Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 6 Ch. 28 - A Prologue After The War

Dex-chan lover
More wood to the fire, another girl to the harem, more international shenanigans

Dex-chan lover
Trap probably has to do with resources or maybe it was just worded in such a way that it’s fuck over the other nations once the war is over

Dex-chan lover
@Stilgar I can't recall the exact details but as I recall from the LN

The moment the War with the Demon world is over, the Empire is going to lose all support of all the other countries, at this time all of their resources are going to the war, and when they lose those resources and support then they will not be able to support themselves. The Queen of the empire knows this and is effectively sacrificing her country to end the war.

I feel that Souma is Nationalist while Maria is Globalist

also shut the fuck up, Jeanny. You know nothing about politics. -says the guy who comments about Nationalism and Globalism

Fed-Kun's army
@FgoSegul Basically what @Granitefish said.

The MC see's the major flaw in how the declaration is set up.. The flaw itself isn't a "direct" negative for the kingdoms who sign the treaty but in turn is a terrible situation for the Empire(creators of the treaty) itself after the war is over.

Edit: @stilgar Not, really.. I mean, they are literally giving out resources to the point of their people starving or constantly asking for recruits because the Empire that's facing the demons is basically running on fumes... Yes, its for "humanity"... However, when the dust settles. The other kingdoms will spend all there time getting there own kingdoms back in order and her kingdom is by far in the worse position since her country is where the war is at. Her country basically has no resources at all, that's why they are all sending the resources to her kingdom.

@Ryu12 It's your typical "female knight" or the whole... She has those beer goggles on that read things like.. My leader is better than your leader without a second thought, no matter what the actual situation is.

Dex-chan lover
jeanne i think you have them mixed up. souma is the logical one since he only strives to better his kingdom right now while the empress is the emotional one from what you said about her thinking that all kingdoms must assist each other to fight against the demon.

she also said that they must get back van from souma's kingdom due to dignity. i know that dignity is pretty important for a kingdom but there are times that they must be cruel and enforce the declaration. the non emotional way to do it would have been if they didn't assist them to take it back. i don't remember if the declaration said that if they don't sign it then the empire won't be liable to attacks but what i do remember is that the use of force to take land is not allowed. which is what the principality tried to do. they broke the declaration hence should get punished.

she didn't look at it in the way where she could get more control over the other kingdoms(logical) but the route of dignity(emotional) where she wants to try to keep things the way they are. thus she is the emotional one.

@codydub03 i totally agree. i mean she legit said that our boy throws away those who can't be used and usually people who can throw away non useful things are the logical ones.

@stilgar See spoiler.

From what I can tell from the fandom page for this series the trap is that that clauses 1 and 2 for the treaty are in a position to contradict one another. Clause 1 says signatories for the treaty can't annex or capture land from one another and should that happen the Gran Chaos Empire can intervene militarily to return the status quo. Clause 2 however says all citizens have equal rights and the kingdoms need to respect the individual freedoms of their citizens. So the issue comes up of what do you do if some citizens decide to rise up and take part of their kingdoms land and join another kingdom that is also a signatory?

Clause 1 implies that the kingdom that lost land could request that the Empire come in and restore the status quo. But clause 2 says you have to respect the rights and freedoms of your citizens, who in this case decided to rebel and join another kingdom and thus if you call in the Empire to return the status quo you are now infringing on the rights of those citizens and as a result breaking the second clause of the treaty.

For a more detailed explanation: https://genkoku.fandom.com/wiki/Mankind_Declaration_Treaty

Fed-Kun's army
Prime Minister: start sowing the seeds of disintegration!
King Souma: what. this is not Iraq....

Dex-chan lover
@razxiko it's the novelupdates link on the manga page or that's the WN I don't have a link to the LN but you can find it on Amazon

Souma have realistic mindset while Maria have idealistic mindset.

Calling Souma decide things based on emotion shows that she doesn't know Souma.

Having idealistic goals like "human should band together in one banner" sure can inspire people. But a country can only be run if you are realistic. Imo

Dex-chan lover
If i remember correctly, the Official LN Translation just refers to it as a 'Loophole' instead of a 'Trap'.

The summary in @Kourgath223 's spoiler is pretty much exactly what that loophole is.

But it isn't really the loophole itself that stopped Souma form signing...

...its the fact that Souma plans to USE the loop hole to 'legally' Annex Van.

The people of Van have been horribly oppressed by the Principality, and pretty much brainwashed to think it is the Kingdom fault. King Souma here is about to show these people what Freedom actually is, until the Empire is forced to make Souma return Van to Julius.

And then Julius IMMEDIATELY returns things to the oppressive norm leading the people of Van to go "The Foreign King who invaded us treats us better then our 'rightful' ruler....". After an unrelated rebellion happens else where in the country, Julius takes his solders to go suppress it. Yes, going out to kill farmers and villagers that rebelled against a shitty local noble. (Side note, this was instigated by one of the other neighboring countries already planning to start take their own piece of the Principality)

As soon as Julius and his soldiers are clear of the city, the people of Van rise up (instigated by Souma's spies), take control of the palace, and immediately send word to the Kingdom that they want to be Re-annexed and added to the Kingdom.

Its GREAT!

Users who are viewing this thread