Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」 - Vol. 6 Ch. 27 - Family Meeting

@mahtan literally so what? Being an adult doesn't magically make her knowledgeable on the workings of the world she's currently especially while she's actively battling the life threatening "disease". I certainly don't easily pick up on things despite also being an adult, and it's not like the series is good at writing realistic children so I'm definetly not viewing her with the lens of one

@WhimsiCat that Lutz x Myne spoiler gave me deep despair I don't think I'll ever recover from

Dex-chan lover
@BlueCatMage: I read it on the original JP source: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n4830bu/

While I'll admit I don't have perfect grasp of Japanese, I don't need to shove everything into google translate to understand things and I can actually guess certain parts via context (i.e. if a soldier say "at least it's better than X", then proceed into a long rant, chances are he's talking about X, not the other thing like some dumb MTL translate it to...that's not from Bookworm but it's one of my examples of why pure MTL suck)

@Mami : Hey now, it's not that bad.
In a way, even in the end Myne isn't 'in love'

Why? Because to her it's not love if her heart isn't going 'doki doki' like in all the books she's read.
Even when from someone else's POV she's practically the exact image of maiden in love, she'll deny it.

Going to war to rescue a person? Just returning the favor of someone who's saved her life, not love.
Her making a long list of reasons on why he was THE perfect marriage partner? Still not love.

Heck even Lutz x Tuli isn't exactly passionate thing either, it's closer to "we work together often enough, and both of us have connections to Myne that someone will likely try to utilize via marriage, and I don't hate you, so why not?" sort of practical reasoning.
(In a way, Tuli is similar to Myne in that her passion is not with romance)

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat
I am not denying Gods are powerful or anything. What I said was that "only being able to use it with the help of God" is bullshit.
Don't put meaning in my arguments when it is not there.

Dex-chan lover
@Mami
Being an adult makes logical thinking and cognitive functions work better and that in turn makes easier to analise and understand complexity, which is what she needs to understand what is happening and try to find a solution.
Your personal experience doesn't change that your brain is more developed and your "mind" picks on complex things easier than when you were a child.

Dex-chan lover
@mahtan :What's BS about humans being unable to turn raw mana into something completely different? Does the fact it's 'God' instead of 'magic stone/magic circle/keywords/spirits' etc as the medium change things?

Outside of series where magic is literally 'think and it happen' (which begs the question of how'd society last so long when a random powerhouse can accidentally kill everyone in emotional outburst) they have some kind of mediums to change mana into phenomenons.

Like, if you replace "Gods" here with "Spirits" is it still BS to you? Even though some series have magic exactly on that premise (humans give mana to spirit who turn it into effects, or in some case even just pray to spirits)?

@mahtan and how does that solve the issue of her having no means or money to learn magic in the first place though? Say she randomly brainstorms "Oh maybe I can remove this excess with magic!" how will she go about that? If she lets the consuming ot of it's box it'll kill her so it's not like she has the means to experiment

@mahtan

Oh but if you ain't isekai fan, how many people would think, yeah I'm in another world so let's do magic! (Also when nobody around you who even talk about mage/wizard or whatever).

I just didn't care to argue. Like if you believe thinking of doing magic are reasonable for people who ain't into isekai genre (Hell, even with people who into isekai if nobody around me doing magic, I wouldn't just think let's do magic!), it's fine that you're believing that but we (who disagree with you) don't think it's that much of plot hole or just dense-ness of MC. For us, it makes sense.

Aggregator gang
Dear God, I wasn’t ready. Paused a YouTube video to read the update and was so broken by the update I had to stop everything for an hour. My face is mess and now I legit have a headache from crying so hard.

Dex-chan lover
@Writerfromanotherstar : There's actually manga for arc 2 and arc 3 started already actually, albeit with different artists (arc 1 is already over in manga)

Obviously jumping into arc 2/3 right away might leave you with a lot of "WHAT HAPPENED!?" feeling
Which is kinda what intrigued me into reading this series actually
Read the translation, wonder how long it is, check the RAW
notice the arc titles
Soldier's Daughter (mmhmm)
Temple's Miko Apprentice (whatev)
Lord's Foster Child (okay...)
Self-proclaimed Library Committee Member of the Noble Institute (Myne plz...)
Goddess's Incarnation (WAT)
Then checked some of the chapters near arc change points, got intrigued enough to read.

