Henkyou no Roukishi: Bard Loen - Vol. 9 Ch. 54 - An Old Name

Dex-chan lover
This... gave me chills.

What... a... moment.

The mix of characteristics of each god mentioned here was one that I never quite seen before, "darkness and peace" "wind and forgetfulness", and coupled with the way Kahz interpreted "ignorance" it feels that those characteristics should be taken with real care.

They aren't cut and dry, they are to be analyzed and seen from multiple angles, and interpreted.

Julchalga don't kid yourself... you will always be the lil' bro.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
@oraoraora and @kingdudman I was just about to say that! It's amazing how this manga has maintained such a consistent quality. From the characterization of Ven--Kahz, now--to Bard's subtle, understated mentoring of Doriatessa and his sympathy with her internal conflicts, the writing of this series is absolutely a cut above most. Thanks so much Cuddlebuns, as always.

Dex-chan lover
Hands down, the best chapter in the comic. Great dialog that meant something. At the start of the oath, I just kept thinking of the great oath scene at the start of Ogre Battle 64 (wouldn't doubt if others in the game series have something like it, but it was my first experience with the series), and just got better.

I'm more stunned by the dialog than anything else. It shows that the writer (and the translators) are at the top of skill. Inspired. I love how this series has fewer words than others and each word carries greater meaning. I'm thinking that is the sole reason we've been getting these great batch releases.

Thank you for your work.

Users who are viewing this thread