Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」 - Vol. 6 Ch. 29 - Vested Interes…

Fun fact.

Beno's previous lover, Lise(?) also died from the consuming which is why he knew about it when he met Myne.
The only difference is that she didn't have as much mana as Myne so her symptoms showed up when she was 13(?) (puberty also increases mana).

Source: LN and author's Q&A

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Fed-Kun's army
Nooo. Not the consuming again! Why go for the drama again so soon?

Dex-chan lover
@Tanterei I'm leaning towards how it was just used as an excuse to get the MC alone, cause like Benno said, she does have loose lips, rather than a drama.

Dex-chan lover
Lol, I bet Frida knew it was likely to rain when she asked like that.

Dex-chan lover
She won't have a cut of the profits from the paper mass production? So, she sold the process and knowledge for a pittance, again. Good old Main. Benno has a real gold mine in his hands in that little idiot.

Dex-chan lover
Myne getting played as usual.

@Kaarme I don't really remember much, and I don't know if that changed in the Light Novel, but in the Web Novel she was still making paper even after her baptist.

Dex-chan lover
@TetraSky Yeah, but it won't really matter. There's no way she can compete with a real workshop with paid, adult workers. She could keep doing product development, though, and sell each improvement to Benno separately. That wouldn't make her a partner but basically an independent research lab, which might be just fine if she actually had enough sense to ask for a decent compensation. As it is, this is quite frustrating. Instead of trying to figure out a solution to her catastrophic body condition or at least making enough money to buy time, she's actually preparing herself for her own death. What a fricking story.

Dex-chan lover
For someone who was in collage in her last life Myne really makes very poor decisions

Dex-chan lover
so once again she sells her million dollar idea for pennies...
yea i get she's a child and doesn't have her own trading company to sell the stuff from but she could easily make deals that are 100x better if only she wasn't so submissive and stupid about this shit

Contributor
Slow down people, she's still learning about this world, she will get better (and harsh) with time.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme :
What she sold was the method/permission of making it, not the right to paper (which again, "Myne owns the right to make it, Lutz own the right to sell it") so she'll get her share from those sold papers and also don't have to supervise the work. She basically is franchising plant paper.

Also
She eventually has her own workshops, one that's basically the R&D workshop working directly under her, and there's more people who work off her patents with some going for specialized paper with their local materials.

Though by then she also solved the threat of Consuming death.

@Akabane : Considering she's always been driven by desire for books and ignore all else? Not that strange. In fact I'm pretty sure the only reason she went to college was to get the qualification to be a librarian and maybe read everything in their library.

Just look at the her right after reincarnating. It's only in this new life that she's starting to learn to interact with others.

@dakaringer : IIRC
Your magic power stop growing naturally around 15 years old (age of adulthood)

So anyone with Consuming who live past 15 is unlikely to die from it.
Although conversely, any magicians who's grown past that also need other methods (mana compression) to increases their total magic pool

@WhimsiCat Thank god you clarified it, I was going to flip the table. Still, to sell a method for merely 6 gold is the biggest scam ever. She should have put into account her desire for books, her family status, and her disease.

Aggregator gang
Nooo!!! They skipped the part where Benno tastes the steamed potatoes, I wanted to see that.

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat: "What she sold was the method/permission of making it, not the right to paper (which again, "Myne owns the right to make it, Lutz own the right to sell it") so she'll get her share from those sold papers and also don't have to supervise the work. She basically is franchising plant paper."

I don't see that. From my POV she just sold the rights to produce paper in any form to Benno free of charge beside those 6 gold coins. Benno's workshop will therefore drive hers against the wall.

As the inventor she should at least ask for a share of the pure profit. She could leave 5 gold coins profit monthly free for Benno, but for everything above he has to pay out a share of 5% to MC and he can keep the 95% for expansion and his own profit. + the 6 gold coins of course. That's still a pretty sweet deal. If there are no profits in this business, he has to pay nothing to Myne.

Users who are viewing this thread