Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 1-bu 「Hon ga Nai nara Tsukureba Ii!」

@mikegnesium

Yeah I understand what you mean but No . . . .
it's cause I don't trust the scanslators like EG scans, and more importantly I REALLY do not trust the OFFICIAL translation projects. You got to remember, translators are people too, they don't always have your interests in mind.

There was a VERY ANNOYING period for example where people were watermarking all their work. Was ruining art for our benefit? Neither is pulling fan translated chapters for our benefit. They're trying to get you to buy the actual manga. Such good intentions . . . except the official release starts at volume 1 chapter one and you are on chapter 20-45 yeah? Oh and it has "localization" corrupting translations and replaces original Japanese SFX drawings with unprofessional Photoshop ones.

Removing the original fan chapters only encourages people to save and hoard manga chapters to their hard drive, people aren't gonna risk their manga turning into another "SAILOR STARSLIGHTs" corruption.

Double-page supporter
@Purplelibraryguy According to their forums, they want to have absolute control over posting their scans. Given that Mangadex allows them to do that and post chapters with a delay to drive traffic to their site, it seems pretty win-win to me for them to post them here.

But scanlation drama is rarely rational, alas.

Fed-Kun's army
Pulling all your chapters completely is a terrible idea for fan scanlation groups in general, I go to plenty of different scanlator-run readers to read new chapters, but only when those chapters are uploaded to mangadex on a delay so I see that a new chapter is out and know to go check their site if I don't want to wait a week or two for it to be viewable on mangadex. If you pull it entirely, that puts a huge dent in how many people are even going to find out the manga is there in the first place, so I can hardly view that as supporting the original mangaka.
So if the reason they want to pull specific manga is bogus, pulling other manga they've worked on just to avoid being tied to less "legal or ethical" things is top-level bullshit. Doing scanlation is already illegal in the first place and only allowed to go on so much because copyright holders rarely press charges, and when most groups just say "hey we'll stop working on this if it gets licensed and please buy the manga if you like it," what does anyone gain from going the extra mile? How are people supposed to support the authors if they don't even know their work exists?

I feel kind of dumb even posting this since Purplelibraryguy summed it up so much better, as he always does (seriously dude I see you commenting on everything I read what the hell), but man it just really bugs me that they claim to be doing this to protect their name even though your name as a scanlator is already "basically a criminal that people let go because they don't hurt much," and the justification is "to support the artists" even though all the manga I've ever bought is stuff I read first on batoto or mangadex.

Fed-Kun's army
>release chapter in their own site
>doesn't get enough traffic after 2 weeks
>l-let's upload the chapter again in mangadex by pretending as "no group"
p-please visit our site ???
oh. we also need """"donation"""" ???

>release chapter in their own site
>doesn't get enough traffic after 2 weeks
>l-let's upload the chapter again in mangadex by pretending as "no group"
p-please visit our site ???
oh. we also need """"donation"""" ???
Thinking pattern of a 4th grader, at best. Nothing to laugh at though, you're living with it.

So if the reason they want to pull specific manga is bogus
You morons really didn't get that everything that was here was provided by "Power Uploaders", and that only an uploader can delete what they'd uploaded? That hard to put two and two together?

Not to mention they did receive notice from a publisher recently about two of their series, but to know that you would have to not be a self-centered piece of outrage with faux sense of entitlement to things.

it's cause I don't trust the scanslators like EG scans
Then live by your word and die by your word. Don't read their output, or anyone's output for that matter. Simple as that.

Really, you all act like you're describing a situation where an exchange of money took place and you've been wronged in the process.

Supporter
@anonyan
I'm not gonna go too long, and I don't have in depth info about EGS. I used to like them because they did quality jobs, but now they went the demonstrative road and I don't quite get it.
I just want to point out, as I have in some other threads before, how the legal part of scanlation works and what is and what is not allowed.
You are allowed to translate and publish your translation on public media like the internet. You are not allowed to claim to own the original work or any translation not made by you. You are technically required to credit those who own any of such things (this is done by indicating the author and other translators, if you are second-handing, which usually happens on translations to non-English occidental languages).
You are not allowed to make any kind of money through the translation since you don't own the work or the rights to make money of it. This also applies to ad revenue, site subscriptions and some kinds of donations. Very technically speaking, you can make money as long as it's not THROUGH the translation: you can never put the translation behind a paywall, be it whole or in parts (early access to subscriptors / donators would be a partial paywall, for example). Redirecting people to your site in order to make ad revenue based on people reading your translation is also illegal, and putting the translation behind an "ad-wall" (asking people to turn adblock off in order to read the translation) is also illegal.
All of this can be rewritten by local law and local copyright / distribution right holders. This is what we call liscensing: if someone holds the right to distribute a translation of a work somewhere, no one else has the right to distribute a translation of the same work there (be it the same one or their own, be it paid or free) without written authorization of the local holder.
Thus said and based on evidence, it goes like this: if EGS has the intention to get ad revenue by forcing people to read in their site, they are doing wrong things and should not do them. If they, by any means, intend to earn money by doing scanlations, they should not and they are breaking the law. This goes for all scanlating groups. This is supposed to be volunteer work and that's the only reason it's allowed. You are not even allowed to earn back the money you spend on sustaining it if any (raws, server/domain maintenance) since it's paying for a service already: you have to pay for a magazine to read it, no matter why are you reading it. Note that asking for donations in order to buy raw magazines IS LEGAL because of a loophole: you are buying a magazine for personal use and not as a way of earning money, and anyone willing to donate is doing so in order to do you a favor. What's illegal is formulating it as "we are not doing the translation if we don't get money for the raws" since you are then accepting donations as a condition to do the translation, and that falls under earning money through versioning a copyrighted work you don't own.

