Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Sacrifice the Plum Tree to Preserve the Peach Tree

Dex-chan lover
@HOOfan_1
Agreed. Castor and Carmine? They get cool new assignments. Carla? She becomes a new toy for the sadistic head maid.

Fed-Kun's army
everything went just as planned
and if you say it was too easy... well, it's not
the old king already know everything that will happen when he gave carmine the villain role
thanks to the queen's ability to "restart everything"
the queen already experienced the bad end after all

@AlmondMagnum

Of course it's mainly played off for laughs, and even more disturbingly, Carla thinks that the way the head maid treats her is justified. After being defeated, Carla is loyal to Souma and Licia, not just because of the slave collar, but because of her own convictions. It seems wrong for Souma to be in the process of abolishing slavery in the kingdom, but continuing to keep Carla as a slave and allow her to be mistreated. Of course whenever he needs her help, he drags her out and she loyally protects his life. He rewarded her father with almost no sentence because of his loyalty to the kingdom, how about doing the same for Carla. I think this story is a cut above most Isekai, but the way Carla is treated drags it down from where it could be.

Dex-chan lover
@yohane
No, the old king just knew what would happen if he merely made Souma the prime minister. He had no guarantee that making him king would work out.

@HOOfan_1
Yeah. Of course, you can make excuses. Castor has had a whole century of loyalty, while Carla hasn't served nearly as long. And she's not a victim of unscrupulous slavers, but an actual criminal. But still, the way she's treated is ridiculous.

is there anywhere i can actually read the novel?

i kinda want to read this one which is rare.

and it seems like novel update is only up to volume 5 and from what i can see there is currently 9 released.

Dex-chan lover
Oh man, the thing that pains me the most from this chapter is not the underwhelming end to the civil war, nor the loss of the Two Dukes, who are now traitors. It's Carla.

Perhaps I have a soft spot for Carla, but I feel like her worth out-weights her crime. If only Duke Castor had made a wiser decision...

Dex-chan lover
I'm so happy it's not a heart wrenching battle. with the slave collars, at least they don't have to kill those "dead roots".
but they really didn't say anything prior, Souma didn't even narrate the acquisition of "slave collars", the war was foreshadowing something but to end it like this. I suppose gore isn't good in any harem story... I'd rather shed tears than underestimate a good story.
this is a good result nonetheless, they don't have time to be gore-like, the fronts are divided and they have to make it like a BOSS

Dex-chan lover
@JewPizza
I cant say why, but it was necessary.
Had to get rid of the cancerous nobles, cause they honestly are a lot more trouble then they look if they were left alone.

Double-page supporter
Hey, I just notice that the art style kinda reminds me of Code Geass. These characters have something similar about them to how Code Geass characters were drawn. Are they from the same artist?

Edit: Also, Please Duke George don't give us a stupid reason for all this drama as a mere Test for the new king to see if he's worthy of ruling......uh, now that I hear myself say it it does sound like something Warrior George would do and say with all that talk about his warrior pride and the warriors way he does things.
Ah shit, maybe it is that. Why did I end up being right in guessing that? People on both sides lost lives for your games which would've worked if there wasn't a war going on outside the kingdom and then there is the incoming attack too from a whole ass other country.
My rating of this manga just went from 10 to a solid 8. Such disappointment. Smh.

Tho I do have to give props to mc for going through with stepping over his pride. And straight going for the main event. Good head on his shoulders for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread