Girlfriend, Girlfriend - Vol. 16 Ch. 144 - Girlfriend, Girlfriend

Dex-chan lover
It started great, was fun. And then ended up like this, I will not miss this manga glad its over.

Thank you for all of your hardwork. It's a pleasure to be a reader of one of the best scanlation team ever exists.

One of the best harem manga everrrr , joke to some peoples hate harem but always read the manga with harem tag xD
The best way to end a harem manga is harem ending or atleast open ed, don't make big mistake like some sh!t like Cant Study ,Yuragi Yuuna....

Fed-Kun's army
Well, it's really-really rare that a manga ends with a satisfying ending, and halfway throught lost the comedy, but I liked it. Can't wait to see the 2nd season of the anime and do the cosplay photo shoot.

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad I enjoyed the journey at least. Very sad to see yet another mangaka fall out of love with their creation and rush to the ending after a predictable and pointless drama arc.
Or maybe he got pressure from the publisher/editors? I dunno. What I do know is I would have happily watched this thing get milked for another 50 chapters of harem hijinks. Like where are all the other parents? How ARE you going to resolve lewd acts? Just how bisexual is Saki and when is she gonna make her moves on the girls?
Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
When I started reading this I fully expected to drop it at some point

I would have never thought my final impression would be "thank god it's finally fucking over"

Dex-chan lover
It was fun while it lasted and thanks for translating it all the way.

Definitely would've preferred to see some more rom-com fluff at the end. Whatever we all think about the final harem, I'd have loved some more chapters following the new 5-way dynamic, Saki bonding with her girlfriends and, by Mirika having her arm around Shino at the end, something growing between them. Well, I guess that's what imagination is for, and fanworks if you've got talent.

Dex-chan lover
I 100% agree with Irru's comment, is like theytook the words out of my mouth. I try to remember the very funny chapters that got me hooked to this manga, but I can't quite shake the sour taste in my mouth of that last Mirika arc. To room to breathe at all.

Thank you for finishing the series despite it being licensed! I really enjoy reading When?! releases, since they're always high quality.

And of course, I can't end my comment without reminding everyone that Shino was, is and will be BEST GIRL.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for all the translators team!
I'm sure they will release some extra chapters later on because this ending is not conclusive enough

Power Uploader
Oh shit, I forgot about MD. I already read this a day ago and commented on the Reddit thread. Just going to copy paste my comment and leave like a dog marking the territory before it leaves.
A happy and smiling Saki is a good Saki. Also, lewd Shino as a tutor is everything I ever wanted in my life.

I agree with Shino's comment—it sucked. But it was the good type of sucking. At least it didn't suck Quintuplets level of sucking. I don't know what I'm saying anymore.

I remember watching the first episode of the anime and immediately jumping to the manga. When I saw in White Dog Scanlations' website (BCS) it didn't really attract me with that synopsis. But when I saw the first episode of the anime, I had to check out the manga. The manga had the same energy of the anime (anime had the same energy as the manga would be more appropriate) and I got hooked. I have been keeping up with this almost every week I think. Rarely missed a week.

Unfortunately, the last arc really didn't feel like KmK. I kind of felt like Hiroyuki wanted to end this quickly when Mirika called out Naoya on his three-timing. I feared at that time that maybe the series wouldn't get a harem ending. Thank God it did get a harem ending, I couldn't imagine it any other way.

But hey, at least it ended on an average note. Hiroyuki did the classic "Every character in one single panel for the last time", similar to Kaguya-sama's ending. I can't even blame him, it works out 99% of the time. The problem is... instead of putting the panel of all of them together as the final panel, he chose to end it on the parent's joke. This guy Hiroyuki... he really likes to mess up a lot. Sigh....

I don't know why he wanted to end KmK so quickly and to be frank, I will not be looking forward to his next work. The journey to the end was at least good. I will remember all the characters and this series. Also thanks to When?! Scans for sticking around all this time and almost giving me a heart attack right at the end (Kmango incident).

One less manga to look forward to every week. So long, partner.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how many of the girls Saki’s got so far. Not relevant to this chapter, so I’m not annoyed we don’t know if it’s 0 or 3, but there’s no way things don’t get complicated with the electron bonds.

Dex-chan lover
It was fun while it lasted and thanks for translating it all the way.

Definitely would've preferred to see some more rom-com fluff at the end. Whatever we all think about the final harem, I'd have loved some more chapters following the new 5-way dynamic, Saki bonding with her girlfriends and, by Mirika having her arm around Shino at the end, something growing between them. Well, I guess that's what imagination is for, and fanworks if you've got talent.
I wish the flow of things had left room for Saki properly dating one or three girls. We just know she wants to and they’re not creeped out (Baruch Hashem. That would be a dreadful decision).

Dex-chan lover
One of the best harem manga everrrr , joke to some peoples hate harem but always read the manga with harem tag xD
The best way to end a harem manga is harem ending or atleast open ed, don't make big mistake like some sh!t like Cant Study ,Yuragi Yuuna....
You don’t seem to know about the old days when it started with Best Girl, then a series of increasingly problematic additions show up, then he ends up with Best Girl the end.
Love Hina springs to mind first, but that was ALL OF THEM back in the day.

I was big into Tenshi Muyo back in the day, but while it was one of the few anime that went with “all”, the girls in question had… issues. Like, not legal ones. Teenage brain and anime desensitisation led me to watching a lot of shit I wish did not exist, now.
Pisses me off, because it was just adding girls to his literal royal harem, and it was chill. That part was great. But… I don’t want to list all the reasons none are OK. Well, the last addition might be better? I don’t remember. The plot was gone by then.

Users who are viewing this thread