Hazure Waku no Joutai Ijou Skill de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin Suru made - Ch. 49.1 - Rushing Forward

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating!

I don't know which one frustrates me more; "king" dingus, bowlcut edge lord, mister third wheel who is there just to react to things, or the goddess who doesn't even try to maintain her facade of being good anymore.

I am excited for things to kick off, and us to get some major forward movement after all the build up to this point.

Dex-chan lover
I am excited for things to kick off, and us to get some major forward movement after all the build up to this point.
I too am excited for things to kick off but by experience i'm pretty sure MC isn't going to do shit and worse is going to help them because the "fake S-Rank" chick is going to give him the "power of friendship unga bunga" speech.

Dex-chan lover
At the very least, I assume this means that Sogou will end up joining the MC soon after getting downgraded (and the subsequent boot she'll probably get because nobody needs B ranks), because we all know "kicked out for lack of a unique skill" means "the skill will awaken immediately afterwards".

Dex-chan lover
At the very least, I assume this means that Sogou will end up joining the MC soon after getting downgraded (and the subsequent boot she'll probably get because nobody needs B ranks), because we all know "kicked out for lack of a unique skill" means "the skill will awaken immediately afterwards".
Isn't Vysis preventing Sogou from manifesting a unique skill because she dislikes her?

Dex-chan lover
The framing this chapter was super weird, like different perspectives thrown together on one page.
Felt very disjointed.

I really don't envy the artist, having to make these cut up chapters work with action pacing... What a mess.

Also the goddess going directly from S to B is clearly just harassment, since shogou is quite more powerful than the other Bs but what do I know..
I don't have a bachelor in being boss bitch. :meguusmug:

Dex-chan lover
I too am excited for things to kick off but by experience i'm pretty sure MC isn't going to do shit and worse is going to help them because the "fake S-Rank" chick is going to give him the "power of friendship unga bunga" speech.
Yep. He will most certainly "lay low" like any other OP isekai protag do and let them walk all over him in the meantime. As edgy and chuuni as Arifureta's Hajime is, he has the right idea how to treat former teammates who abandoned you.

Dex-chan lover
Pov, the last panel guy:
images

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter
King guy is setting himself up to get Jobed so hard. Only thing I can't decide is which would be better? Douche getting killed outright or being left alive to return to his comrades and getting absolutely roasted.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't Vysis preventing Sogou from manifesting a unique skill because she dislikes her?
If she is, it'd be news to me, I don't remember any plotline like that. Far as I know it's the other way around, Vysis dislikes Sogou because she doesn't have a unique skill, which she doesn't consider beautiful/useful.

Checking chap 1 it looks like all they were told at first was their aptitude grade though, so there's a possibility there that they gained them afterwards, I guess (which would give Vysis time to hate Sogou after she stood up for Touka before the skills start going out). Though that doesn't seem like it'd make a whole lot of sense since Touka already had his skills at the start without Vysis doing anything.

Dex-chan lover
Sure, downgrade her because she lacks a skill. But you know, probably wait until after you see what she can actually do in this battle. Seems weird to go directly to B from S, but she's not one for reason.

That does look like a proper castle. The scale seems off, though, since the details of the large towers at the central/back complex are bigger than the ones on the front walls.

Someone whining about being too powerful will soon find himself on the other end of power.

And there we have the cousin to that Bond villain going, "I'm invincible," before immediately getting rekt.

Dex-chan lover
If she is, it'd be news to me, I don't remember any plotline like that. Far as I know it's the other way around, Vysis dislikes Sogou because she doesn't have a unique skill, which she doesn't consider beautiful/useful.

Checking chap 1 it looks like all they were told at first was their aptitude grade though, so there's a possibility there that they gained them afterwards, I guess (which would give Vysis time to hate Sogou after she stood up for Touka before the skills start going out). Though that doesn't seem like it'd make a whole lot of sense since Touka already had his skills at the start without Vysis doing anything.
if I remember correctly, certain catalysts were needed for skills to be awoken, and Sogou seems to need her friends to die en mass to unlock her own, considering how many times Vysis has put her in a situation where her entire group should have died but her ability has proven to be too great to allow such a thing to pass

Dex-chan lover

I was under the impression that Vysis was the cause. I thought I remembered something to that effect being mentioned in a previous chapter, I could be wrong though. Vysis dislikes Sogou because she stands up for the weak rather than blindly following orders like the others and letting them be disposed of.

Their unique skills were gained afterward. It's talked about a bit in chapter 34. Touka's skills were also mentioned. It says that skills from the abnormal state system are useless.

It's a shame we don't have more details about what determines a person's aptitude. Or if it's possible to have a unique skill that isn't recognized as such.

Dex-chan lover
I was under the impression that Vysis was the cause. I thought I remembered something to that effect being mentioned in a previous chapter, I could be wrong though. Vysis dislikes Sogou because she stands up for the weak rather than blindly following orders like the others and letting them be disposed of.

Their unique skills were gained afterward. It's talked about a bit in chapter 34. Touka's skills were also mentioned. It says that skills from the abnormal state system are useless.

It's a shame we don't have more details about what determines a person's aptitude. Or if it's possible to have a unique skill that isn't recognized as such.
That's fair, reading that bit it sounds more familiar, though I definitely forgot about it. It doesn't really sound like Vysis is the cause for her not having a skill though, it sounds more like Sogou's just giving away her XP for her friends to help them out since she's a goody two shoes, so she doesn't have the same levels as the other students that're more selfishly obtaining their XP.

Which in that case, when she's booted out she'd still gain whatever skill she's supposed to have pretty quickly anyway, since MC's group is pretty small and gets a lot of XP.

Users who are viewing this thread