Gourmet Gaming

I thought bulimia is like eating too much then vomiting them again cuz you don’t wanna get fat(or other reasons). What mc has seems like binge eating due to the fact that he keeps on eating excessively

Honestly I know that this is probably really interesting and fun. I love the premise! But as someone who actually had bulimia (and is now doing much better in case you were wondering), seeing the term used incorrectly like this makes me so incredibly uncomfortable. Like I actually can't get through chapter 2 because of the first few pages.

Dex-chan lover
I can't see why they couldn't just clip his stomach. This condition sounds bogus, and their attempted solution to send him off to lala-land is pretty far fetched.
Either way, this is a really weird premise. That there's a rich boy who has a very peculiar condition, and so, he's sent off to play video games. Eh.

@Solipsist Korean entertainment has a long-standing tradition of making up illnesses or completely exaggerating one to the point that makes no sense. It's a common trope to get the ball rolling and kinda forget about it until needed and then forget about it again.

@Solipsist

Clipping a stomach doesn't really do much except limit the amount you can physically eat in the short term. Could still stretch out the stomach over time yet again and end up in the same place you started, but with the added risk of killing yourself by damaging the area where the clip was done.

It's more of a psychological issue if anything so having someone engage with their love of food in a virtual setting would probably be ideal, learn to work towards and savor the food there while in reality you can comfort yourself with the memory of the nice meals you had virtually.

Contributor
Whoa the contrast between novel cover and webtoon cover...
Capture%2B_2018-07-07-20-05-19.png

The author probably teared his hair while screaming, after seeing it... (The webtoon art)

@starburst98 Yes, I read the comments and I also read macoco10's comment. I wonder if you read mine correctly. I simply stated that as someone who has dealt with bulimia, it makes me uncomfortable when the term is used incorrectly like this.
I know the MC does not have bulimia. It still makes me wildly uncomfortable when they talk about him having bulimia when it's clearly not.
I don't post comments thoughtlessly. My previous comment was just sharing how I felt about this mistranslation, as someone who has had this condition.
Thanks.

I was wondering why it felt odd, since I didn't remember Bulimia having anything to do with binge eating copious amounts of food and literally being unable to stop....Completely missing the main part of bulimia which is typically the purging of said eating, which basically counteracts all the eating, and is why the vast majority (if not all? ) people who suffer it are skinny. But I guess it's just a shoddy translation.

So I came noticing "Bulimia.." After reading some comments theres most likely some disconnect, but even if the wrong term was used, can somebody explain why it says it only affects two people in the world...?

For everyone here, tb
Here really is a disability that affects hunger and cravings similarly to this, it is called Prader Willi syndrome. Its really uncomfortable that this is continuously translated as Bulimia, it would be nice if the translations team changed the name to a made up disorder if this is supposed to be a disorder which does not exist. Its uncomfortable to see such a dangerous illness as Bulimia misrepresented like this

I asked why there was a delay for this series since they promised to release it everyday then they changed their mind to every 2 days but they didn’t even stick to that so I asked what was going on in their discord server then 3 seconds later I got banned :( I don’t even want to the on their discord server if it didn’t have notifications about manga releases pls unban me this is unfair my username is Timmy#5934

I really wish the translators (or author, I can't tell who's at fault here) would change the name of the disease to something made up instead of linking it to something that affects people in the real world. I think the series itself is very interesting, and I like the art and the characters, but the pretense that this made-up disease is the same as one in our world is insulting. I read the translators' note about asking the readers to treat the disease as one that's made up, but if that's the case I don't understand why they didn't just use a made-up name for it to avoid all this. This is really the one point of contention I have with this series. Also, I have to admit I was drawn to this series because it mentioned a character with Bulimia, and I was curious how the story would handle such a serious issue, and as such, it felt misleading to end up reading a story about a 'altered, lite version' of a real-life issue.

gotta wait 7 hours to watch more food get eaten... it'll be just in time for breakfast here 😄

Users who are viewing this thread