Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku

Fed-Kun's army
lol
In the beginning, he complained about how the Loner skill made it impossible to get into parties.....but he tries himself to push away people.
It's like when someone complains about stereotypes.....but turns around and prove those stereotypes true.

Group Leader
“My problem is that I push people away and hate them for leaving.” -Detective Pikachu
-Haruka, this manga’s MC

Fed-Kun's army
huh usually whenever i see a manga with a score this low i expect to see a bunch of 1s
but this one was judged fairly. so its genuinely isekai trash

Fed-Kun's army
lol I love how he thinks he has low affinity when in fact it's the complete opposite.
At least two of the girls have feelings for him, and the rest see him as their savior having high respect for him.
Just he's so stupid outside of combat and skill usage that he doesn't see it. Thankfully it's not in a way you roll your eyes or yell "Oh come on! You can't be this dumb!" I actually have fun watching his idiocy.

It's been bugging me that they keep trying to stop him from doing "dangerous" things, but can somebody with more insight just tell me if they're really just trying to keep him from bankrupting the guild again?

Group Leader
@celedruin

It's a lot of things. They think he's weak, or at least putting himself in extreme danger. By the logic of the world, there's no way in hell a level 11 should be able to survive against anything but the weaker goblins, yet alone [some of the things he's fought] -- his classmates are all WAY over his level and would struggle, a lot. They couldn't even fight Kobolds.
(They still don't know he had Goblin Emperors on farm status, and this arc ramps up his kill list a lot.)

But at the same time, a major theme is even Haruka realizing video game logic doesn't work in "real life." Like, the local blacksmith can't buy an infinite number of monster drops from you, no matter how many you have, and if you dump a massive pile of bounties on the guild, they can't just instantly identify them and pay you out, it takes time and resources to do.

But yeah, he's not only bankrupted the guild but also the blacksmith and I think the general store by this point in the novel. (The manga leaves out a lot of his adventures in cooking and I suspect it'll leave out his adventures in tailoring.) This does come up later.

WN spoiler for the arc after the one we're on (Intro to Dungeons Arc), might not be valid since this is diverging:
Namely, the region they're in is on the frontier, and is being kept poor by the next region over exploiting and abusing them. Haruka's screwing around with money has caused a huge mess and he's not realized it yet.

@SingLove

He literally has a skill called dunce, I think? But yeah, some of the more touching parts of the WN I've read forward into (via MTL) are when he has moments of introspection, usually when he's alone.

Like realizing that the girls are worried about him because if he goes off and lives alone in the woods and dies they wouldn't hear about it for days or weeks, if ever -- remembering that they've already lost 13 classmates, or roughly 1/3rd of their class

Or realizing that his goofing around in dungeons and the forest of death probably caused monster stampedes that killed thousands of innocent villagers

Or wishing he could have found a peaceful solution to Tanaka, because his skills with numbers were unique among the class and become very sorely needed

I mean its ok, I just feel like they missed out on making the story more interesting by completely throwing away the stories push of making him a loner. Im personally not a fan of prez, and honestly him seemingly staying with everyone else is just gonna make this a generic isekai. Had he actually went back to the forest this opens up the story to more unique encounters that previously were barred by the fact that he wasnt alone. What I mean is that being alone takes away all the influences that staying in a group would have.

I dont know, it just bugs me that one second hes all for staying alone, and he reinforces that idea only to suddenly stay with a group long after they reached their goal of finding a town. You get minor instances of him sneaking off to go back to the forest, but its just that a minor instance that holds no weight. After all he just gets pulled back by everyone else without him forcefully saying that he wants to be alone.

*Smug* I was actually smart. *Smug* No I was actually smarter than you. *Smug* Actually I was smarter than you all along. *Smug*

@BlackLeopard Not exactly, they're finalizing their releases of this series because it's getting licensed in English. So they'll drop it shortly after. The MangaSushi group has a series status board you can check.

@BlackLeopard Well it's usually not done, but it just means mangasushi won't be continuing translation. So another group may pick it up and continue translating, after all the raws are still available.

Well good riddance if they drop it. This turned out just terrible anyways. Author just threw out everything in the window. Plot,progress,characters, everything.

I feel like this manga would of been saved if he just split from the group after reaching the town. Instead it just threw its own premise out the window so it could go full generic isekai complete with "gotta hide my powerlevel from annoying morons(read: companions)". Can't have a "loner" manga without having the MC being surrounded by chicks all the fucking time, who would want to read that?

Users who are viewing this thread