Genjitsushugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki - Vol. 6 Ch. 30 - Project Lorelai (2)

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the chapter guy’s! I really appreciate it. 😁

thanks for the chapter!
I still don't think a medieval fantasy kingdom would even be able to understand or appreciate some dude coming on with a modern japanese talent show, so these past couple chapters kinda force me to suspend my disbelief lol

Fed-Kun's army
I also notice the repeated sentences last chapter but i didnt expect it to be fixed but im glad that theyre super dilegent, i love this manga, its a good political fantasy manga and exactly what i needed when i read the 1st chapter when it came out

Fed-Kun's army
@Bakubread I guess back then, people didnt really have much to do, so any entertainment is very appreciated. Just think of it as a kingdom wide colosseum.

Free to express yourself, unless you express your belief that the new king who came out of nowhere and was declared king minutes after he came from nowhere, is some sort of charlatan. Then you will be declared a traitor and be attacked and have a slave collar put on you.

Dex-chan lover
Entertainment is easy way to get popularity. Better like it or else..

Well, if someone thinks you can get a centuries long grudge from being forced from your land to some snowy hellscape will be erased by some singing and TV, they are ... well, let's be charitable and call them optimistic :/

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1
It's a distraction, if everyone is too busy having fun they cannot stage a rebellion. Doesn't matter if they have a grudge if they cannot manifest it.

@HOOfan_1

Completely ignoring all context of actual military rebellion aren't we? Expressing yourself doesn't allow you to physically/militarily attack the system allowing those freedoms without consequences.

Double-page supporter
@rrolo1
That also assumes every citizen of Van is entirely wrapped up in the centuries long conflict narrative. Sure, there are going to be citizens that try to rebel on that reason, but the average Joe is just going to care about the immediate concequence. They care about their own needs before some hundreds year old argument. If they were getting a raw deal from their previous government, they may be initially upset by the conquering of their nation, but once you show them "Hey, we aren't going to fuck you like the previous one did", it can help quell rebellion and increase positive opinions.

It isn't going to last forever, but it is a misdirection to keep emotions lower than they would be otherwise.

It's ironic a Japanese manga expects to know about freedom when they did exactly the genocide of chinese and korean people during the Japanese occupation for speaking their own language, culture or tradition.

CBC

Aggregator gang
@HOOfan_1
Considering that that expression:
a) was done in response to Souma's anti-corruption campaign which involved arresting certain nobles, and one of the Dukes played traitor to attract all the known problematic elements in one place, with absolutely no idea what he was saying...
b) threatened the unity of the kingdom's combined military forces when a foreign nation's own army was marching towards them...
c) had been questioned and challenged, with him actually damning himself, his family, and subordinates under the Laws of the Kingdom at the time, in which Souma could have actually executed everyone involved legally (this was a major plot point that got him the talented Earth Mage, the one with the twin spears, and the guy's sweetheart on his side in the Royal Army)...

...I'd say he actually got off very light considering the Laws of the Kingdom before Souma could seriously knuckle down to change them, as it stands, Souma only had the time to audit the Kingdom with a fine-tooth comb, introduce Agricultural Reforms, and get the kingdom's road systems (along with the natural disaster in the Forest) started before the Crisis with the Dukes and the Invasion side-tracked him.

The thing with self-expression seemingly everyone forgets is that you're free to say what you wish, but it's also a responsibility. There are consequences to your words, to your actions, they might affect only you, they might affect your friends and family, they might affect a stranger or a community, and it's your responsibility that that effect is a positive one. If you knowingly express a thought or an idea that has a negative impact (whether immediate or in the long term), you really shouldn't be surprised if someone holds you responsible and you are punished for it.

Dex-chan lover
You're more likely to lose support for a cause the more time passes. The young portion of the population won't bother with something that they haven't experienced themselves, and the older ones are quite a minor group/are powerless themselves to actually do something about, so as long as the "new ruler" doesn't outright do something terrible to/goes over the top with its subjects, nothing will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread