Hazure Skill "Kage ga Usui" o Motsu Guild Shokuin ga, Jitsuha Densetsu no Ansatsusha - Vol. 5 Ch. 25 - Former Slaves Pretty Girls Unit

Dex-chan lover
am i the only one feeling this chapters is out of order somehow? i mean, it seems there was supposed to be a chapter before this one where the MC killed the slavemaster and saved the girls, but there is nothing.
Also the elf clearly have a crush on the MC, sadly we all know nothing will happen and he will never see them again :(

Dex-chan lover
am i the only one feeling this chapters is out of order somehow? i mean, it seems there was supposed to be a chapter before this one where the MC killed the slavemaster and saved the girls, but there is nothing.
Also the elf clearly have a crush on the MC, sadly we all know nothing will happen and he will never see them again :(
No, I originally felt that way, too. It took me a while to realize they intentionally skipped the cliche drama to focus on the less cliche aftermath. I'd say it was probably a good thing, as with those first couple pages we know exactly what happened and don't have to read through a plot we'll predict:

S-rank adventurer with terrified and defeated-looking slave girls enter the town, some implication of what he did to the elf girl is made, the human girl is a recent addition to the slave harem.

Enters the guild, seems charming enough, wonders if the receptionist girl has a little sister while chatting her up and managing to not creep her out.

MC sees this, doesn't like him, fuss ensues. Demon lord visits MC out of boredom, is seen by S-rank who sees what she is; figures 2 birds with one stone (get exotic beauty and hurt the MC) uses blackmail, gets murdered and buried, the slaves are freed. This chapter starts.

Then again, maybe this is someone's first manga and it would have been nice to see a fully fleshed out chapter?

Dex-chan lover
No, I originally felt that way, too. It took me a while to realize they intentionally skipped the cliche drama to focus on the less cliche aftermath. I'd say it was probably a good thing, as with those first couple pages we know exactly what happened and don't have to read through a plot we'll predict:

S-rank adventurer with terrified and defeated-looking slave girls enter the town, some implication of what he did to the elf girl is made, the human girl is a recent addition to the slave harem.

Enters the guild, seems charming enough, wonders if the receptionist girl has a little sister while chatting her up and managing to not creep her out.

MC sees this, doesn't like him, fuss ensues. Demon lord visits MC out of boredom, is seen by S-rank who sees what she is; figures 2 birds with one stone (get exotic beauty and hurt the MC) uses blackmail, gets murdered and buried, the slaves are freed. This chapter starts.

Then again, maybe this is someone's first manga and it would have been nice to see a fully fleshed out chapter?
yeah, it's just odd, i mean sure it's good to see the aftermath, but still, it felt like skipped content, and out of nowhere, after all it's not like they didn't show any violence and deaths before, also, i'm honestly missing more lewd scenes, i mean, i thought he would get an harem but he only have 2 girls and barelly does things with them recently (at least considering what was shown)

Dex-chan lover
yeah, it's just odd, i mean sure it's good to see the aftermath, but still, it felt like skipped content, and out of nowhere, after all it's not like they didn't show any violence and deaths before, also, i'm honestly missing more lewd scenes, i mean, i thought he would get an harem but he only have 2 girls and barelly does things with them recently (at least considering what was shown)
dude f*cks all over the place, only thing is he actually loves Laila, so he doesn't realize that monogamy is a thing.

But yeah, the chapter feels super weird like only having the aftermath of the slave master getting killed, afterall the guy has to be a real piece of shit or a bandit to get killed by Loran, as we have seen seen so far, he pretty much destroys them psychologically, making them unable to want to mess with him.

Dex-chan lover
dude f*cks all over the place, only thing is he actually loves Laila, so he doesn't realize that monogamy is a thing.

But yeah, the chapter feels super weird like only having the aftermath of the slave master getting killed, afterall the guy has to be a real piece of shit or a bandit to get killed by Loran, as we have seen seen so far, he pretty much destroys them psychologically, making them unable to want to mess with him.
Yeah, it's odd, but ohh well, it happens i guess, i wonder if he will love other girls

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, it's odd, but ohh well, it happens i guess, i wonder if he will love other girls
maybe the guild lady will get an actual chance some time in the future
at least vampire lady is being loved, not sure if it's going to be official or allowed by Laila

Dex-chan lover
maybe the guild lady will get an actual chance some time in the future
at least vampire lady is being loved, not sure if it's going to be official or allowed by Laila
yeah, let's hope she gets a chance

Dex-chan lover
Sorry for using this to my own ends... but this is a fine example of why the "Spoiler" concept is nonsense.

We are being told about something that happened that we didn't get to see, but it is no substitute for actually experiencing it first-hand. Simply being told things after the fact does not change the fact that we still want to see the events they're referencing, and having been told about it does not detract from that in any way.
Ergo the concept of "spoilers" needs to be erased, and it should be re-normalised to simply talk about fiction freely.

Dex-chan lover
chapter order feels fine to me. we see a corps being eaten by crows in the 1st two panels.
Guild girl talks about the S rank, and he the guy went to MC's place.
Demon lord talks about how foolish that dead man is threatening to expose their secret.
I actually like it this way. Save us the trouble of seeing an "S rank" get put through the wringer. Now he's just a faceless plot device to be used to move the story along.

Supporter
This manga does a lot of things correctly.
Oh all series, why is it this one that does freeing slaves correctly?
Loran did tell Leila that if people brought an army to threaten her, he'd kill them.

One S-Rank adventurer? Loran probably killed him with a pencil.

Dex-chan lover
Actually if you paid attention to when Rosie visited and stalked Loran he clearly stated "Are you bothered because I do things to her every night?"

So he's humping Laila like there's no tmrw, every night (at least until those kids came) just off panels so we don't see it.

Dex-chan lover
Actually if you paid attention to when Rosie visited and stalked Loran he clearly stated "Are you bothered because I do things to her every night?"

So he's humping Laila like there's no tmrw, every night (at least until those kids came) just off panels so we don't see it.
Yeah, my point was more like that, they didn't show a lot anymore, nor did they show more girls, which is odd considering how much they shown already

Chapter (by LHTranslation) is missing pages, you can check it on other websites.

The master of the slaves comes to their house asking for Laila to be his slave, telling about knowing their secrets (of her being the demon lord) and pretty much blackmailing them. Then the next page is of him dead.

Double-page supporter
Chapter (by LHTranslation) is missing pages, you can check it on other websites.

The master of the slaves comes to their house asking for Laila to be his slave, telling about knowing their secrets (of her being the demon lord) and pretty much blackmailing them. Then the next page is of him dead.
where did you see this even the raws are missing pages then

Contributor
This chapter led me on a goose chase re-reading previous chapters looking for this "Lenny" slaver guy who wasn't on my notes, and it turns out he's never been shown before based on the other confused posts in this thread. There's a chance this chapter is also missing pages based on that other post, but because I've not seen the raws, I'm not sure. I do know this isn't the first time I've seen an LHT release with missing pages...

Dex-chan lover

What websites are you talking about? Every source I've been able to find has the cold open of the body rotting in the woods, like we have here.

Users who are viewing this thread