Golden Kamuy - Vol. 17 Ch. 163 - Wanted Poster

VIP
man, that was amazing skill... and now aca is involved to in emperor assasination.... damn, golden kamuy never dissapoint!

Contributor
That's really dope fight, probably one of the best realistic battle I've read in a manga mmm...

Dex-chan lover
Seems pretty obvious, but wouldn't 100% guarantee it. Still, it appears that the skin flap from his forehead will cause his facelessness in the very near future.

I don't understand why he would come to the logical conclusion that Ogata was hiding in that casket?

Dex-chan lover
Ok, so Alexander II was killed by the actions of Gribovitsky and Rysakov, who indeed tried to throw a bomb and failed. Bomb supposed to fell under carriage and, frankly I don't remember how things go awry, but bomb exploded behind the carriage, tsar was a-ok. Yet, probably in hubris, despite the advise of his bodyguards, he gets out of carriage, go ask Rysakov something, and it gives the second terrorist Gribovitskiy chance to throw another, smaller bomb. It lands by the Emperors legs. Explosion that follows gravely injures the monarch (his legs are shattered) and Gribovitsky himself. Bodyguards then carry the Emperor to the sled, to bring him to the Winter Palace to die, as he asked them.

If my memory does not deceive me, 11 people were injured. One of the bodyguards killed, along with 14 yo boy from the street, from the first explosion. Second explosion killed the Emperor and his killer.

Later captured Rysakov gives away all the members of "Narodnaya Volya", and in following months organisation ceased to exist completely. There were no wanted posters for someone who killed the Tsar.

I just reread this, but look at Ogata's gun, it's the Berdan single shot rifle. The one he borrowed from the oroks. It means he was THAT confident in taking down Vasily in one shot. What a god. He truly is best boy.

Dex-chan lover
That conclusion made no sense. Why would he assume that a sniper would hide himself in a casket? It's a terribly constrained, awkward space that would make it hard for a sniper to shoot from, let alone observe the enemy or escape. He should have taken the advantage of being in his element, in his territory, and played the waiting game.

After observing Ogata for an hour and came to the conclusion that the sniper he was looking at is a scarecrow, Vasily started to have anxious thoughts and made the assumption that Ogata switched places with the corpse in the casket; which then resulted to him getting a major wound on his face.
This proven that snipers are indeed aware of their surroundings to the point of cowardice.

Users who are viewing this thread