Harapeko Oyako to Motokare Yanushi - Ch. 6

So far it's working, this is like twitter ragebait. The more i read the next issue the more i feel wronged at something that ultimately doesn't concern me, but compels me to leave a comment to feel even slightly better about the situation i have no control over.
Remind me of that Atk 1 needle manga adaption in Jump+ app, the story was so bad that japanese ragestorm it everyweeks in the comment section that it frequent top 3 view count because people click in to hate comment it.

Since no one is saying it, the fact that the daughter was crying over the idea of the mom marrying the mc could mean that that the bio father is dead right? She probably cried over the idea of her mom "replacing" her dad, so it means that the father is out of the picture for good and maybe the father's family took the house and anything else and threw the 2 of them out?

Since no one is saying it, the fact that the daughter was crying over the idea of the mom marrying the mc could mean that that the bio father is dead right? She probably cried over the idea of her mom "replacing" her dad, so it means that the father is out of the picture for good and maybe the father's family took the house and anything else and threw the 2 of them out?
The only explanation we've gotten was actually about the housing. The apartment they were living in is under renovation or something like that, it's like one sentence in the first chapter. As for the dad, that remains a mystery

Another chapter, another situation to walk back! In chapter 5 Kyou was acting all cute and smug with a flirty "Who knows?" when asked if she had ulterior motives, so of course she has to act like a flustered teenager the day after when her daughter brings up some of the stuff she overheard (good thing she didn't overhear this specific bit, or there would have been no way to convince her with just a couple of lines). Wonderful non-drama, started and solved not only in one chapter, but basically in the span of what feels like 20 minutes.

I guess Kyou gets half a star for caring, even if it's all her fault and she didn't even manage to explain herself, relying on our stuttering, "I kinda would like to marry her (but it's a secret)" man to calm down Minori (remember: make sure to lie to your kids about things that are easy to discover, we wouldn't want them to grow trusting you too much).

I don't know what to say. These adults seem so sad. No wonder Minori is kind of moody, on top of being a teenager, she was raised by Kyou. Dating when you have kids can obviously be a delicate thing, but these characters handle it with no grace (and they aren't even dating!). It all gets swept under the rug because the author says so, and ultimately the only thing we got is that Kyou loves her daughter (well, that and we re-affirmed the fact that she seems useless in virtually all scenarios presented so far), which isn't exactly earth-shattering.

Worse still, the comments aren't as funny as for the previous chapters! We still have some gems, though.

Dex-chan lover
See guys! They just friends... he just helping her because they see each other as a friend simple isn't

Dex-chan lover
you might be right
cause it makes no sense why she got so upset otherwise

Guy with nothing going on in life suddenly gets the whole package.
That's it. It's like those stories where the protag acted like a normal person towards someone years ago and then suddenly has the hottest new girl in school interested in him, and lo and behold, that was her all those years ago.
Only this one gets a daughter too.
More like when you have nowhere to go but some guy who you never contacted for years takes you in and still likes you

Dex-chan lover
This comment section is so fuckin' insane, man. So many of you need help. This is a short fluffy comic with 6 chapters you totally insane maniacs
man maybe something's wrong with me but i like this kind of light-hearted, family-centered slice of life type manga? like sure, in real life what kyou is doing is a huge asshole move, but this isn't real life so i'm just going to enjoy watching how the relationships between the characters develop over time :nyoron: i hope they stay friends but even if they go the romance route i think i'll have a good time
There is NOTHING wrong with you.

There is literally nothing wrong with you, aside from allowing comments to convince you that what's going on here is somehow a huge asshole move instead of an unexpected benefit to both of them. Everyone who's convinced its some sort of grift and manipulation have gone out of their way to ignore that we've seen her go to work and come back. We have no reason to assume she's not helping to pay for groceries. This is a cute manga where three people are placed together due to a sudden change in circumstances.

Somehow, orcs have descended upon this comment section and have decided to spend their time being confused at the idea of 're-found friendship and re-discovered love' and 'generosity to someone in need' and 'people enjoying the company of others.' All things that normal people implicitly get and don't need to be explained to them.

I expect it to go for a romance route. They very clearly mean a lot to each other. As an artist, he has never painted portraits of anyone other than her. While the orcs here are crying SIMP BETA CUCK, human beings, with intrinsic understanding of romantic notions, can see that what that's meant to show is an eternal connection and a fated love. See, it's not that he's hung up on her and can't let go. He clearly did. They weren't living together and he hadn't talked to her in years. It's that she's his muse, someone who inspires him to greater artistic heights.

It's the kind of character beat that happens in Hallmark movies because its so obvious, expected, and easily understood. Audiences quickly get what it means, nodding along with the clear demonstration of how important someone is to someone else even if there's lots of other things going on. Yes, this handsome reclusive artist is a bit prickly and may be a little sharp-tonged, but he's only ever painted pictures of our female lead. Clearly, this means he has a deep connection to her. They also nod their heads when the female lead comes to him when she's in trouble, even though they haven't spoken in a while. "Ah," they say. "I understand. They have a deep connection that transcends space and time." And they watch as they clash and they struggle to get along and adapt to circumstances, all while rooting for them both, because they get that the things they've seen clearly mean that these two are meant to be.

Users who are viewing this thread