Hagure Idol Jigokuhen - Vol. 8 Ch. 54 - Dead or Alive

Dex-chan lover
It took us so long to get to the beginning of the chapters without much lewd content that I can't even believe it and I feel awkward. So I'll pretend that the incoherence between of the cover with the unusually chubby Akira and the content of the chapter was a very big deal and I can "non-ironically" complain about it, lol.

Joking aside, it was a pretty good start. Rui has always shown that drawing action games with martial arts is his forte, if not his strongest. Thanks for the chapter!

P.S. Handwork versus footwork, uh, my favorite. Classic fighting trope.

Dex-chan lover
That fighting arc is weirdly interesting, my only problem is that the match's outcome here was a foregone conclusion since we never heard of the other girl before.

Also I don't understand the bitch's comment, does she mean that if the other girl had been more 'brutal' and aimed for the knee like she could have, she would have won?

Question for the enlightened.

In a real life fight, let's say MMA/kickboxing since the Hagure tourney has next to no rules and is a mashup of very different styles, if someone pulled a move like what Catherine did (low sweep kick aimed at the opponent's knee with clear intent to cause severe injury), would that count as a serious foul and result in sanctions regardless if the blow hits or not?

Asking because I know soccer players can be sanctioned (or even sent off) in case they pull moves or tackles that COULD seriously injure, but don't (because they miss, or because the intended target dodges, and so on).

Dex-chan lover
@pihip If it was a very traumatic move and the fighter had an obvious intention to injure their opponent, then yep.

Double-page supporter
The bamboozler got bamboozled! That was so funny.
hQgrKKX.png

Thanks for the translation!

The art and dynamics of the moves are amazing in this chapter! Rui is really stepping up his game!

Also, it is funny how most martial arts and fighting sports have rules and fixed moves because, you know, less people get injured or die that way.

And then there's Krav Maga's and all the military school's of combat, where it is all about incapacitating your opponent as quickly as possible. Makes you really think if these can still be classified as 'martial art' or 'sport'.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the translation.
Love a mangaka that can draw great ecchi/smut, but also genuinely good fight scenes

Dex-chan lover
@CuJoJo I would say he is a mangaka who being a great action writer, also was able to do good ecchi / smut too. All the same, one should not forget that initially he is the author who draws good fighting, not just a capable author of hentai manga.

Dex-chan lover
@BalrogDeMorgoth if you look carefully on pg22. the boxer brings one of her knees up to trap the french girl's leg. Its a very slick way of blocking off the opponents movement and controlling the fighting distance. If the boxer didn't do that the next kick would have likley been to the knee and the result shown.

Holy shit this series is so good, came for the big PP then stayed for the plot with a tinkle of PP energy.

Users who are viewing this thread