Hoist The Colors: Forum Theme Contest [Dark]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaporwave Pink
A simple, dark, basically all pink theme
One of my favorite colors. I had originally started with the text color being a much brighter shade of pink and it was honestly hard to look at; this is a lot easier on the eyes
I tried to make the main background not completely blend in with the accent elements without making the difference between them too jarring
A good chunk of the buttons could be improved from a readability standpoint but I think they look good

Main Page
23NIWBY.png

Overview
odXrxpC.png

Reader
2Co7tzF.png

Last edited:
Sonokai Shusia: High Contrast & Vivid Color Scheme based on Monokai Pro; original color palette by sainnhe.

I found this theme while messing around with neovim like last year, and came to like it. And decided to adopt the scheme into my personal site and my favorite terminal kitty, and now mangodex.

(This is palette is not my OC, so I don't think this entry is valid to be in the competition, but I wanted to share the theme)

Screenshot_20230815_161800.png

Screenshot_20230815_161834.png

Screenshot_20230815_161913.png

Group Leader
Presenting whatever this is.

The main goal is to have something that, in priority order, has #000000 black, is purple, uses Ketsui colors otherwise, has high contrast, and can still realistically work with f.lux.
All values are rounded to the nearest good looking multiple of 8 because even numbers look better. I redid basically all of the visible tones and checked basically all the site functions to make sure nothing stands out too badly, but it's hard to replace all the gray. The only caveat I can find is that the accent color will nuke the eyes if you open a title's cover art, and that this will probably not be suited for anyone colorblind.

Showcase below.

1.png

2.png

3.png

My main goal is to post this page

Last edited:
I tried to avoid Neon colors and aesthetics. I made a dark mode that helps the eyes. So here is a preview of my work.

366365616_602280015434628_6230464542753387920_n.png

366806378_1025640445261192_7679893114482503988_n.png
365828285_1451188365422924_4979050740633192046_n.png

Power Uploader
Introducing the CyberDex.

I've always liked the idea of me walking through a narrow alleyway, with bright and colourful LCDs from various shops and inns luminating the dark of the night, blazing to both of my retinas. I weirdly feel calm and relaxed in the middle of chatter and drunkard blowing their hearts out.

I then stumbled onto an open door, even though it's so dark in there, I walked in as like the black is inviting my curiosity. Wind blows, the door shut, and there goes the alleyway's artificial lights. A glimmer of ray coming from a little hole on top of me. As I looked up to the cloudy sky, the clouds are glowing, maybe transparent even, as the moon is shining brightly behind them. There's a small, cloudless spot in the middle, in which I think resemble the shape of a cat.

My eyes are fixated on the cat, and before I know it, I've climbed the ladder in which the hole is for. As I looked around the rooftop, I can see the bright of the city, I can hear the loud, noisy sound coming from all the activities below me, the city is so close, yet I feel so distant and disconnected. I then relax on a chair, watching the night from above, and maybe read a manga at a certain high-quality images and no ads manga site.

if you made it to here, thank you for reading my imagination and sorry if I'm wasting your time. These are the actual thing you're here for:

-Homepage
Screenshot_26778.png

-Title Page
Screenshot_26776.png

-Reader
Web_capture_15-8-2023_19925_mangadex.org.jpeg

I don't know what it is, but my eyes is kind of bad at seeing dark/low contrast stuff, so the theme is naturally become high contrast

Last edited:
Group Leader
At first, i wanted to make a brown-y "Darcula" theme, but i fot caugh up with my fight against those who eat my food's food 🤣
Vegedex, a tribute to all these veggies slaughtered by evil vegans😂:
jlCc03ri.png

0hFzJK0Z.png

qzQJvtI0.png

I like blue and if you look at specialized books for art compatible with blue colors is yellow so I tried to mix them.
Also I kinda frustrated because I couldn't change color of letters for Chapters/Art/Related section, Read/Completed/etc section and for name of manga.
atywfw.png

9dv35o.png

f595q2.png

Fed-Kun's army
Silent Green

I initially made this theme when the update first came out because none of the current "dark" themes were dark enough for me so I immediately made it pitch black for the background. Then I made the main secondary colour green because I think it goes great with black and I really like it used for the text colour. I kept most of the other colours to make it not too different but I did make them more vibrant, such as the orange, because I really like the vibrance.

Dex-chan lover
Simple Dark with Yellow Text
I wanted Red Text for better eye strain but some how the anti-alias doesn't work quite as well and it looked very ragged. I settled for Yellow instead. Could be Green idk, I don't call myself colorblind but I sometimes have trouble differentiate between Red, Green and Yellow in low light condition.

mkF2dnG.png

T85T4Uh.png

tkeoNXO.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread