Hagure Idol Jigokuhen - Vol. 7 Ch. 49 - Dead Set

Dex-chan lover
Much preferred a detailed fan TL than an officially "LoCaLizEd" content. Who knows how much content will they change/botch.

Dex-chan lover
Just here to say that Luna is best girl indeed. Would be tough to get another poll and having to choose for Luna and Chae Yoon-Hee though. In any case, thanks a whole fucking bunch for translating this, never expected to get so into it considering how the series started kek.

Much love and thanks for keeping the TL even with it being serialized, your work is amazing <3

I have 300 hours in XC2 and still don't have all the blades :( I gave up because I didn't want to keep farming. RIP no Kos-Mos... maybe I'll go back one day....

Dex-chan lover
@Ironclad First, Blade is a half-vampire who fights with his vampire essence throughout the plot. Secondly, you literally repeated my words. Misora gravure idol who has been fighting against becoming an ADULT idol for much of its history. What do you disagree with?

@chusetto @Xari Lol, and after that people will say that they do not idealize or justify the toxic characters in the yuri. She's literally the female version (however, almost like Akira herself) of the male bastards Misora beat up in the early volumes. I would even say more, but I do not want to spoil the later volumes

Dex-chan lover
@chusetto Your business, dude. I just find it amusing to think about how much your or Rui's attitude towards her would change if she were a man.

Dex-chan lover
@The5thSeraph You think it was a bad chapter where the lesbian NTR was justified, but you liked the chapter where Luna and Akira just fucked Misora after arguing over her as a thing? Lol.

@Alice_is_lost Seriously. I've never seen a manga before that was so blatantly inconsistent lol.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
You going to just twist things to suit your purposes? Can't you read? Liking a single good scene in a bad chapter is obviously not the same as liking the chapter. Don't misrepresent my position again. I do NOT forgive people making shit up and attributing it to me in place of my actual opinion.

Anyway, that point where you said the lesbian NTR was justified... I've no idea which scene you're even referring to, as I only recall one lesbian NTR scene I commented on before and it wasn't justified. The threesome scene this time around was funny though, and nothing was wrong with it. Nothing wrong whatsoever. Yet you're making it sound as though Misora was raped, as opposed to the completely consensual scene that played out.

Dex-chan lover
@The5thSeraph You accuse me of distorting your words, but at the same time, you literally attack me because I read your comment differently than you intended, lol. Wasn't it justified? Lol, watch literally the next chapter, when Misora ​​could have been a victim of straight NTR and how it was handled by the author or Akira (Not to mention the first scene with Luna or continuing of this subplot in chapter 50). You speak as if people can read minds and any other reading of your words or disagreement with them can only be a deliberate distortion in order to attack you. Are you a Twitter teen girl or what?

Is someone talking about rape? Oh, you twist my words, why can't you just read what I write (c). Nobody talks about rape. The point is that the development of the plot for the threesome was done as if Misora ​​was for them a thing about which they argued and eventually decided to fuck her together. And this isn't even the first time Misora ​​has become a passive target for characters who want to satisfy their lust with her. Unless they're men, of course, lol. Despite the fact that the similar threesome with Beruko was more or less well handled, the scene with Misora ​​would literally become extremely toxic if Akira and Luna were men. I can even imagine how people would complain about "male Akira", claiming what an abuser he is and how ready to give his girlfriend to another man, as if his partner is his property, lol.

The problematic scene doesn't stop being that if you just add formal consent. Not to mention,
when this scene is remembered in future chapters, Misora will obviously be uncomfortable with it

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
Before I go any further, why are you splicing "lol" in all over the place? I'd bet actual money you aren't laughing, so what exactly is it supposed to indicate? Or is it like some awkward form of Tourettes where you have to keep saying "lol" after every other sentence? Or are you just some kid doing it because you regard it as trendy?
And no, I don't "literally" attack you. I'm not in the same room as you. I am not enacting violence upon your person. I'm not in any position to attack you anything like literally. So don't abuse that word either, especially since the problem is that you're not reading what I'm writing literally. I generally mean what I say, no more and no less. It isn't complicated unless you're accustomed to playing mad-libs with everything you read.

Is someone talking about rape? Oh, you twist my words, why can't you just read what I write
Like I quite explicitly said, you made it sound as though she was raped. The phrasing of that entire sentence was deliberate. Not just that one word. You have claimed they fucked her and treated her like an object. There is no point complaining about not using the word "rape" when what you described is still rape. And yet that isn't what happened in the scene.

Unless they're men, of course, lol.
I don't expect that watching an MMF would appeal to the reader base. It wouldn't make any difference whatsoever regarding matters of consent and personal agency though. Regardless of how they spoke about the protagonist, there was absolutely no indication that she wasn't a full participant in the events that followed.

The problematic scene doesn't stop being that if you just add formal consent.
The scene doesn't become problematic just because you decide it is so. Only the participants get to decide that.

Dex-chan lover
@The5thSeraph I love how you continue to literally attack me. while screaming "I DON'T ATTACK YOU! 11" lol.

Earlier you accused me of distorting your words, but now you are literally trying to convince me of what I wanted to say and how it should be taken. No, rape and abusive behavior are not always the same. I understand that now you are trying to use the scarecrow trick, since rape was obviously not in this chapter, but no, it does not work that way.

Once again, formal consent does not mean that the scene wasn't problematic. And no matter how many times you say "this is just your opinion," my opinion will not lose its right to exist because of this. So if Akira was beating her and Misora totally agreed to that, thinking it was okay for a relationship, wouldn't that be problematic either? Okay. Moreover, even you yourself admit that this will not work with MMF, since the audience will negatively perceive the behavior of the characters, even with, again, formal consent.

Users who are viewing this thread