Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」

Aggregator gang
Easy Going Scans can go fuck themselves. I will be reading the novel instead.

Geez, a note to egscans, if you want people to read at your site use the delay thing. If that isnt working at least think of adding more convinience to your website, for example rss for every title you scanlate so that i dont have to be fishing for what i actually want to read

According to someone from EGS, the reason they are being asses is:
“The other big reason is to protect both our rights and the rights of the artists whose work we scan. If a work becomes licensed for release in English, it is EGS' policy to remove that work from our reader to support the artists. Since uploaded chapters cannot be removed from Mangadex, that means that our name is forcibly being tied to a behavior we do not support, either legally or ethically. And that is why we ask readers to refrain from uploading our works to other sites without our express permission.” -Enkida

I don't know whether they're being asses about that or not, but the fact is, those deleted series weren't uploaded by their supreme leader, but by PU, based on their presence or lack of on old Batoto. So in theory, group really didn't have any control over those chapters.

How they sometimes communicate with "community" via their site or discord channel is different matter though. Anyway, EGS reader is rather easy to use and low on resources - the only thing stopping you people from using it is your own obsessive-compulsive need to have everything gathered in one place.

MCM

I love how EGS reason is biased in the sense that not everyone can order an English released manga from their country, as it takes even more time to get translated to most of other languages, if it even gets translated either the legal way or not. I guess that it's better to make a general rule for the whole world to delete their uploads then ... ?
Centralizing releases permits people to not have to go over every single TL/SC website, which is why such sites like old Batoto or Mangadex exists, it's that it enables easy navigation for the user.
One could argue that it lessens the impact that the group had, but after a few years most groups disband or have replaced almost every member so it's kinda futile to try and talk about involvement, when some drama doesn't occur inside the group, or when storage failure happen, which are also good reasons to centralize everything on a website immune to group problems.
But hey, what would an unknown scanner know ? ?

Contributor
@botanics You can (is what I'm doing).
https://egscans.com/tag/honzuki-no-gekokujou/feed/

@mikegnesium
the only thing stopping you people from using it is your own obsessive-compulsive need to have everything gathered in one place
Some people sure are lazy, but is undeniable that, when following almost 200 manga, it would be a nightmare to track all of the scans websites, even worse considering a lot of them don't have RSS.
Nevermind the other problem of groups constantly imploding on themselves, which would make tracking who is translating what and where impossible.

“The other big reason is to protect both our rights and the rights of the artists whose work we scan. If a work becomes licensed for release in English, it is EGS' policy to remove that work from our reader to support the artists. Since uploaded chapters cannot be removed from Mangadex, that means that our name is forcibly being tied to a behavior we do not support, either legally or ethically. And that is why we ask readers to refrain from uploading our works to other sites without our express permission.” -Enkida

Well, I guess EG Scans is full of morons... The fact is this site did remove your scans as clearly demonstrated by the lack of chapters. Instead, you're encouraging people to go to other, less moral aggregator sites where you have zero control instead of here where at least you have some level of control and contact with the readers. And you pretend you're protecting the mangaka's work? Fuck off.

I mean, the functional choice they made is to remove their scans from a site that at least respects the wishes of scanlators and artists, and to submit to being pirated to hell by shit-tier websites. Their fate will inevitably be for people to read their material from bad websites, regardless of whether the work is licensed or not, and they will be forever tied to those websites. Congrats, I guess.

allow me to share my frustration about this manga. at first really exited about the premise, but i started to worry about the mc characterization, so i read the novel. and after reading the novel i can say
fuck the mc, fuck the author. this manga is insult to humanity. you don't like book because its paper with ink on it, you like book because its content. the way the author portray the mc fetish for book book really make me want to puke. if she prioritize the library over her company or her progress let alone her family because its knowledge it's content and how it can help as stepping stone for her progress in the future, i can accept that, it's kind of noble crusade. but no, she prioritize it because it's collection of paper with ink on it that happen to be called books. i'ts just another dumb isekai

Since uploaded chapters cannot be removed from Mangadex
That's surprising. Is it just lack of functionality, or has there been an official statement that they do not plan on adding it? Obviously chapters can be removed after uploading (which is why there is nothing here now).
Is it just that they would have to rely on Mangadex staff to remove it at their request, and they aren't comfortable with that? Is their a deeper issue than this?

