Haite Kudasai, Takamine-san - Vol. 4 Ch. 20 - Let Me Give You Some Advice

Dex-chan lover
Ah fuck the author. I want the MC to get with someone else, not with that dirty "false rape allegation is okay" bitch.

I don't know why "some"people are saying this was forced yuri. This is honestly a realistic turn of events considering the way the childhood friend is. And, honestly, I'm just really tired of the common "childhood friend who's secretly in love with protag" trope. It's overdone, bland, and boring to experience for the hundredth time. Honestly, this event actually had a pretty wholesome ending, considering the events that have taken place beforehand, and Prez realizes she was being a pretentious, suspicious bitch. That's character development if I've ever seen it lol

Double-page supporter
Ah yes I love this.. One male and One female..

Contributor
I thought the love triangle would lead to something actually akin to character growth because it would force Takamine to reevaluate how she treated her crush. Plus it would have made for karma for all the times she mentioned being into NTR.

Also is it just me or has the whole plot point of Takamine using her underwear to groundhog day everything basically vanished?

We’ve gotten past the first few chapters where everything was unique, and now we’re back to our generic romcom shenanigans. But people will keep reading because of the fanservice.

Dex-chan lover
I already knew that the childhood friend wasn't in love with the dude but the unexpected Yuri caught me off guard. Kudos to you, author

I knew what was going to happen in this chapter, it was obvious that any female character that appeared would be better than the FMC, and the author had to sink that ship instantly, let's be honest, the fmc is not a wonder in front of the protagonist, in the First chapter was basically going to send him to jail if he was not his slave, and the easiest way was a relationship with a random girl to eliminate all hope being yuri the best to do it.

Any character that is a woman if she treats the protagonist well even if she has the appearance of Big Mom would be better than the fmc, because the manga is about those two characters, it is sad but the fmc will never have competition is like nagatoro or takagi the secondary characters only They will be so that they fall in love with her and the protagonist is designed so that he always has the chance to always lose and can only have a relationship with the fmc

it's only me or not that this kind of serious lesbo kinda put me off? i mean like those three act like it is perfectly normal, i prefer some shyness or whatever i don't care anymore

Dex-chan lover
@Graywing

It was foreshadowed a bit, but most of the hints were really vague (Like that she went to an all-girl's Middle School, she said she was happy to be complimented by Takamine, who was a beauty, she's comfortable not wearing a bra around men, and taking off her shirt around MC, etc.) but those are all circumstantial. Honestly I'd assume it's more likely she's bi because she does hit on MC and tease him about being handsome, say that she wasn't bothered about the boy-girl thing SPECIFICALLY with MC and that she doesn't mind as long as it's him and that she shouldn't lick his neck because he's a boy. Most of the hints are contradicted by other dialogue or events which makes the whole message kinda muddled. (Her actions definitely make it seem like she's lying about having just a friendship with MC because even the closest of friends don't lick one another on the neck, get all touchy-feely with one another, etc., though that may be because of the all-girl's middle school.)

I think this falls more into my general criticism about Japanese works depicting homosexuality as less of innate thing and more of something that happens due to exposure and environmental factors for the sake of fanservice. If I were to guess, the reason she's in a relationship with a girl is due to being an amateur model and them not being allowed to be in relationships with men, along with her lack of exposure to men leading to a bias in favor of women, which I don't think is an accurate assessment of how people find out they're lesbians.

@Castafiore

Bruh just let lesbians exist??? Also, you say that like people wouldn't be fed up with the childhood friend cliché if they did that

I do just let lesbians exist, but these character don't exist. (Not in reality, anyway) They're fictional, and so my criticism comes from a writing/narrative perspective.

I do think this relationship was handled better than most other manga, but it doesn't excuse the seemingly contradictory way this character behaves, which just seems not to work if she is already in a relationship with a jealous individual whilst at the same time doing all these things to her "childhood friend."

Also, for a while, I have been asking for this kind of arc where another character gets into a relationship with MC because, at that point, Takamine had basically blackmailed him into being her manservant via a false rape accusation, leading to a moment of introspection of how Takamine treated MC and how she would change her behavior for the future. I don't complain about childhood friends, so don't pin that position onto me. The result of this arc is unsatisfying because it doesn't lead to any character growth or change and felt like a big waste of time apart from the revelation that MC had a childhood friend and that Takamine can get jealous. I don't feel much was accomplished now, and it felt like the author was building up to something better than a big "PSYCH!"

Aggregator gang
LMAOOOOO author wimped out. they knew that literally any new female character would be significantly better than the titular FMC.

(this is a joke)

Contributor
@koezh

You’re complaining... that everybody finds a same-sex relationship normal?

Users who are viewing this thread