Hazure Skill [Mapping] wo Te ni Shita Shonen ha Saikyou Party to Dungeon ni Idomu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Day Where Fate Separates Them

Dex-chan lover
Boy, I sure wish I could go adventuring in places no one has ever been before! Wait, what it this useless skill? I can just buy maps for that?

Dex-chan lover
im curious about miya, looking at pg 14 i guess he was so depressed that he just stayed like that until their relationship degrated and they separated, she looked older in page 26 so im guessing they were together for 2 to 3 years, then split up, with some luck they can meet again after he fixes his shit

on the other hand i anint trusting the new party,

Dex-chan lover
thinking of strat games and such
it's pretty much a fucking cheat lol
*looking forward to the future developments of his skill tho

Aggregator gang
He is useless because his other party members are weak and can't protect him. If he had strong allies that could actually protect him, only then will he become useful

he is just an idiot without imagination to figure out the advantage of a map in your head, no ambushes secret rooms in ruins and dungeons no death ends even if the dungeon change

Dude is so useless he didn't even know the road was blocked, even though he has the mapping skill, I bet he will stop being useless just because (his skill was useful since the beginning, he is the problem).

Aggregator gang
I'm kinda curious what kind of excuse the author will pull to explain why Miya didn't want to form a party with him anymore. I mean it goes from 'You're pulling me and everyone down" over "You became a liability" to "I met someone else, but we will always be childhood friends"...

Dex-chan lover
@GerryCerryBery
Since most japs do not like to villanize the girl, especially a childhood friend, it's likely to be something along the lines of: "I'm afraid that my awesome power will get you killed one day, so because of my oh-so-deep feelings for you, we have to depart. Such lament. Much sadness."
'Leaves some place for them to reunite and shit.

Also, INB4 his "mapping" is actually some sort of a secret bullshit key to unlock every untapped potential within his body, and he comes the foretold star-child.
What are the odds this story is actually "just" about a clairvoyant learning how to use his farsight effectively? Look at how stupid the MC is in the very first chapter. He couldn't even use his only redeeming feature to look-ahead that the road was blocked.

Mapping would be one of the best skills if used properly in a dungeon, no secret rooms with epic loot would be able to hide from you. Anyone with greed in their bones would snap him up asap.
I don't think the author is thinking this skill through, or just not letting the characters think things through to begin with as if they are all retarded. Just for the MC to get some progress with someone comes around that actaully knows the use for his ability.

Also yeah unless we get a good reason Miya is on my shitlist.

@Badboll if that's how the skill work than you are right but I think everyone in that world know mapping skill is you can create a map with your memory not something like minimap in game

@Rover, They explained two different type of Map skills one of which did what you give an example of.
His skill mapping should if they are correct make him able to create maps of everything around him (dont remember the radius) be it in his head or a physical map, it's still extremely useful.
It's obvious there is going to be plot armor for his skill so it's probably going to evolve and let him do more things as time goes on.

Double-page supporter
He can see a mile ahead and he got surprised by a roadblock... more than once...

I can get that he gave up on it and didn't bother always looking at it but why wouldn't he look ahead after that to see the landslide.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm glad his old party didn't bully him or anything and simply let him go. Let's be honest, if he wasn't the MC who's protected by the plot armor, he'd be shit and they let him go in the nicest way possible. I've seen some cruel stuff our there but this ain't it

Users who are viewing this thread