Hatsukoi Zombie

>Goes to a shrine that's far enough away that no normal person would go, but close enough that it's still within reasonable driving distance
>All for the sake of not having a secret spill that you're a girl
>Bump into someone that you had been trying to avoid.

Double-page supporter
DAS RITE!!!!!!!!!!

YOU DON'T GET THE DICK, CAUSE YOU MADE HIM SICK!!!!!!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
so much melodrama, wasn't ibusuki thankful a couple dozen chapters back that he could see the zombies cause it meant he remembered her, now it's turning into some weird forced drama love triangle.

@kavinh
If you're expecting consistency with a female's emotions, you haven't known many personally. The same goes especially for females in romance/drama stories. Take my advice and give up on it now, before you start losing your sanity.

Dex-chan lover
Y'know, I was interested in this series until I read the comments and discovered how stupid the story goes. Sucks too, because the characters are interesting (for the most part, except the MC, useless idiot) and the art is amazeballs.

Since this is the same author as Himegoto, I've been expecting a similar ending since the begining, but I'm still worried about it.

Dex-chan lover
@helpfulcomrade

It's not consistency with "female emotions" it's the author's writing that's the issue, it feels forced in and went from one direction to another just cause they wanted to force in some melodrama. if you compare the later chapters with the earlier ones it almost feels like a genre switch from a romcom to a teen drama.

Aggregator gang
@helpfulcomrade: Not in this case. No matter how you slice it, Eve is an anomaly. It's pretty much written in stone at this point that she's going to disappear at some point one way or another.
Her running off the way she has and her fixation on how the other First Love Zombies that disappeared in the painting and the snowglobe all point to Eve preparing for a method herself. The why is unknown, but I suspect it's because she's also becoming more and more aware that as much as she loves Tarou, his being in love with her will only screw up his life more.
Also,
Ibusuki never outright said she was planning on getting rid of Eve, only that she'll handle the problem. Remember, Ibuski also tried recruiting Eve to join her as a sister, so it's possible Ibusuki is not interested in "killing" Eve, unlike Tarou's father, but is just trying to remove Eve as a factor. Being in love with a ghost, especially at that age, is pretty messed up no matter how you look at it. Ibusuki trying to fix that is hardly selfish.
If anything, Tarou is the selfish one since he's been doing things at his own pace and is even breaking his promise to Ibusuki so he can prolong his time with Eve.

@TwilightFaze Why can't they let the guy be? Pretty sure his grandparent regretted nothing, despite being 'haunted' his whole life. And so far all the first love zombies have been treated more like magical beings than just manifestations of the mind. Especially in the case of Eve, who is sentient and perfectly able to talk and act without Tarou's knowledge. He can see her and interact with her, plus she's not a delusion or actively harmful in any other way than blocking the girls who are interested in him. She's real for him, period.
On the other hand, Ririsu wants to eliminate Eve, then leave Tarou alone out of some twisted sense of regret, and Ebino's first reaction to learning about Eve was that jealousy because she wasn't the only one there during their intimate moments. They're not acting out of concern for the MC.

Aggregator gang
@Isekaijin: Actually, I think you're on to something. Like you said, the grandparent lived a full life, BUT he also had a family. If that's the case, then it's possible Eve won't "die" but will still be around despite Tarou having a proper life and love with real people.
Unfortunately, while she's not a delusion, per se, she isn't real either. She IS a manifestation, just the only advanced one among a sea of FLZ. The fact Ibusuki was able to control her like a regular FLZ is proof enough. Tarou also has shown to have a bit of control over her too (though this only extends to what she wears now), but both Tarou and Ibusuki are against doing this anymore because they feel she's not some lifeless doll.
And no, there's no evidence that Ibusuki wants to eliminate Eve. There's evidence Tarou's dad does, but not Ibusuki. Ibusuki actually cares about Eve too, but my guess is she plans to put Eve to sleep somehow. Remember that Ibusuki views Eve like a sister, but has a complex about Eve's appearance because it's her ideal appearance. Also have to remember that Ibsusuki re-fell in love with Tarou and wants to get together with him, so leaving him out in the cold doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Ebino's was part-jealousy, sure, but it was mostly guilt since she believes she's the catalyst to Tarou's powers re-emerging (which so far, she is). In Ebino's case, she still doesn't fully understand what the FLZz are or who Eve is. Ibusuki does and while I don't doubt she wants to continue her mission of not seeing FLZs anymore, I seriously doubt she intends to deep-six Eve.

Double-page supporter
@TwilightFaze

Uhhhhhh

"Ibusuki doesn't want to kill Eve, she loves her like a sister. She probably just wants to "put her to sleep" somehow"

That's a pretty screwed up way to treat a "sister" dude.

Eve has grown and developed as a person throughout the manga and just metaphorically or literally killing her off for Tarou to get together with another girl by either "fusion"/"reincarnation as a daughter" or by making her vanish and sleep is a shit way to deal with her character arc and the story.

And I'm not even talking romance-wise. Having the story end with Eve being treated as just some glitchy magical chatbot who was never a "real" person despite everything that's happened is a shitty way to end things for her.

Users who are viewing this thread