Dex-chan lover
well if they don't put the chapters on hold here, ppl will go and read on other places, ppl like having an index, where they can track whatever they are reading...

Dex-chan lover
@kimikuman12 : Stick with the novel for a while, it's a slow burn.
Yes, she's a very selfish brat that make you just want to slap her early on.

This series is about the changes in her life as she slowly expand her world.

I think after her major fever, the time she resolved to at least help Lutz reach his dream, is when she start to become a more likeable character.
The "It's fine if you're my Maiin" is probably one of the most touching moment of the early part.

But these early chapters are frustrating, until you reach later part, look back, and realize they were there for a reason, the unlikeable MC becoming a likeable one has more impact that a universally loved MC.

@WhimsiCat
well to be honest chapter that i'm talking about is way after luzt found that mc is just parasit from another world. i drop this novel at around ch 80, when the notion to abandon her company, family and lutz so she can enter the library came to her mind

Dex-chan lover
@kimikuman12 : Yeah......you might be reading something wrong here.
She definitely will NOT abandon her family, or Lutz for that matter.

Heck, I'm pretty sure a chapter or two after that, her family explains what becoming a miko apprentice is (becoming orphan i.e. cutting ties with your family) and she panicked hard.

Or rather, soon after when the old man's attitude turn villainous upon realizing she's from a poor family (and not a wealthy merchant family the way her manner/willingness to drop a huge lump of cash implied), she literally nearly killed him with a death stare for threatening her parents. (and only stopped when another priest told her that killing the old man would implicate her family in crime of killing noble)

While it become nearly a running joke level how she basically drops all else if books get involved, she never really truly do it.
Then again, I'm someone who never stop finding it amusing whenever she gets super excited then immediately collapsed because of it (and how it never stop being traumatizing for people involved)

If you don't mind spoiler for some chapters ahead:
When she found out that the orphanage inside the temple is in really bad state.
She talk to the priest in charge about becoming orphanage director and reforming things to fix the problems.

He ask why would she do this, she's not getting anything out of it.
To following conversations were roughly
"So I can read without worries. Once I know there's dying children just on the other side of the wall, I can't stop worrying about it. I can forget them while reading, but the moment I stop the memories are going to come back and make me feel sick again"
Priest "So....let me get this straight. JUST to remove a hindrance in your reading, you plan to take up director position and spend money to reform the orphanage?"
"Yes"
Priest /facepalm

In another side story chapter:
Main camp at a door to wait to interrogate a sneaky guy who he's been meeting with (rumors is he's got a girlfriend)
Sneaky guy enter, flashes some documents to get her attention.
Hand left, Main look left
Hand right, Main look right
Sneak "Would you like to read them?"
Main "YES!"
Interrogation averted.

@WhimsiCat thats nice, like i said i actually like the premise of this novel, but her fetish with book and her selfishness really knock me down, maybe i don't like it because it doesn't follow the direction that i want lol ???. anyway do you have any recommendation something like mitsuha, or greyson sama or duke daughter(bringing modern knowledge for improvement of another world)

wait?
Re-upload?
or different group?
i thought the previous scanlation didn't want to upload here

@kimikuman12 Both her selfishness and her obsession with books become so much more bearable later in the story, so if you generally like it besides those flaws I recommend you bear through it for a while to get to the good parts.

Did Easy Going Scans not want their chapters on here? I liked their typesetting more than no group scans.

Dex-chan lover
All I can glean from the preceding discussion is that Easy Going Scans removed their chapters from Mangadex because they were upset that you can't remove your chapters from Mangadex. Doesn't make a stack of sense to me, but hey, they do them I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread