Hazure Skill [Mapping] wo Te ni Shita Shonen ha Saikyou Party to Dungeon ni Idomu - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The Day Where Fate Separates Them

Fed-Kun's army
The explanation about mapping from the wn/ln has been left out.
The three known mapping skills are:

‘Mapping’
Rarity: SR (Super Rare)
Slot cost: 3

Effect:
The ability to map up to a 1000 metre radius around a previously traversed point within the brain and store it as knowledge.

‘World Map’
Rarity: UR (Ultra Rare)
Slot cost: 3

Effect:
The ability to map up all areas of this world within the brain and store it as knowledge.

‘Area Map’
Rarity: R (Rare)
Slot cost: 2

Effect:
The ability to map a fixed range of this world from your current position within the brain and understand it as knowledge.

His Mapping is in effect an auto-mapping skill, but the Rare and Ultra Rare versions are better for normal life as they can create zone maps. His skill is actually incredibly good in locations where the World and Area Map skills fail.

Aggregator gang
Is the MC is the type of pussy that relied only on skill that he received from somebody?
Because all I can see is a wimp shit that can't do other thing except than breathing and exhaling.
Does he even lift bro?

Group Leader
@Ultimatecalibur not on manga, spoiler tag please :x

Please use spoiler tag for anything that came from the LN. It's not that the Manga didn't give out said information, it's just you haven't read the whole manga.

Group Leader
What I didn't get in this chapter and in the novel is why nobody thought of where maps come from in the first place...

They're obviously from people WHO HAVE THE MAPPING SKILL. Besides the fact that there might already be a map for a certain location, it's still useful in refreshing the map's information every few months or so. There's also using the mappers for uncharted lands. No idea why people in that medieval-esque world would view mapping as a useless skill. In a world without Google maps, people with the mapping skill are the next best thing.

Dex-chan lover
wouldn't he run out of memory if it stays in his brain?
he needs that printing skill

@fuko the brain has quite the capacity so I wouldn't worry that much
@RuthlessOne I don't think you need a mapping skill to make maps. cause we have no skills yet we still made maps just fine and that's how I think it happened in that world. The skill is useless cause it doesn't give you an advantage, cause if you want to be an adventurer you need skills that help you to survive or fight rather than logistics.

Dex-chan lover
To be honest, I am perfectly OK with the MC getting a shitty skill from day 1. Heck I would even be ok if he is useless at the ending but sending your childhood friend away because you feel pathetic and she had no say in the matter.. Man I disagree with this so much.

Mapping is an incredible skill. Maps in the time of middle age were quite bad, a lord need a good map, an adventurer would kill for a map, an army will loose against a map, an adventurer in a world with dungeon that got a map ? It's an incredible skill, yeah it's not shiny, you can't protect yourself with it, but you can certainly live well and be uber useful.

Fed-Kun's army
@ebenezer A good map spanning a kilometer means almost nothing if it's mapping just the land. 99% of the time you're just going to see trees and rocks. Landmarks are generally way too far apart for the skill to be useful for them and if the skill maps lifeforms it's just completely overpowered and having a story about it being bad would be stupid as fuck. Dungeons are the one exception but they would be extremely easy to functionally map by hand since there are limited paths.

Group Leader
@Esperantos

In a world where mapping is an actual skill, it would only be logical to use people with skill to map unknown areas. Also, it would be cheaper and faster to deploy a person with the mapping skill than say, someone with a stealth skill. Unless the person with the mapping skill doesn't know how to survive in the wild, then that's a different story. But I get what you're saying.

@mommunism
iirc, the story is exactly about that, but the mc needs to "level up" a bit

Fed-Kun's army
@RuthlessOne

It is the other two Map skills that make Mapping "trash." World Map creates a perfect map of the entire world for the same number of skill slots while Area Map creates a local map and allows you to have an additional skill at the same time.

Aggregator gang
what really grinds my gears is how the author didn't even show us if he used it.
Did he just ignored his skill and went on moping like a sad emo bitch?
no wonder people got disappointed.
he never tried exploring his skill, he didn't even use his skill to see the blockade from a km away.
(I'm assuming as author didn't even give explanation or rules of limitation for his mapping skill)
does he need youtube people to show him meta? hahahaha
pathetic.....

Double-page supporter
If I recall correctly, in the LN the childhood friend left him because he:
Took her kindness for granted. Basically, he was a leech in human form that kept playing the guilt card and she finally gave up on him.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm. It's too early to make a call on this story.

You could say it's rushed, but I appreciate them hurrying past the cliche underdog setup.
Don't know what happened with the childhood friend, but the MC is one of those unconfident mopey types that really suck to watch at first, but can get really good when they get good.

Most importantly, I can see plenty of potential in a mapping skill, and I'm not sure what makes it trash quite yet. I could see this going places.

I have a feeling that
the one pulled out from the "arrivers" party is his childhood friend as a ranger role ?

Dex-chan lover
Hard to say where this is going after one chapter. Maybe higher level dungeons have so many traps and ambushes you need a mapper just to survive?

This is what happens when you give an OP skill to a filthy casual, they will cry and complain "wHy doNt i Haz mOre DPS hurr" 😒

Users who are viewing this thread