Golden Kamuy - Vol. 27 Ch. 266 - Pinky Finger Bones

Group Leader
@ehscans are you sure about Vladivostok standing for "Rule the East"? Wikipedia gives it as "'Ruler of the East" which makes more sense.

Group Leader
@Volphied

There are a few different interpretations of the name, apparently, and at least according to Britannica "Rule the East" is one of them. However, in this case it doesn't really matter because I'm not giving my own interpretation but just translating what Tsukishima says, and in Japanese it's unambiguously saying "Rule the East" instead of "Ruler of the East." It's a good question to ask, though!

About Vladivostok, the name is derived from "владеть" — "to own" and "восток" — "the East", so I guess the more accurate translation would be "to own the East". Although, in the past "влади" meant "to rule"

@Aratataoatatara
1% homo subtext

What? What do you mean 1%?
Tanigaki alone makes this series at least 10% homo

That lewd Matagi...

o8Nmknl.jpg

Fed-Kun's army
@BasilD

I tried finding the interview again because I swore I read Noda saying that theme about parents and children, directly and here it is again, plainly stated in the chapter, with both the death and birth of a child.

I can't find it but it's a recurring theme through this manga: especially that tattooed convict who also lost his kid to lightning and began to lash at the world because of it.

I know I read that interview around the time I read this https://mobile.twitter.com/KamuyCentral/status/1329591175913738241 but now I'm wondering if I got confused along the way because I read a bunch of GK stuff in one go.

Dex-chan lover
"The law of Boutarou's revenge" strikes.

@BajaxShadax Agreed, and i add, Tanigaki alone can easily fluctuate the "homo" factor of the manga to levels that defy mathematics, the first 10% is only the basic percentage from where it starts.

Dex-chan lover
@BajaxShadax He is a naughty bear, such a dirty boy, seducing all those that come near him.

Inkarmat grabbed her man by the balls first before someone else did.

Thank you so much for updating!!
I somehow believe that although Tsurumi is being true about his pain and wishes, this is not the only reason he's doing this, as tsukishima wondered.

Interesting. I've been suspecting Tsurumi of having some personal motivation for quite a while, but definitely not to this extent, huh.

>"the Law of Boutarou's Revenge"

Translator's notes absolutely killing it as usual, I see. :D

Users who are viewing this thread