Dex-chan lover
I'd like to add that the only thing EG achieves by pulling the manga from this site is that people will go read it on other, more aggressive aggregator site where EG has absolutely no say and all of it's scanlator pages removed thus further lowering any chance they might get donations. This isn't rocket science, after mangadex google throws out 3 aggregator sites before EGscans, this is a losing war.

Double-page supporter
I didn't even notice that they had pulled their translations until reading this thread. If I had to say, while I do like reading my manga here, I can see how certain practice's like Jaimini's~box~ 's translations work well. They have the 14 day waiting period where it's uploaded indicating so. It means that when I re-read the manga, I'll be doing it in here where it keeps track, but when they upload a new one, I (through clicking their group name first) get to their website to read it.

If a group doesn't have their name on here, I kinda don't know they exist.

Dex-chan lover
@jhadred fair point, even though EG has been around for a long time. actually just knew that they HAD chapters here before. i mainly read this series on other less scanlator-friendly aggregators

Fed-Kun's army
> Nothing to laugh at though, you're living with it.
> but to know that you would have to not be a self-centered piece of outrage with faux sense of entitlement to things.
>Then live by your word and die by your word.
lmao someone actually write like this ???

>I'd like to add that the only thing EG achieves by pulling the manga from this site is that people will go read it on other, more aggressive aggregator site where EG has absolutely no say and all of it's scanlator pages removed thus further lowering any chance they might get donations. This isn't rocket science, after mangadex google throws out 3 aggregator sites before EGscans, this is a losing war.

this is really hilarious everytime scanlator give some control and recognition in site like batoto and mangadex there is always some entitled one that create unnecessary drama when the site owner didn't comply every single their wish and proceed to ragequit and delete all the chapter like it's their own manga ?

also donation money bullshit made up by scanlator to get bucks ?, most of them already have the raw and already scanlate it and just waiting enough donation money to release the chapter every certain period ?, that's why you always see scanlator sperging out when someone """"sniping"""" (? it's not even their manga) and scared to lose delicious """""donation""""" money

i seriously cannot wait cruncyhroll version of manga that can release regulary and faster rather than see these entitled scanlator pretending to """""support"""" author to gain illegal profit ?
no need to thanks make guillible manga reader redpilled ?, scanlator is not heaven-sent person that promote and translate japanese comic for free ?

Staff
Admin
@ShadowAlpha

That statement is totally false. Every chapter has a delete button that any claimed group can use on their work.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@mikegnesium posted:

You morons really didn't get that everything that was here was provided by "Power Uploaders", and that only an uploader can delete what they'd uploaded? That hard to put two and two together?
If a chapter gets uploaded under a group, regardless of whether or not the uploader is a member of said group, the group members have full control over those chapters including editing and deleting them.

The uploader does retain the same rights, but let's say that if the group leader wanted to deny the uploader that right, they could for example request the staff to basically change the uploader credit to someone else.

Double-page supporter
@Teasday

This is why I was so confused with the logic they laid out on their forums; my understanding of Mangadex's policy was that you guys would work to ensure that they did retain control over their scans on the site.

The only reasonable conclusion you can draw (assuming you don't think they're lying about ad revenue, which seems unlikely) is that they're being irrationally stubborn. Doubly so when you consider that posting with a delay will increase their site traffic. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, but I suppose that is their right.

Miku best girl
Admin
Even if a group's wishes are demonstrably harmful to themselves, we still respect it, lol.

Dex-chan lover
To anyone curious where the other Chapters went the group who uploaded them left Mangadex so there group and presumably their Manga scans were erased along with their group page

@Teasday wrote all above:

Well, apologies then, the moron was me. But i was sure that wasn't the case, since i've seen group members asking some of the uploaders to remove the chapters posted without their permission in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread