Gomi Ika da to Tsuihousareta Shounin, Jitsu wa Zensei Kenja Desu ~ Shijou Saikyou no Kenja, Sekai Saikou Hou no Gakuen ni Kayou

Group Leader
Yeah this is really similar to the ice princess butler one and that other butler one where he leaves his mistress to go to some academy (that updates slow)

This is one of the most cliched mangas to ever cliche its way into my reading list. I'll still read it, but it's the standard "butler gets fired for 'incompetence' but turns out to be super strong and was actually single-handedly carrying the whole territory" mixed with a smidge of "sage decided to reincarnate into the future due to troubles in their time", which should be a fine combo, but it somehow feels even more braindead than usual if you think about it (if you're going to read this series, don't think about it).

Why he chose to live as a butler for so long in an abusive household when he had the sensibilities and moral understanding of an adult is beyond me, especially since he reincarnated himself specifically because he had none of the freedom he wanted, but it's not nearly as bad as the FL appearing in the standard alleyway-attempted-rape that these series love to throw into the mix to make our smurf protagonist stand out even more. The logic there was about as forced as what comically standard goon A attempted to do to our poor heroine, where she was supposedly not allowed to fight back against an attempted rape because... she's nobility? And (maybe because it would've taken away the ability for him to show off his crazy 'strongest sage' powers, but) the protagonist didn't deny it so apparently the nobility are fair game for the citizens in the world to commit crimes against??? Doesn't that also make the uber-powerful protagonist's complete and utter subservience even more questionable? Like, that's the kind of world-building you throw in if you want to make a true smurf that just brute-forces everything, but for some reason it's in the standard "servant oppressed by nobility" world? Like how the heck are the nobles going to enforce jack if any random shmuck can drag them into an alley and beat the daylights out of them?

Now that I've got my (unnecessary) thinking out of the way, I may as well give this a quick rating.
To pass the time: 6/10.
To use your brain: 2/10.
I don't quite understand how this is award winning unless they won gold at the "how many cliches can you stuff into one chapter" competition, but considering every book is a New York Times Best Seller, I'll just ignore that like the weird shenanigans going on in the worldbuilding.

Fed-Kun's army
This is dogshit. Just absolutely no original qualities, which, on its own, isn't necessarily bad, but it's just so painfully mediocre.

Fed-Kun's army
Wait, this is award winning? Seriously? Is this a joke?
I don't quite understand how this is award winning unless they won gold at the "how many cliches can you stuff into one chapter" competition, but considering every book is a New York Times Best Seller, I'll just ignore that like the weird shenanigans going on in the worldbuilding.

I think some 'Gomi' entered your eyes and you couldn't read properly. I know why it won the award

The Thug NPC said ''NOBLES CAN'T HURT THE COMMONER, YOU KNOW?!"
with such amazing world-building and deep lore

how will it not win an award?

Fed-Kun's army
i read 3-chapters, it is meh
the pacing feels too fast, maybe it is a good thing

the only good thing is that the art is decent and some of NPC expressions are funny

Double-page supporter
I saw "A thrilling reincarnation story!" and then I saw the 6.84 and couldn't help but laugh out loud and then jump into what will likely be recycled tropes that use the tropes without understanding how they should be used among other storytelling issues. It's alright though, I'm all for dumpster diving. Makes for great practice to understand what not to do as a writer.

Aggregator gang
I saw "A thrilling reincarnation story!" and then I saw the 6.84 and couldn't help but laugh out loud and then jump into what will likely be recycled tropes that use the tropes without understanding how they should be used among other storytelling issues. It's alright though, I'm all for dumpster diving. Makes for great practice to understand what not to do as a writer.
Yes, it's important to remember that on Mangadex, scores only range from 6.5 to 10. Getting a 6.8 is absolute toilet-tier. I just love that the synopsys can't decide if he's Gald or Gard, and that the name of his school is Remillion (or is it Lemillion?). Oh, and of course he has the lock-of-hair-between-the-eyes isekai standard issue haircut.

Yes, it's important to remember that on Mangadex, scores only range from 6.5 to 10. Getting a 6.8 is absolute toilet-tier. I just love that the synopsys can't decide if he's Gald or Gard, and that the name of his school is Remillion (or is it Lemillion?). Oh, and of course he has the lock-of-hair-between-the-eyes isekai standard issue haircut.
learned something new today. me and my ancestors extend our gratitude to you.

Fed-Kun's army
Ho lee shit someone call my plastic surgeon, the moment he revealed he was a reincarnated sage my forehead and chin tried to meet in violent cringe now I look like my grandma with out her dentures.

Users who are viewing this thread