Gun-Ota ga Mahou Sekai ni Tensei shitara, Gendai Heiki de Guntai Harem wo Tsukucchaimashita!?

No idea why this thing getting so much hate -.- I honestly think its pretty great, besides the slightly off body proportions, it's quite good imo

@BraveHeartedHero I'm fairly certain he did go B I G P E D O. He has the mental age of an adult as shown by the fact that he was a factory worker pre-Isekai (yup, it was an isekai in case anyone forgot and thought it couldn't get any more generic) and if we're not going purely by physical age, when he gets his disgusting harem of
his sister but-not-related-by-blood and the mute loli vampire with gun
he has the mind of like a 30-40 year old man shoved into the body of a child.
He has the mind of a GROWN-ASS ADULT but he's still sexually attracted towards what are effectively CHILDREN.
That is the B I G P E D O in my books.

Like he's (mentally) an adult, you would think that even he was attracted to them he would at least have the willpower to wait until they were more mature (but hey in Japan the legal age is way lower than say in the US so take that as you will)

Ok, I'm just going to use this space here to vent. There's probably going to be a lot so I'll collapse it under a spoiler tag.
Ok where do I even start with this heaping pile of garbage. I guess I'll start with a brief description of my history with this thing. Back when I used to use Manga Rock for reading, I went through a list of isekai manga and just started to read all of them. ALL OF THEM. Among them were several that I enjoyed and through this I got a super high exposure of the stereotypical isekai in 2018. However, then I came across this thing. It was unenjoyable, dry, and obviously trashy to me but I kept reading out of an obligation to finish the damn thing and forget it forever. I couldn't because I stopped reading after the main character bedded two children. After a while, say ~1 year, I returned to this and what do you know it hadn't gotten any better. I thought I could just rate it at like a 3 or 4 and leave forever but when I saw that a significant portion had actually voted this as a ten, I immediately voted a 1 just to try to balance it out. I was so upset that people would rate it so highly (under the assumption that these are un ironic) that I had to go into the comments to say my thoughts as a warning to newer readers and just to get this off my chest. you can find them down below. However, during the first comment I believe that my review was relatively tame compared to what I actually thought. My second is more unrestrained. Now, with my third comment I'm just going to complain my heart out and b*tch all I want. (yes I know this is an immature response and that my time would be better spent doing something else. If you're going to judge me for this then why the hell did you even click on the spoiler tag? wouldn't your time be better spent than judging others on the internet as well?)
Disclaimer: I haven't read all of it yet and I NEVER PLAN TO. This is based on what happens up until the mentally 30 year old man child screws a minor and a loli.

Part 1) THE ART IS BAD and it's immediately noticeable. Like imagine the typical moe art style except the features are even more exaggerated, there are only like 5 facial expressions which the artist can draw, more than half the characters have same-face-syndrome and I'm convinced that the artist cannot draw people from the side. Like the author frames this as a semi-serious fantasy with guns and stuff but the art style the artist goes for is way too cutesy. The mouths are way too large, they look like they could swallow oranges whole like a snake would a bird's egg. Their eyes are almost as big as the palms of their hands. Also, despite the size of the eyes, the characters are incredibly unexpressive and look like dead fish half the time. There is no subtlety in their faces. They are either neutral, laughing, shocked, angry, or confident. That's it. There's nothing in between. Perhaps the artist DID use other expressions but even if he did, it was so forgettable that I honestly can't say if they're there. Oddly enough the non-human SIDE CHARACTERS have way better art than the MAIN CHARACTER. The werewolf for example looks half decent (though compare it to the best people from literally any other fantasy manga and it looks like garbo). Composition in panels looks stiff, lifeless, and boring. Much like many chinese manhua, it suffers from this lifelessness but at least in those, the artists make an effort to use differing perspective other than just the front and side and they use color. The proportions are bad. The character designs are unoriginal. you get the idea.

Part 2) ORIGINALITY is dead. Ok so this is an isekai right? In this hyper oversaturated isekai landscape, what does it do to differentiate itself from the others? Oh! what's that? Absolutely nothing? It's just a generic idea of an overpowered protagonist because "guns in a fantasy world" and it doesn't even handle it well outside of "look at this new gun, it's so strong and shooty". Like this isekai ticks off all the marks of a generic isekai fantasy story. Killed and reborn/remembered memories in a fantasy world? check. Guns? check. Generic Black haired Protag? check. The person sucked in the real world but now that he's in the new one he so coooool and strong and everybody wants his d*ck? check. Harem? check. Sister love interest? check. Loli vampire? Check. Magic academy? check. The list goes on and on and on. This thing is bog standard, which would be bearable if the art was goo- OH WAIT, IT LOOKS LIKE ASS!
note: yes many other isekai are also generic when overlooking the art, but at least reading it doesn't require you to bleach your eyes afterwards.

Part 3) THE CHARACTERS are generally unlikable/ trite.
Part 4) THE WRITING is bad and uncreative.
Part 5) THE PLOT - does it even exist?
Part 6) PERSONAL GRIPES which only I care about more times than not
I will add the rest in the future, for now I need to sleep and collect my thoughts.
also @SW4413 no, it really isn't. Go read other manga I swear they will be a better use of your time. Like Mob Psycho has wonky art but people love it all the same because it has good story telling. This does not. Like WTF is with the stupid magic metal that just happens to become whatever the MC want's it to be. I'll tell you what, a stupid contrived way for the MC to have guns in a fantasy world because "wow guns are so coooooool". The magic metal never comes up anywhere else as far as I can tell as far as the world goes and is just a stupid excuse to get the mc a gun.
also also @daviidcou you are not alone. I second your opinion.

