Genkai Level 1 kara no Nariagari ~Saijaku Level no Ore ga Isekai Saikyou ni Naru made - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Fed-Kun's army
What the, these sadistic FUCKS! Sadism has a point where it's to far man

I'm a sadist and i definitely am not into fucking guro

Fed-Kun's army
Now this is why i hate manga like this where the side character always gets to fuck, while the main character is busy being a dense scaredy cat retard

Dex-chan lover
Ahh yes a classic, villain ? Yes, rape ? Of course, human race is superior time to genocide all the other race lol

Can't they do better, tired of this silly stories

Dex-chan lover
Ffs I hope that "hero" dies a miserable death instead of being sparred by the mc, also what happened to the girl that was summoned too?
Ffs why didn't I see the sexual violence tag, I hate that shit

Group Leader
So MC still isn’t at the same level as the other summoned people. Receptionists said his stats were about the same as someone at level 60 and the others are level 80 or 90

On the bright side, he can dismantle corpses so he’ll have an interesting time fighting the necromancer

Aggregator gang
I'd say that with his stats working out to a normie at lvl 60 or so he's in trouble against a crew of 80s and 90s, but by the sound of things, those idiots are gonna be feeding him some of their elite zombie troops, so...should work out in the end?

Dex-chan lover
@BOTMAN
I agree that there are MUCH better ways of writing villains than this, but I do have to disagree with your viewpoint of what constitutes a well written villain. By your definition of a well written villain, Licht (patry) from Black Clover ought to be one of the best well written villains. Is that a correct assessment of your viewpoint?

In my personal viewpoint, a well written villain is one that is a defined villain, but whose story is complex and it takes a good chunk of the story to learn how he/she thinks, but he/she is still ultimately a hated villain in the end. (Tensei Slime story is a great example with its main villain (not the puppet master demon lord, by the way))

The only real exception to this is when the MC either is a bad guy (like those revenge manga) or if he/she is a chaotic neutral character that walks the line between good and bad (like the eminence of shadow). That is just my viewpoint though.

Well, either way, we can all agree that the ones from this manga were poorly written ones. They were written like those random bandits/thugs from other series that are just small time villains.

I dont like the story, i dont like the mc but i will keep reading this to see how this dick die

Dex-chan lover
Every villain is shit and is portrayed as some kind of psycho that must be stopped asap and the MC ... is bound by overly strict guild regulations. The bad guy have to come to him. That's frustrating and really hard to watch. What kind of breed of masochists does the author believe his readers to be? The more evil the villains and the more evil deeds they did, the more rewarding their defeat? Is that what the author believes? That's wrong. At some point the rewarding pleasure of seeing one asshat finally being removed can't be increased anymore by adding more evil shit he/she is doing, no matter who many peoples lives he/she ended/destroyed. There is this limit and as an author there is no need to go beyond.

They introduced those three psychopaths, who love their atrocities. Okay. And now get rid of them all quickly. If their end is swift, their appearance might be forgiven by those, who continue to read this.

@xboxbam: What BOTMAN wrote would indeed make better villains than those here. I can also agree on your "evil, but has a well written BG-story"-villain approach. Those guy here have been portrayed as being different kind of scummy evil. Well, at least everyone seems to be a plain copy of a different type of generic scummy villain. The braty murder hobo, the psychopathic freak and the self-loving "I'm the hero so lick my boots"-bastard. And most of them are rapists. Still they have been introduced in such a shallow way and already have been de-humanized or demonized by their deeds (standing around and having a good time while watching somebody getting raped is also evil), it's hard to believe the audience is willing to take any further deepening of their characters. As the are right now they are only useful as fuel for a revenge-type MC and as such there is no need to keep them around as they are an irritant that let's the fun-factor of this manga decrease.
To answer you initial question: My take on an interesting villain would be to let him/her surprise the readers and/or make at least something about him relatable. If he/she would have been wronged in the past in a way the readers can feel sympathy with him/her, that's relatable. If you make him a power greedy bastard, well everyone is power hungry more or less. Show that a portion of his ambition is close to something the readers also felt at some point (maybe while playing a videogame about galactic conquest). Maybe he/she wants to be finally recognized and actually deserves to be in a twisted way, because his/her has been injustly ignored/overstepped (cry for revenge) or his/her deeds just have been outrageous, clever, mindblowing, unexpected in their outcome, funny? or recognizable in any other form, so that the reader has to say, "Hey! Give that guy/gal credit." Doing something unexpected is also something good to make a character interesting. Letting a villain slaughter a village is boring, letting that character slaughter a village the reader expected to be around for longer is better. But if a villain, that has been mildly evil and been known for being relatively quite, peaceful and reasonable, steps over the corpses of known and beloved townsfolk and the head of that nice uncle Joe, people who he/she seemingly had been on good terms on before, and mutter something like, "That'll do for now.", that is even better. Surprising the audience of readers is always a good way to create a good villain.

Did those Japanese kids get possessed or something? Their personality makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread