Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 2

Oh don't fucking kid yourself, the shit being said about her when we're only on chapter 2 I might add is genuinely vile. We know next to nothing about their situation, or how the mother was before they broke up, and cannot make any draws about who she is as a person, and yet others have jumped immediately to calling her "whore, slut" and claiming she's taking advantage of the MC.
We know they broke up, she hasn't spoken to him in 17 years, she didn't so much as try to contact him before showing up at his door so he'll pay for her and her daughter, she wasn't welcome at his home at all, to the point where he threatened to call the police...

We have plenty of info so far. She's selfish, and manipulative, at the very least. It's weird how you're simping for a fictional single mother.

Nah dude, you just have issues. Someone you knew in the past showing up and asking you for help in an extreme situation is not the same as this fantasy you have where she intends to do nothing but leech off him and manipulate him from the start. You lot made that up on your own to justify your misogyny. :kek:
Sounds like you're a prime target for this racket. I hope you die without experiencing it.
Not to mention, if the daughter turns out to be his, that makes it 10x worse. What do you mean we had a child that I didn't know about because you ghosted me?? I'm still going to follow it because it's already a hot mess.
Rest assured, the daughter was apparently born years after they stopped seeing each other. She just decided to take her daughter to an old ex boyfriend's house with no apparent way of repaying him. Cough cough. Suggestive Cough.

No red flags here.

If I would have old buddy or ex gf from 15 or 20 y ago like​

Erik, InsertB or AppelJo in the comments above I would kick them of my house and tell them to get a life. It's the same situation in this manga. If sane ppl would come across this kind of situation In real life, then they would just send her/him off. Only sane ppl would do that who know that if they will "help" a "friend" or gf/bf from 20y ago, then their furniture will be gone in the next morning.
The only ones who would help in this situation are simps. Face it. The only reason this doesn't blow up in his face catastrophically is because this is manga, and somehow even the worst monster is redeemable with just a sad backstory or some shit.

Dex-chan lover

Erik, InsertB or AppelJo in the comments above I would kick them of my house and tell them to get a life. It's the same situation in this manga. If sane ppl would come across this kind of situation In real life, then they would just send her/him off. Only sane ppl would do that who know that if they will "help" a "friend" or gf/bf from 20y ago, then their furniture will be gone in the next morning.

Some people are defending this crap like their lives depend on it. Meanwhile people with eyes and a fuctional brain can see this manga has a f*cked up premise and just by pointing it out these mfs jump on others calling laughable stuff like "incel" "misogynistic" etc.

Because saying this wonan who abandoned this guy for 17 years without knowing what was of her (Because no, they didn't keep in touch, didn't decide to break up or take their own separate ways like some of the people you mentioned CLAIM) then appearing with a 10 to 13yo girl is someone we shouldn't touch.

Of course people have the right to criticize or at the very least question some things here.

Double-page supporter
We know they broke up, she hasn't spoken to him in 17 years, she didn't so much as try to contact him before showing up at his door so he'll pay for her and her daughter, she wasn't welcome at his home at all, to the point where he threatened to call the police...

We have plenty of info so far. She's selfish, and manipulative, at the very least. It's weird how you're simping for a fictional single mother.
My brother in christ, you literally made the "she's selfish and manipulative" part up. We don't know that she's either of those things, and we have no way of knowing either, because it's only been two chapters. Most high school relationships go poorly, and people walk different paths in life. I have a number of people from high school that I was friends with and not talked to in years, and I'd still help them if they needed it and it was within my means.

If she ends up being manipulative in later chapters then sure, I'll accept I was wrong, but you're applying character traits that we can't see or have reason to believe yet.

I'm sorry that you're miserable enough to genuinely believe this.

Some people are defending this crap like their lives depend on it. Meanwhile people with eyes and a fuctional brain can see this manga has a f*cked up premise and just by pointing it out these mfs jump on others calling laughable stuff like "incel" "misogynistic" etc.

Because saying this wonan who abandoned this guy for 17 years without knowing what was of her (Because no, they didn't keep in touch, didn't decide to break up or take their own separate ways like some of the people you mentioned CLAIM) then appearing with a 10 to 13yo girl is someone we shouldn't touch.

Of course people have the right to criticize or at the very least question some things here.
You're free to question the situation, I've already questioned it because there definitely aren't parts that add up, just don't be a fucking twit about it.

This series is one big red flag. The mother hasn't seen him in 17 years and suddenly shows up with her daughter to this man's house, whom might not be on good terms with her. What if he was married or in a relationship?? What if he acted sketchy around the daughter? This mother seems an abysmal parent.

Not to mention, if the daughter turns out to be his, that makes it 10x worse. What do you mean we had a child that I didn't know about because you ghosted me?? I'm still going to follow it because it's already a hot mess.
It's definitely strange that she appeared without trying to contact him ahead of time and just kind of... waltzed into his backyard. I've had that happen to me before, and it's definitely not pleasant to have someone just show up like that, friend or not, his defensiveness is justified. She definitely seems to be lacking in the parental skills department, shown through her airheadedness, which is definitely a red flag given the fact the kid is blatantly a teenager and she should've improved at this point. It almost feels like the kid is parenting themselves sometimes.

As for the kid being his, I don't think so. As others have pointed out, she's just too young for it to be possible unless she entered school late, which is doubtful and creating plot points that don't exist.

My brother in christ, you literally made the "she's selfish and manipulative" part up.
If you don't consider showing up at an ex's door unannounced after 17 years of no contact to try to strong arm him into putting you and your daughter up "selfish and manipulative"... you don't have a working definition for the terms, and we can't have a reasonable discussion.

Dex-chan lover

What people are taking issue with isn't criticizing the story, it's making assumptions about their past and thinly veiled misogynistic comments about a character who has had no real chance to show who she is or why things happened. We don't know ANYTHING about their past, why they broke up, how it went, how long they had broken up before dropping contact, nothing. ANY assumption about that period of their life is just that, an assumption.

What we DO know is that she believed he would help her and he agreed. We know that he accepted her reasoning in a conversation and the story hasn't or doesn't intend to extrapolate on that conversation. The ONLY logical assumptions you can make with this is that she has a good enough reason to convince the guy whose first response to her was "I'll let you explain before I call the cops" to let her stay and that their past relationship was not bad. The story does not have to tell you these things directly for a rational person to understand that this slice of life manga is not going to have the FMC be a piece of shit nor dwell long on the subject.

Lastly, all those comments about how she's taking advantage of him? How she's a slut for having a kid? How he should throw her out for "leaving him"? All of those are misogynistic. They all base on concepts that are misogynistic. That women should be "pure", that it must be her fault they broke up, that she doesn't "give him something in return" which we all know is incel talk for fucking him, etc.

And just to end with it:
this wonan who abandoned this guy for 17 years
Totally not you assuming fault lies in the woman without reason, I'm sure?:kek:

Lastly, all those comments about how she's taking advantage of him? How she's a slut for having a kid? How he should throw her out for "leaving him"? All of those are misogynistic. They all base on concepts that are misogynistic. That women should be "pure", that it must be her fault they broke up, that she doesn't "give him something in return" which we all know is incel talk for fucking him, etc.
Hey, cool it with the misandry.

Dex-chan lover
If you don't consider showing up at an ex's door unannounced after 17 years of no contact to try to strong arm him into putting you and your daughter up "selfish and manipulative"... you don't have a working definition for the terms, and we can't have a reasonable discussion.
In what world has she strong armed him into doing anything
We don't know ANYTHING about their past, why they broke up, how it went, how long they had broken up before dropping contact, nothing. ANY assumption about that period of their life is just that, an assumption.
We actually know from the description that he broke up with her 17 years ago while they were in college, and we also know that they haven't spoken in 17 years.

Y'all complaining but deep down you know you won't drop this coz it's been a hot minute we've got a good slice of life, much less one with a bit of spice.
I don’t know what rock you’ve been living under but we’ve gotten so much Romcoms/Sol within the last few months. Akanabe-sensei wa Tereshirazu, Futago Matomete "Kanojo" ni Shinai? and Boku no Kanojo wa Dekkawai are just a few I remember off the top of my head.

It would be incredibly weird if my high school girlfriend would suddenly call up and ask to stay at my place after not keeping touch for 17 years (I'm at a similar age so it's pretty easy to think how I'd handle it). It would definitely feel sus and made me feel if there's something she's not telling immediately (which is likely the case here too) and did she really exhaust all the options like her parents, friends or other relatives. I probably would think she's plotting to rob me.

In what world has she strong armed him into doing anything
In the one where she showed up in his backyard unannounced, luggage and daughter in tow, to sweet talk him into taking the two of them after 17 years of no contact.
We actually know from the description that he broke up with her 17 years ago while they were in college
We know they broke up. Not that he broke up with her. Very important distinction.
and we also know that they haven't spoken in 17 years.
He was also shocked that she'd greet him like they haven't seen each other in a bit despite the fact that they haven't spoken in 17 years. This implies that the lack of contact was something she wanted, rather than what he wanted.

Dex-chan lover
In the one where she showed up in his backyard unannounced, luggage and daughter in tow, to sweet talk him into taking the two of them after 17 years of no contact.
strong arming someone and sweet talking them are about as close to antonyms as you can get. she didn't threaten him, she's not blackmailing him.
He was also shocked that she'd greet him like they haven't seen each other in a bit despite the fact that they haven't spoken in 17 years. This implies that the lack of contact was something she wanted, rather than what he wanted.
It only implies that if you're so terminally cuck brained that you can't rationally engage with media anymore.

Dex-chan lover
My brother in christ, you literally made the "she's selfish and manipulative" part up. We don't know that she's either of those things, and we have no way of knowing either, because it's only been two chapters. Most high school relationships go poorly, and people walk different paths in life. I have a number of people from high school that I was friends with and not talked to in years, and I'd still help them if they needed it and it was within my means.

If she ends up being manipulative in later chapters then sure, I'll accept I was wrong, but you're applying character traits that we can't see or have reason to believe yet.

