Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable! - Vol. 4 Ch. 31.1

How to destroy your own manga in 2 chapters...this is a perfect example of bad management and writing

Fed-Kun's army
So she's going to South-Korea. Where's the problem? If it's Seoul, you can fly there within 3 hours on a daily basis from Sapporo.

@Gravtos

No, this is a perfect example of an author rushing to finish the story because the manga got axed.

Dex-chan lover
Why do people assume that a series got axed when the writing doesn't go their way. If a series was that predictable then it would most likely be axed. Sounds pretty narcissistic.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@pantsu_invader posted:

So she's going to South-Korea. Where's the problem? If it's Seoul, you can fly there within 3 hours on a daily basis from Sapporo.
wxcoLnn.png

Yeah this is probably pretty much the point she was about to make here

Dex-chan lover
@pantsu_invader Well, it's not like he seems to have very much control over his own life at the moment. He was about to get shipped off like luggage by his family for his grades not being perfect a little while ago. Somehow I don't expect much freedom in even relatively easy international travel being granted to him, so the burden of visits might be almost entirely on her. In either event, they're still teenagers that are doing this whole "am I in love?" thing for more or less the first time. Everything seems like a much bigger deal from their perspective. At their age, living 40-60 minutes away from someone by car was a big deal, because I didn't have a car.

Dex-chan lover
Last dance with Mary Jane, one more time to kill the pain
I feel summer creepin' in and I'm tired of this town again

Honestly I feel like people are giving this too much flakk. I think the emotions of the scene conveyed itself well just from him starting to cry and then reaching in for the hug.

When you're in love, you don't want to be away from that person, you want to be near them at all times and to hold them close. It seems very natural people begin to move away in their late teens, and so it's nothing special or outlandish that this course of events would take place, even if it was overplayed.

Double-page supporter
She said she'd be gone the following week...not how long she'd be gone...

Her leaving really rubs me the wrong way. I know its for plot reasons and she'll obviously win which makes this even more silly, but getting rid of titular character for god knows how long so the other girls can catch up, which is probably the reason, is just silly imo.

Aggregator gang
@KellikL That was my thought last week too. Knowing this lovably ditzy girl, she would go and accidentally mislead our boy. I still bet its a one-week course.

Users who are viewing this thread