About 4 months of practically binge reading it whenever I have free time later, done with the main series.

Double-page supporter
@Whimsicat Ooh! Thank you for the in depth analysis and preview! I'll look forward to seeing it in manga form.
Agreed. MTL's are always rough, though better than nothing I suppose for those of us who don't know the language. Theres a lot of things in language that really needs a rewrite and interpretation of meaning, and even then, without knowing where the story goes, even that can be missed.

Dex-chan lover
@jhadred: glad you enjoyed it

and the MTL I'm refering to isn't just interpretation, but on the level of completely wrong translation (raw "follow me", TL "now that you've arrived" <- that sort of difference)

honestly I try to keep my spoilers on specific topics, otherwise I'd end up writing summary for the whole series :v

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat
Magic only being only possible by spirits is also BS, if the human generate the mana itself there is no reason it can't use magic by itself but there are differences like if the mana exists but the spirit is elemental and the human can't change the mana to elemental mana to cause the phenomena it's understandable, raises the questions of "why is it like that?" and "so humans can use non-elemental magic by themselves?", but that is usually fixed by the humans know magic but they can't feel the mana but the spirits can and feed on it, the scenario makes sense because the technological level in these stories is usually very low and no way to feel or harness the mana without the spirits was found yet so acceptable to "humans can't use mana by themselves" because they don't have the minimum needed for it, a way to feel and actively use mana by themselves. No example comes to mind right now...

Magic only being used by some catalyst (crystals, artifacts, etc) is also BS but they have their situations, usually in that scenario mana is not in the human but in the air around it and the catalyst is needed to harness the mana, explaining why it is necessary the catalyst, or the catalyst is used to pay for the magic. Other situations the humans don't have the capacity to use magic normally but the catalyst gives such capacity for some reason but in those cases there are humans that are able to use magic without the catalyst because they trained and learned to feel and use mana by themselves but in a limited way. Example of Catalyst to pay could be Fullmetal Alchemist, can't remember for the others from memory.

Speelword/Magic circle is the human using the magic by itself but needing the transformative system for the mana to accomplish what the user wants. Fullmetal would be an example here too because each transmutation circle does something to the catalyst, from separating the atoms to rebuilding it in the way the circle modify it, another would be Sakura Card Captors in which the circle is used to focus the mana and allow the mage to change it for the effect it want while the cards are specific wills to facilitate reaching the effect desired.

But here it is one entity, God, managing all types of mana, meaning it is possible to transform the mana without needing some elemental affinity, and they can not only feel the mana but also harness and release it by themselves, using accidental magic when it happens, meaning they could replicate the releasing and transformation by themselves but no one ever research ways to do that and no technique exist yet but the possibility is there. There is no reason to not be possible to use magic without a catalyst and releasing mana is something we already know humans can do without it and that is all Myne needs to fight the consuming.

Sorry for the long reply, it was the reason I was not supposed to discuss it as I said. (I'm assuming that you are keeping this to try and get me banned but... oh well.)

Dex-chan lover
@Mami
Putting it in the box shows she already has some control over it, so first thing is always learning about what causes the problem, learning that it is the overflow of mana gives us the easy solution of releasing the mana to the outside to combat the problem, it is something everyone that knows about magic in Myne world that it is possible to release it unconsciously when overcome by emotion so learning to do it consciously resolves the problem, now to learn this she would have to go by testing which would be better done in a controlled with some adult that is able to use magic (not possible from the setting) the second best some desert place like the forest (still dangerous but a mistake would hurt less people) and the experiments would work the control she already has and try to release small amounts from the box but contain most of it then try to release that amount from the body by manipulating the emotions until she understands the mechanism for it.

I know that it is too much for the character we have but it is one way not the only way.

Dex-chan lover
@namgangs
Just go to someone you know that is not into fantasy or anime in general and ask that person what they would do if they learned magic was real and there was a chance they would be able to use. From what I saw so far most people would want to do it because "magic", it is not something isekai fans or otakus alone would be exited about and even children have a notion of magic as something they would want to do. Just to be annoying data on this show that female humans are more likely to believe in magic and to have the desire of be able to use it, this doesn't matter but I found it fun to point out.

I understand not wanting to think too hard about a imaginary story but I like to analyze these kind of world/universe to see how they work and the possibilities so if it makes no difference to you just ignore it...

Users who are viewing this thread