Geist x Revenant: Kusozako Mob na Ore wa, Aibou no Seirei o Bishoujo ni Shinka Sasete Saikyou ni!

Double-page supporter
p*kemon's "fighting with monster slaves", with a shitty mc.

seriously if your summon is so weak help it defeat enemies by fighting along side it as equals. why can't we just have harem stories with "ideal" protags instead of "normal" protags. you'd still be getting the bitches, just with better reason than kindness

For anyone that doesn't get it (as this manga does an awful job explaining it), this is the anime/manga/LN version of "Annora Petrova"... If some of you still don't get it:

1 - MC googled his name for fun.

2 - He found a wiki guide about a videogame (with the same name as the novel/manga), that he never heard of.

3 - One of the characters listed as an early boss had the same name, face and general description as him.

4 - MC fears that somehow his school life will be as pitiful as it was described for said early boss so he will put all his heart into prevent that from happening...

So yeah, MC didn't just happened to be reincarnated in a world that was the same as a game he played, he's more like the anime version of a creepypasta...

Aggregator gang
For anyone that doesn't get it (as this manga does an awful job explaining it), this is the anime/manga/LN version of "Annora Petrova"... If some of you still don't get it:

1 - MC googled his name for fun.

2 - He found a wiki guide about a videogame (with the same name as the novel/manga), that he never heard of.

3 - One of the characters listed as an early boss had the same name, face and general description as him.

4 - MC fears that somehow his school life will be as pitiful as it was described for said early boss so he will put all his heart into prevent that from happening...

So yeah, MC didn't just happened to be reincarnated in a world that was the same as a game he played, he's more like the anime version of a creepypasta...
thanks so much, this explains it. They really skipped the start with the manga, lol.

Dex-chan lover
Just your average brain-dead isekai. Only thing really going for it is the art. The story is exactly as you'd expect, and the characters are the generic assholes until MC gets cool BS, and the MC has about as much charisma and character as a chair.

There are much better uses of your time than this series.

Dex-chan lover
Another soulless adaptation of a webnovel.

I see some praise for the art but I look at it and I immediately get that bland, mercenary, "I've been hired to do this" feeling about it.

In two words: Bad product.

Dex-chan lover
Edit (13/06/2023):
I would like to take back what I said about this series. I couldn't contain my curiosity so I read the WN and this story is indeed trash. It's like the author doesn't want to stick to only one troupe, so they makes things progress super fast, while sloppily explaining things along the way. Author also makes up random bullshit on the fly to explain new shit they just thought of.

so yeah, this is INDEED TRASH. Read it as your own risk.

Original:

wow, everyone is just trashing this. Personally, I think this is decent enough.

The title, the genres and the summary makes it clear that this is just another fantasy story about raising pet, becoming strong (and possibly getting a harem along the way), and it's doing a good enough job of that.

If you come here expecting dark, gritty, realism, angst,... it's your own fault for expecting that in a story like this. However, if you don't mind a story where the MC does try and work hard (at least at the start) to get stronger, with some typical high school bullying and other cliche trope, give this a try.

It ain't no masterpiece, but it's a fun series to read when you just want to relax and read something mindlessly.

Last edited:
Man, now I realize how important it is to explain everything before they start the story. It might be cliche, but at least I understand the context.

Dex-chan lover
Then he wakes up just to see that everything was just a dream

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
What the hell? This isn't an adaptation? I thought it was cause the writing was shit lol

Dex-chan lover
What are you using to make this machine translation? It's pretty good.

Also thanks for your work.

Dex-chan lover
The intrigue of this not being an isekai is pretty much immediately sabotaged by the fact that the author doesn't care about the one thing the story is doing that is truly unique (a game character discovering he's an NPC in a game with a predetermined story path to go on and how he deals with the idea that his and everyone else's fates are set and also that his sucks)

Instead that really neat twist is just an excuse do do an isekai plot (the "oh noes! I'm in a game/story world but instead of being the hero I'm a villain/side character/nobody!" plot) without the actual isekai aspect of it. Once the story gets going it's pretty standard chuuni fare: looked-down-on loser with a hidden power/advantage endures the slings and arrows of basically everyone else in his orbit so he can overcome them and prove he's actually the best. Without the potential of its setup quirk it's just a predictable, lazy, perfectly mediocre retread of the same story that exists in dozens of other near-identical manga. It's certainly not terrible. I've read far worse trash than this. But there's not a lot to recommend it over the swathe of other titles riding these same rails.

Also the title is hilariously stupid considering it spoils that is not yet revealed as of chapter 6 and by the looks of things appears to not be likely to happen in the near future.

It would be like calling the first Harry Potter story "Let's meet Dumbledore before Snape kills him." Or the first Star Wars "I live on a farm on a desert planet but I'm actually the galaxy's savior and my dad is the evil villain."

Users who are viewing this thread