Double-page supporter
Dropped this at chapter 36. I can't even hate read this garbage.
Without picking through the art or story, just the selection of guns alone, the MC is a total tool.
It's like the author found one magazine on gun collectors, ran with it, hit a road block, looked at WWII iconic guns and ran with that.
Hell! Magic metal isekai makes machinist background possible to make ANY GUN from memory and he chooses a snubnosed revolver, an outdated but okay-is assault rifle, the most marskman/sniper riffle, a frikin rocket grenade and another outdated design for a heavy machine gun. Isn't the point of the isekai - fantasy element to allow the inner Otaku to experiment making fantasy guns and not copy paste generic gun into a fantasy world?
Like make Hellboy's revolver with special munitions. Or a machine pistol to make for more compact fighting. Killing human sized monsters could be solved by making magic payloads in 9mm rounds. For bigger friks, all he needs is a 50cal with special munitions, no need to make a panzerfaust that has less than a fifth of the range and reload speed.
A damn shame to Gun otakus everywhere. Damn gun normie.

The people... still bitching about age and that crap in this kind of fantasy world setting... where characters live more that hundreds of years... and 4241323 different races with different lifespawn exists... it's retarded... at best.

If some 123 y/o guy *lewds* a girl of 18 y/o, (let's not forget that most of this stories are from a medieval point of view, so the age where you're considered an adult is even lower) is that pedophilia? because you know, he's older that her for like 100 years... if you say no (fuk, even if you say "yes"), you recognize that the body age is a cultural thing, per ende not necessarily bad, just not accepted by the people... right now.

Now, in some cases the MC is from the future, at least his mind but not body... so, the MC is now young but also thinks like an adult... is that pedophilia?

''He likes a girl of 10 years when he was 123 years old before'', so what, he's NOW also 10 years old!... in this NEEEEEWw life he should only get hard watching 123 y/o fmales?!

''But he THINKS like an adult, body age isn't important'', now, What if some guy falls for some Aho Girl of his body age but clearly not same mind age? it's that guy a pedo? what if some girl (no time travel or shit, normal girl) is more mentally mature and want to do the play with someone...? what we do now???

Please, don't bring IRL values to fantasy worlds... because it's retarded and only serves to mind fuck you.

The art is so horrible is not even funny. The proportions are all over the place, this author has no idea what perspective is, and he even had the audacity to copy and paste the same shoddy pose for the bunny girl character in chapter 2 multiple times. This is lazy and uninspired. Hard pass.

j'aime pas du tout ce style.
il est dans un monde fantastique, il découvre la magie mais utilise des arme.
ridicule !
il y a une femme, elle lui plais et lui aussi mais cherche plein de prétexte bidon pour rien faire.
encore plus ridicule !
plein de situation plus clicher les une que les autre, si c bien fais ca pose pas de problème.
mais là sérieux c juste ridicule !

@Meltharn

That's not a very good argument.

On the topic of body age, we have animals in our world that have different body ages. Everyone is familiar with the fact that we don't treat a 4-year-old child as being the same maturity as a 4-year-old dog. Why would the same concept for fantasy races be so much harder?

On the issue of being 123 in a 10-year-old body lewding 10-year-old: This comes down to maturity. Age is only a rough meter for maturity. Another I've heard is going by life periods (elementary, middle, high school , college, working life, middle age, retirement, etc.). A 123-year-old in a 10-year-old body is pretty nasty for lewding 10-year-olds as he has a way higher maturity level. It's why there are laws against that. Similarly there are laws against sleeping with developmentally challenged people for the same reason. If we were to go by body age, then a person that has a developmental issue that sees his body not develop, be allowed to date children, and of course that is not the case.

Double-page supporter
If you can get passed the awful art and lack of story/confusing story maybe you can just enjoy An Isekai with Guns. Unfortunately I can’t so will be dropping this one.

BUAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHQQHAHHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAAAAAA
HILARIOUS

Fed-Kun's army
I like guns. I like cute anime girls. I love cute anime girls with guns, and I ESPECIALLY love cute anime girls with guns in a series revolving around those. Given a hefty side of "these newfangled deadly contraptions are foreign to our world and BTFO anything we try to use against it" and I should adore this series. So why don't I?

The story is bad, putting it mildly. It's predictable, uninteresting, has some of the WORST cringy dialogue I've ever read (to a point where the dialogue can't even be funny bad), the story is all over the place in terms of pacing, and it takes itself WAY too seriously. I'd rather subject myself to SAO in its entirety than this.

The art also doesn't do it any favors. It's passable in some places, but just plain bad in most others. Aside from a couple key moments, it just doesn't look good. Even the guns, one of the key parts of the series, don't look great after a while, especially when they're constantly put out of frame, hidden behind an ink splotch that's supposed to be a muzzle flash (after the characters spray randomly and somehow kill everything in a single frame of action), or look like they were lazily pasted in as an afterthought.

The characters are bland and stale archetypes. Poorly written cardboard cutouts that aren't interesting in the slightest. I can't even bring myself to like any of the girls for being cute, since they've got nothing really going for them. Maybe the demon girl, but she's only a little cute and had a good moment with her sniper, but she's been irrelevant to the story since that arc concluded, and it wasn't even a GOOD arc to begin with.

Honestly? If you're here because you're looking for the things I mentioned in the first paragraph? Save yourself the trouble and look somewhere else, cuz this ain't it. I tried to stick with it, but it's just unbearable.

Contributor
LMAO did his neck get not get isekai'd with the rest of his body or something?!

15946.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread