Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」 - Vol. 6 Ch. 27 - Family Meeting

@Namorax
Spoiler level 1: How it initially gets "resolved" (shouldn't be too much longer till this happens.)
The temple has connections to nobles, so she's pretty much forced to enter the temple and become a priestess in training.
Spoiler level 2: More details about the Consuming / Devouring and how spoiler 1 deals with her sickness
There are 2 priesthoods in the temple. The grey priesthood consists mostly of peasant orphans, and they have no mana. The blue priesthood mostly consists of nobles who don't have enough mana to do the work required of nobility. The temple uses their mana for various rituals and ceremonies, and have magic tools to drain mana.
Spoiler level 3: Why she's able to do spoiler 1
There was a coup de tat around 10 years ago that killed off a ton of nobles, and as such many of the blue priesthood were pulled back into noble society due to a lack of nobility, so they're really hurting for mana. They really want mana from pretty much anyone even if they're not of the nobility i.e. even peasants with the devouring.
There's more but I think that's more than enough for now.

Dex-chan lover
LEARN TO USE MAGIC!!!!
From the way she explained Myne don't know the consuming is the build up of mana in her body but that she isn't even considering that other possibilities could exist in a world were MAGIC is real is infuriating... to me at least.

Still liking the story enough to put it aside for the most part.

Dex-chan lover
@Mahtan man now that you said it, it all makes so much sense it's not even funny tbh. This shit was like a plot point in a Chinese web novel release that witch. But nobles would know of this right, it's weird merchants didn't know of it or told about it.

Dex-chan lover
Hard to care for the MC's supposedly imminent death when you can easily see the length of the series. But a grown hard assed father crying in secret is always a punch in the gut.

Double-page supporter
@lasercats
Maybe there is 2 "consuming". The merchant girl has the real one and it's not curable, while the MC has a too much mana and the symptoms are similar.

Fed-Kun's army
latest

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan
Pretty sure that at this point she still doesn't even know magic exists in this world, I fail to see how she's stupid for not realizing something that's kept hidden from the general populace.

She does have a third option, she could make enough money to buy another tool.

How do they know precisely how much time she has left till she needs another tool?

Consuming is just magic power, right? So she just needs to become a wizard and cast spells to burn off her mana. I wonder what the magic tool she got does, what the mana goes for. If your paying money for a tool to drain your mana, what you can't also use the tool?

Double-page supporter
surprising serious illness element in story

Dex-chan lover
@GoblinGuy
You would be right if not for Myne learning that magic exist in that world when she made the magic contract and Benno explained to her that magic exist.

Dex-chan lover
Mangadex Summer Challenge: Find the isekai with the longest title

Users who are viewing this thread