seen it don't know about them. We also don't full know the mechanism of the dungeons as it's not completely explained, we don't even know if the cave-in will still exist after they leave since we know the dungeons resets to some extent as shown with the hidden dungeon.
Uhhhhh... it is only obvious because it was mentioned how dumb it was in story.

Aggregator gang
Uhhhhh... it is only obvious because it was mentioned how dumb it was in story.
As I'm re-reading my comment trying to figure out what you're referring to, I realized that I'm probably over analyzed the writing (or what's not written). The story so far hasn't been lingering on suffering and situations get resolve relatively quickly, so the punishment of the girl is just delayed because MC got stuck again.

Dex-chan lover
As I'm re-reading my comment trying to figure out what you're referring to, I realized that I'm probably over analyzed the writing (or what's not written). The story so far hasn't been lingering on suffering and situations get resolve relatively quickly, so the punishment of the girl is just delayed because MC got stuck again.
I am more talking about how the story itself treats the idea of the stair cave-in as stupid.

Since that is what the senior chick said about it when MC mentioned how he was betrayed.

Double-page supporter
They spent a bit more time than he usually does in there, and sempai was loud as fuck. Of course the ng+ boss would hear the noise and check the disturbance.

Aggregator gang
I am more talking about how the story itself treats the idea of the stair cave-in as stupid.

Since that is what the senior chick said about it when MC mentioned how he was betrayed.
It's definitely not well thought out plan.

If the writer wanted to, they could potentially let her get away with it with something like persuasion with charm skill or dungeon mechanic where it resets on exit so no evidence of the cave-in. But given how fast they got rid of the teacher, I don't think the girls is getting away with it.

Dex-chan lover
It's definitely not well thought out plan.

If the writer wanted to, they could potentially let her get away with it with something like persuasion with charm skill or dungeon mechanic where it resets on exit so no evidence of the cave-in. But given how fast they got rid of the teacher, I don't think the girls is getting away with it.
Would that make sense tho? her charm not being detected or easily ignored by teachers?

got rid of teacher? have I forgotten something?

As for no evidence of cave in... she screwed herself by saying there was one.

Aggregator gang
Would that make sense tho? her charm not being detected or easily ignored by teachers?

got rid of teacher? have I forgotten something?

As for no evidence of cave in... she screwed herself by saying there was one.
The girl is suppose to become the Saintess in the game and does appear relatively powerful already (able to fight to 20th floor). Don't really know full extent of her abilities, just know MC was fully charmed and unaware he was under it's effect until after the fact. In a more revenge oriented story, I could see an accusation event being used to turn the class/school against MC by siding with the girl who is popular and well liked.

The first teacher humiliated the MC by forcing him to reveal Gobubi's stat to the class and then had the MC to go into the newbie dungeon alone when it was suppose to be done in groups. After the incident was reported to the principal by the senpai, the teacher was force to apologize to MC's mom (chapter 4) and replaced with a new teacher after being put in house arrest (chapter 5).

What I mean by no evidence of the cave-in is there would be nothing left to examine if the dungeon has a reset mechanic. With no crime scene to see how the cave-in was caused, there'd be nothing to link it to an action by the girl except MC's words. Again, this would be if the writer want to go a more revenge oriented story, which I don't think they are.

Dex-chan lover
The girl is suppose to become the Saintess in the game and does appear relatively powerful already (able to fight to 20th floor). Don't really know full extent of her abilities, just know MC was fully charmed and unaware he was under it's effect until after the fact. In a more revenge oriented story, I could see an accusation event being used to turn the class/school against MC by siding with the girl who is popular and well liked.

The first teacher humiliated the MC by forcing him to reveal Gobubi's stat to the class and then had the MC to go into the newbie dungeon alone when it was suppose to be done in groups. After the incident was reported to the principal by the senpai, the teacher was force to apologize to MC's mom (chapter 4) and replaced with a new teacher after being put in house arrest (chapter 5).

What I mean by no evidence of the cave-in is there would be nothing left to examine if the dungeon has a reset mechanic. With no crime scene to see how the cave-in was caused, there'd be nothing to link it to an action by the girl except MC's words. Again, this would be if the writer want to go a more revenge oriented story, which I don't think they are.
Was MC fully charmed tho? lets be honest, it would have been the same had she not had charm XD

Even more reason for it to be sus... why would a weakling go so high level? The reason given is stupid.

Doesn't need to be a crime scene to know the story is stupid.

As for this story... if she gets away with it, and MC doesn't at least make sure they get punished (by his own hand or not), would be stupid and only serve to piss off the reader.

And I wouldn't trust the whole not a revenge story... I was reading another that wasn't a revenge story that suddenly went full on torture and r*pe of his party that kicked him out and then tried to harm him and his party members. Which quite frankly felt like it came out of no where.

I got a feeling that they only ignored them becase they considered them too weak to be much of a bother....the immediately considered them a threat once they got any of the stats to s rank

Users who are viewing this thread