Graphical rendering bugs in Chrome (Android)

Fed-Kun's army
I don't know what happen, but in the last week MD screen in either the app and the web are bugging for me.
If it's not only MD, i thought its because i have 120+ tab opened in the browser. But unfortunately its only MD
Here's the screenshot example

Screenshot_20231103_094839_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231103_094818_Chrome.jpg

Solution
You can try:
  • If incognito works:
    • clearing cache
    • clearing site data (this will clear your reading history and some settings)
  • If incognito doesn't work:
    • updating your OS and browser
    • If this is Chrome (or a Chromium-based browser):
      • disabling chrome://flags/#enable-gpu-rasterization
File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
I think i found a solution by disabling rasterization in chrome://flags. But why this also affect the app?
I'm assuming you're talking about the PWA, that's not really an app, it's essentially just a browser shortcut wrapped up in a different interface that you can put on your home screen

Fed-Kun's army
Desktop mode

Screenshot-2023-12-07-16-36-42-710-com-android-chrome.jpg

non desktop mode

Screenshot-2023-12-07-16-38-22-082-com-android-chrome.jpg

And this

Please let me know where to post this if this is the wrong place

Also, how to fix it?

Power Uploader
You can try:
  • If incognito works:
    • clearing cache
    • If this is Chrome (or a Chromium-based browser):

Last edited:
Solution
Fed-Kun's army
You can try:
  • If incognito works:
    • clearing cache
    • If this is Chrome:
The first 3 step aren't working. Now trying 4th step

So, this issue is happened when I tried checking updates manga in my phone. Turn out the display is broken or error. I tried delete cache, cookies on my phone, but it doesn't fix. It issues only when I'm using google related app only. I tried using another app like UC browser, and it was normal. there's a reddit thread that even mention this issue :
I know that just use another app to fix this issue, but using another internet explorer app just for access mangadex is kinda annoying.

Mod note: thread merged into this one

Last edited by a moderator:
So, after I try fixing the problem, I found the cause and the solution. It was in the update of google (maybe it got bugged or corrupt when update in progress idk). So my solution is: try uninstall chrome or google (the app you use when the display is broken) to delete the update, then re-update or re-install the app. It works for me.
Note: when you uninstall the app, all your data will be deleted so be sure to backup before uninstall.

Last edited:
Po wejściu do najnowszych mang, albo są w połowie obcięte, albo w całości ich nie ma. Trzeba kilka razy obrócić telefon aby wszystko dokładnie mi się ukazało.

It seems like you have having this issue, which is related to a chrome bug to the best of my knowledge

Google TL:
Wygląda na to, że masz ten problem, który jest związany z błędem Chrome, zgodnie z moją najlepszą wiedzą
Having the same issue. Do not use chrome, have cleared cache.
Edit: have been having issues since maintainence - feed is only showing the one series.

Users who are viewing this thread