Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku

Dex-chan lover
"of course I'll read a manga that's not taking place in a school" I thought.

This is exactly the same thing as a high school manga, so what if they're in a fantasy world? Why the fuck you're following a class rep. What's wrong with you damn it??
And just like I predicted, "lonely MC" execution is a fail. Either make them have a party or do it right. Oh you don't want you MC to have a companion but damn boy, 20 girls and that class rep? Quite the harem, no thank you.

@2252020
"how far behind"
It's only 20 chapters behind, there are a bunch of decent manga which are 100 chapters behind the raws!

Group Leader
The WN is pretty good, as you "hear" more of the main character's POV. It's basically a Monty Python sketch, very funny. JNovel needs to pick it up.

As far as I can tell, either he's completely oblivious of a lot of stuff, or that's what his skill "Dunce" does, makes him not understand things. But don't know, I hear after the end of the first LN (basically the end of the Tanaka arc) it goes off the rails. It's got like 1750+ chapters, though, and the Tanaka stuff is like, chapter 45.

I don't really get everyone's complaints about the story though, as it's an interesting enough take on the genre.

Dex-chan lover
@KiTA
Because it presented a premise inthe first couple chapters and then just dropped it completely. People were speculating he would become a monster tamer or something to bypass the "no party" rule he had, but no he just hangs out with people in an unofficial party and his loner skill is never properly addressed.

Fed-Kun's army
@starburst98 actually people are complaining because they misunderstand the concept of being a loner. A loner is just a person who likes being alone, it doesn't mean that he can't talk to people or mingle, the story still follows that idea, as we can see him trying to escape from the girls at every turn, after he helps them.

@BloodySorcerer @KiTA
Check out Ch. 2, Page 7. The manga defines his ability as:
"Loner: Person with this title cannot form or join any party and must survive alone."
Here's Mangadex's description for the manga: "Haruka finds himself incapable of assembling a party due to his own “loner” skill.
Even though it’s a different world, it seems his adventuring days will be, as per usual, a solitary affair…"

There is no misunderstanding.
By chapter 4, the author lets him group up with people just like anyone else without addressing the issue. The title is amazingly misleading for that very reason. He's a loner for about 4 chapters. After that, he is almost constantly in a party. Based on what we've been told by the author multiple times in the first few chapters, he shouldn't be able to do that.

Fed-Kun's army
@Lepper "Loner: Person with this title cannot form or join any party and must survive alone."
You're reading the description purely the description. Flavor text is only illustrative in nature It doen't faithfully represents how a skill actually works, It should never be taken at face value.

First read these pages, it portrays exactly who the mc is:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/533864/4
https://mangadex.org/chapter/533864/5

Now read this:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/726698/10
https://mangadex.org/chapter/726698/11
https://mangadex.org/chapter/726698/12

MC never made a party with anyone he subdued the girls it's another of his skills. THink of it like a summoner defeating a monster and making a pact for the monster to be summoned at will. The Monster does not count as a party member.
More importantly later on, he fights alone while telling the girls to stay far behind as to not trigger his loner skill. The skill does not act upon social gatherings it only prevents him from entering a battle Unit, which doesn't apply to enslaved or subdued targets. Not once did the series go against any form of loner, be it real life definition of the word or the MCs skill. Like I showed above the MC is not really a hardcore loner, he's a loner by circunstances. He chose to stay aaway from the rest of the class because the class is composed of unique individuals, not because he is averse to social contact.
In chapter 2 and 3 he is show to really dislike his loner skill, and doesn't want it to grow.
While he socializes with the girls he never enters their group, either he stays behind and let them deal with the problem at hand or he asks for them to stay behind while he fights. I dare you find a single page in which he openly cooperates with the girls be it in battle or cooking or anything else. He never does anything together with them. He mere socializes with them.

lets hope our MC kills that nerd. If MC chooses not to kill the nerd, nothing is more idiotic than that.
That nerd had killed 12 ppl and even tried to use instant death skill on our MC.
Its always better to finish it rather than letting the hurt snake run away.

same battle and not much happened, hope he mercilessly kills that nerd. not because i hate the nerd but because i'm sick of goody two shoes MC's.

Fed-Kun's army
@Salem5 Is it now? I ready so many manga at the same time that I don't even notice when something takes too long.

Edit: Ok so the fight has been going on for three chapters now, I can finally say that people are ultra overexaggerating on it's length,

So if I remember correctly, he got all the skills no-one else wanted, and no-one wanted a major status resistance skill ...

Are they stupid?

Users who are viewing this thread