You're free to question the situation, I've already questioned it because there definitely aren't parts that add up, just don't be a fucking twit about it.

It's definitely strange that she appeared without trying to contact him ahead of time and just kind of... waltzed into his backyard. I've had that happen to me before, and it's definitely not pleasant to have someone just show up like that, friend or not, his defensiveness is justified. She definitely seems to be lacking in the parental skills department, shown through her airheadedness, which is definitely a red flag given the fact the kid is blatantly a teenager and she should've improved at this point. It almost feels like the kid is parenting themselves sometimes.

As for the kid being his, I don't think so. As others have pointed out, she's just too young for it to be possible unless she entered school late, which is doubtful and creating plot points that don't exist.

What the fuck do you even mean? By that definition every person whose opinion is opposite to yours is acting like a twit. What? If you have NO ARGUMENT against other people's opinions then just don't reply to them.

Dex-chan lover
What people are taking issue with isn't criticizing the story, it's making assumptions about their past and thinly veiled misogynistic comments about a character who has had no real chance to show who she is or why things happened. We don't know ANYTHING about their past, why they broke up, how it went, how long they had broken up before dropping contact, nothing. ANY assumption about that period of their life is just that, an assumption.

What we DO know is that she believed he would help her and he agreed. We know that he accepted her reasoning in a conversation and the story hasn't or doesn't intend to extrapolate on that conversation. The ONLY logical assumptions you can make with this is that she has a good enough reason to convince the guy whose first response to her was "I'll let you explain before I call the cops" to let her stay and that their past relationship was not bad. The story does not have to tell you these things directly for a rational person to understand that this slice of life manga is not going to have the FMC be a piece of shit nor dwell long on the subject.

And just to end with it:

You are simply assuming a whole lot here. Meanwhile we have some leads with the dialogue coming from the main character from chapter 1.

And just to end with it:

And her explanation is?

Imo that's the most crucial piece of information missing here. The reader is in its right to ask questions and have opinions about this woman.

She disappeared for 17 years, didn't contact the guy and suddenly appears with a child (someone else's child most likely). Of course people's first reaction will be:

A. Why would he help her?
B. The face of this woman.
C. She sounds like a fucking b*tch
D. Why did she left him in the first place
E. Why not send them to a hotel even if he has to pay
F. Why not call the police (some people would because it could be a scam)
G. Why is she and the daughter so ungrateful acting like they run the place
Etc etc etc

And yes people can call her sl*t, b*tch, hoe if you will. Because there is no proper justification YET as to why she did what she did and is doing right now. Doesn't mean they are misogynistic or some incels (many readers are even minors, hence or not virgin or what not that doesn't have anything to do with having a reaction or opinion to some fucking fictional story).

You assume the most positive scenario and that's cool but most people will not (me included) because that's generally not how it works.

So why not agree to disagree instead of being fucking obnoxious to each other?

Pd. Wasn't my intention to double quote lol

Last edited:
strong arming someone and sweet talking them are about as close to antonyms as you can get. she didn't threaten him, she's not blackmailing him.
I get the feeling you're not very familiar with women. This was all planned out. Her mere presence there was a pressure tactic. Everyone with a working brain (Including the people involved) knew that had she just called him, he would have said no. Because of course he would.

Even after 17 years apart, he still has a soft spot for her (Which again, suggests he wasn't the one to break up)
It only implies that if you're so terminally cuck brained that you can't rationally engage with media anymore.
If you don't have anything to respond with, you don't have to respond.
Doesn't mean they are misogynistic or some incels (many readers are even minors, hence or not virgin or what not that doesn't have anything to do with having a reaction or opinion to some fucking fictional story).
No point in engaging with textbook ad hominems. Every last person involved could specifically hate women for being women and no other reason and they'd still be right.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I get the feeling you're not very familiar with women. This was all planned out. Her mere presence there was a pressure tactic. Everyone with a working brain (Including the people involved) knew that had she just called him, he would have said no. Because of course he would.

Even after 17 years apart, he still has a soft spot for her (Which again, suggests he wasn't the one to break up)

If you don't have anything to respond with, you don't have to respond.

No point in engaging with textbook ad hominems. Every last person involved could specifically hate women for being women and no other reason and they'd still be right.
seek therapy

Supporter
No a good story lays out everything so the reader can be invested into finding out where it goes.
Well, your definition of a "good story" makes it a totally subjective point. Which is probably rather accurate but that removes any kind of strength it can have as an argument.
Reasons a reader can be invested in a story can perfectly be because a lot of informations seem to be missing and we need to wait to discover them bit by bit. Tengoku Daimakyou is definitely a manga where "everything is not laid out" for quite a long time, but that's what makes it appealing.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This manga really do be attracting the incel comments
Sadly the manga and anime community is plagued with these annoying fucker.

You: Publicly devolves into hysterics simping for a fictional single mom
Also you: "Everyone but me needs therapy".
I also suggest therapy mate. Give it a shot and you might get past your woman hate and even get laid.

Users who are viewing this thread