Handyman Saitou in Another World - Vol. 1 Ch. 20 - Merrymaking in the Dwarf's Workshop

Dex-chan lover
The introduction of guns to workds without them is like the introduction of spelleds silent and instant magic to our world. There is an anime/manga/light novel (not sure about the novel) where humanity suddenly finds itself with random people being born with extremely powerful psychic abilities. The world literally goes to shot the next day. 'twould be different if only because guns have to be manufactured.
As with anything guns being a deadly weapon require discipline to use - not to wield, no a literal infant can wield a gun with enough arm and grip strength, to use without randomly and accidentally killing random people. Unfortunately too many people get the gun and don't bother with the discipline.
For the vast majority of other weapons you MUST have the discipline to use the weapon to wield the weapon since you usually learn it along side the usage of the weapon itself.
The only thing more devastating than a pistol, rifle, shotgun, sub, full machine gun, that we currently have, would be explosives... But the idiot wielding that would be as likely to kill themselves as anyone else within the explosives radius...

For the record I am not against guns, I am against people who don't have the patience, or mental capacity to become disciplined in using guns, having guns.

Dex-chan lover
Problem is only MC knows what it is and only he have it, a few people will see it up close, and maybe a small number of people will see it in action by chance. It can't change the world with such limited exposure. People in a world without guns won't see a strange metal barrel and go, "OMG, dat be next generation super weapon!11!!". More likely, they'd just sell the weird piece of junk or melt it down for the metal. Also, the fact that magic is commonplace will further bury the issue, it'll look just like a guy with a wand shot some magic.

In our world, it took centuries of mass usage and development (of gun technology, gunpowder refinement and battlefield tactics) by multiple countries to finally reach mass adoption in the renaissance era. MC's single gun that only he knows of isn't going to change shit.

I know that this has probably been said, but I don't want to Wade through all the wall texts.
The introduction of gunpowder was a great benefit for humanity. It made it next to impossible for the ruling class to keep up the myth about their Superiority to the lower classes and ushered in the modern world. Basically he's keeping that world locked in a feudal system where the average lifespan was 35.
Modern Japanese ideas on warfare are extremely stilted and unrealistic, for obvious reasons...

Dex-chan lover
I like the discussion here in the comments section

I feel retarded in comparison lol

Dex-chan lover
@IMACOP more like the blacksmith will try to make multiple of them for fun then the butterfly effect happens. And your name will be the one who killed more ppl by making this weapon

Steam engine. He needs to make a steam engine, not a gun. That would lead to trains and mass transit, etc. Also can be used in mining and other construction projects.

Supporter
I didn't notice the fairy slumped over the bald guy's head until the second time it was shown

Users who are viewing this thread