Golden Kamuy - Vol. 27 Ch. 270 - The Cause of It All

I think he lied about Wilk shot Fina and Olga. He did it to make Asirpa feeling guilty and tell where's the gold buried. But, let's see in the next chapter.

Knowing Tsurumi is a manipulative person, I can see that this talks are merely his way to persuade Asirpa so that she would tell the code willingly. I bet he have something in his mind, I crossed finger to his patriotic gibberish.

Thank you so much for the update!!!
And as always, the credits are 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

In the translator notes it's mentioned that the poppies are opium ones. I wonder why is that? As far as I know poppy flower is a common symbol of war victims all over the world. There's nothing weird to use its image in depicting war memorials. It's just a symbol of spilled blood. Why to emphasize on its opiumness though?

@Ariamcon His vision is basically more wars carving out a Japanese empire with blood. He has the Japanese mindset that led to ww2 . Reminds me of big boss in a way trying to keep make endless wars to keep soldiers in demand and respected.

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe some people are actually rooting for this bastard Tsurumi and his militaristic bullshit. I hope Asirpa won't fall for his lies, especially not the "patriotic Ainu" act. Japan, even at the time, was actively pursuing a policy of erasing the Ainu lifestyle and assimilating Ainu as Japanese. Tsurumi's plan is actually what IRL Japan pursued: forceful assimilation of the Ainu, death of the Kamuy, development of the imperial army, invasion of Manchuria, WW2 and its lot of massacres and atrocities.

Dex-chan lover
You're an insane man Tsurumi but I respect your candor and resolve

I have to say, I remmber there being theories that it was Wilk, and not Sofia, that killed his family and it seems they were correct! Of course assuming that Tsurumi is telling the truth - which is like an impossible thing to know. I have never seen a character like him, not only he plays mind games with everyone in this manga but also with us, the readers.

I have to give kudos to Ogata for being able to see though his deception, he may not be able to understand love but he can spot a lying B.

Also I think it's funny how Tsukishima, of all of Tsurumi's harem, seems to be the most easy to deceive. I look forward to the day that he and Koito together will dispose of Tsurumi 🤡

We also have to acknowledge how strong our baby Asirpa is, even though she was horrified her first thoughts were that it was her father's actions that made Tsurumi such a sad person.

She is too precious and we must protect her at all costs 😠

Also kids should never have to atone for the sins of their parents.

There's something to be said about how Sugimoto calls Ipopte by his Ainu name, while Tsurumi in in an earlier chapter called his father by his Japanese name, Ariko, as he thanks him for not "dividing" the Ainu and the Japanese... Much to think about...

Dex-chan lover
Koito's face.

Tsurumi is just to good of a liar for me to believe everything he says, the reveal of the bullet was just too perfect, exactly at the moment they in their most fragile like the perfect segue of a music he directly went with his reasoning of the ainu soldiers, this guy is too cunning for me.

I bet he even knows Tsukishima and Koito are hearing, there is no way he doeant know those two doubts.

@Lelleo Tsurumi is cultivating poppy fields based on his conversation with Arisaka before, and the latter mentioning about opium being very profitable.. their topic too being related to war addiction.

I'm also looking forward to what Sugimoto calling Ariko 'Ipopte' really meant. Considering the same page mentioning which way Ariko will head to.. the "7th division", "Hijikata's group", or "central".

CKN

Dex-chan lover
Whether Tsurumi embellished the story or not one cannot deny that Wilk was ruthless

Users who are viewing this thread