Hagure Idol Jigokuhen - Vol. 4 Ch. 23 - Love Affair

Aggregator gang
I was wondering when the dqrk would approuch the girls. Thabks for your work!

Dex-chan lover
Misora ​​is a hot young girl with a great personality, but not a single guy has even tried to flirt with her or invite her on a date? Judging by the blackmail chapter, most fans are well aware that their public couple with Akira was a business yuri, but men (at least good ones) continue to ignore her, while even the most ordinary girls have a lot of sex as with their own boyfriends and with random asshole as well. Not to mention that Akira is literally the ONLY ONE lesbian or bisexual girl who even trying to start a relationship with her. Why?

Anyway, thanks for the chapter! You are punctual as usual.

@vTool This is just the beginning.

Man, I think I might drop this. It’s always been dark but now it feels a little more real and I guess more dissociation inducing. Thanks for the TL though.

Dex-chan lover
@WAustinJH It all depends on what you think is too dark. I do not think that this manga can be called too dark, the only question is whether you think some topics are too problematic.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah sex work is fun and exciting until sometimes it's not. Play safe kids and make sure you talk about everything you plan to do in a scene before you start one. Also YOOOOO wear a condom. Shit protects more than pregnancy lol

Fed-Kun's army
Hey it's fine as long as he's paying I guess.

Though he probably should have told her a bit more about what he wanted to do beforehand

Group Leader
@WAustinJH My official stance as the translator is that you should drop it for the moment, and maybe come back in three months or so. The manga will get back to that fun, campy tone eventually, but this current arc will go to some dark, upsetting places. Your mental health is more important than this weird smutty manga! I hope you take care.

The "messed up" part is pretty short as far as I can remember (about 5 chapters). After that it indeed goes back to a more chill series for the rest of the raws I've read (chapter 63).
Don't translate if you don't feel like it, you don't owe anybody anything after all.
For those who would like to know how dark this arc goes, it goes as far as snuff movies territory, so pretty hard.
You should skip some chapters if you feel uncomfortable.

Dex-chan lover
@Nielzsen
What about blackmail and rape filed in the form of a black comedy and a “study of your lesbian experience”, or a sharp jump in the gore during the championship arc?
This is clearly far from the chill, although quite commonly within the boundaries of this manga.

Is hitting people even a fetish? I mean, like beating them bloody with your fists. Unless your partner is a huge M, (and asks you to) I don't think beating the shit out of someone during
sex is ok.

Dex-chan lover
I always forget about something of this author, and then it hits me like shit, what is this mangaka smoking?

Dex-chan lover
@KreamPunk I think he likes not so much to beat her, how much to see her painful reaction. The criticism of this seems extremely strange or even hypocritical in the context of how Rui-sensei likes to portray violence, but nonetheless, many men do have such a fetish. For example, the mangaka Samura Hiroaki (author of https://mangadex.org/title/5526/blade-of-the-immortal) is widely known for this, as well as by number of comments about the inadmissibility of repeating this in real life.

@VF89 I would say that the smut manga market is full of sex + violence works, but his plots always have some strange oppressive absurdity. Up to outright trolling. Honestly, I always wanted to read the translation of his afterwords.

@SuperOniichan
"Chill" was obviously refering to the context of the rest of this manga, with common provocative content and violence.
I am pretty sure most peoples will be "used" to mindless brutality from the championship arc, and will wash away the rape from the lesbian scenes "just because it's not violent" or "because it's homosexual sex". One of these (if not both) reasons pops up often to justify this kind of thing.
However, the darkest topics like blackmail, snuff, etc.. are far less common, which in my opinion makes it harder to read for uninitiated peoples.

From my point of view the whole point of this manga is just to provoke and create a reaction from readers, I don't read that much into it. Maybe the author wants to show the darker parts of the show-business industry, but he surely lack subtlety. >.>

Dex-chan lover
@Nielzsen
Oh, as I see, I am not the first person who began to feel that the author uses loopholes of "non violent" and "not with another male" as loopholes for problematic content. Especially when the author’s attitude towards harassment and the seriousness of sex changes depending on the chapter. Honestly, I would not be so sensitive to this myself if the premise did not initially give us Misora ​​as a serious and kind person with sufficient strength to protect herself from the world of horny perverts. It really had great potential in the beginning, but at some point Misora ​​just got sick with a typical pantsu fighter MC disease and it all came down to jokes about how horny she was.
In the end, he destroy even the yuri subplot, as one of the girls directly seduces Misora ​​with the argument "sex is not love, it’s normal to do it to relax." It’s hard for me to imagine a situation where the girl will NTR-ed MC with another guy because she is too horny and this will be shown as justified.

You want to say that all the problematic and seemingly deliberate stupidity of this manga really intentional and tries to cause So Bad, that is Good reaction? Well, I like to joke that the main message of this manga is "girls, don't be afraid of sex, otherwise you will become a horny bisexual sex-addict", but the author seems to be deliberately trying to convince me of this in all seriousness.

Users who are viewing this thread