Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - Gil's Work

They're so adorable

This world is really messed up huh

Thank you for the update😍

Dex-chan lover
Poor Gil, imagine being so starved of love and attention that just a simple 'good work' and a head pat brought him to tears.

What's with the 'previous tenant'? Fran did not want to discuss it. I'm ok with spoilers, just really curious

Dex-chan lover
@WhimsiCat
Bell or voice, I don't think it matters. And whether a wall would block the sound or not depends on how thick the wall is, and what it's made of. Heck, if they want to intentionally let sounds through, they can just put a lattice at the top.

Dex-chan lover
@gum_rummy
@mahtan

Churches, mosques, temples, synagogues and their associated religious nonprofits are responsible for 79% of the world's medical care, 98% of the worlds emergency aid and 95% of local charitable programs such as food banks.

In addition there are far more per capita sexual abuse cases in public schools and minor sports than in religious institutions.

Fed-Kun's army
The previous blue priestess used to take Fran into her hidden room and presumably abuse him in some way. The reason the head priests other servant, Arno, suggested giving Myne the orphanage director room is because he knows this and likes to make Fran suffer because he was jealous of Fran being the chief priests favourite

Dex-chan lover
@Northern Not really here to debate anyone's religion, mostly just making facetious comments on a manga, but the percentages you mentioned seem way too high to be realistic considering the out-sized influence governments and secular institutions like UN/UNICEF, WHO and Red Cross have on providing aid globally, and the miniscule number of medical organizations that are actually religiously affiliated.

I tried to find sources citing your numbers but I couldn't. Not saying with 100% certainty everything you said is inaccurate, but that's where my research is. I was unable to find anything directly stating that there are more per capita abuse cases in public schools, vs religious institutions (this is an apples to oranges comparison to begin with). I actually dislike the premise of this comparison, since even if it's true, it's not like more kids being abused in one place absolves abusers with a lower body count-- I'm sure you can agree with me there.

Dex-chan lover
@gum_rummy

The WHO is a UN agency that advocates and guides global government health initiatives, it doesn't provide aid.

The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement + Magen David Adom also doesn't provide aid, but it's local partners do (Canadian Red Cross, Jordanian Red Crescent, etc). Many of these partners are secular but many others are religiously affiliated, particularly in Africa and the Middle East. The cross, crescent, Magen David terminology should be a giveaway.

But as to my initial point, as a comparison that's easily verifiable for you let's look at UNICEF.
You use it as a example of a large secular aid organization, so let's compare it to one of the smaller religious aid organizations, Samaritan's Purse. Compared to the Catholic Church's charities and various Islamic aid organizations or groups like World Vision, Samaritan's Purse is small beer.

And let's stick to one metric, we'll use UNICEF's Goal 1; maternal and newborn health, immunization, child health, medical treatment and care, HIV prevention, early childhood development and adolescent health and nutrition.

UNICEF also spends a lot of money on promoting rights and lobbying governments, and while these things may be worthwhile, it's debatable whether they constitute charity as commonly defined, so this will be strictly on the UN's Goal 1 criteria.

In the most recent year available for UNICEF, 2018, it spent $352.8 million of it's own resources on Goal 1 aid.
In the most recent year available for Samaritans Purse, 2019, it spent $454.4 million of it's own resources on Goal 1 aid.

Now I'm not posting this to diminish the excellent work that UNICEF is doing, but to demonstrate an example of how even a middling religious charitable organization can measure up against one of the biggest secular organizations.

Citations:

1. https://www.unicef.org/reports/global-annual-results-2018
Download link for the 2018 Global Annual Results Report pdf is a blue button on the right. The financial report expenses are on page 200, as Survive and Thrive.

2. https://s3.amazonaws.com/static.samaritanspurse.org/pdfs/SPConsolidFin2019-PublicDisclosureCopy.pdf
The expenses are on page 5. I deducted depreciation and administrative fees (postage, Buildings and equipment, etc).

Man, the anime is really rushing ahead. I'll switch to that instead of waiting the manga for years.

Dex-chan lover
”i wonder what they didn’t want to show me in that room.”

oh you sweet summer child...

I'm in a big crisis atm.... I didnt expect myself to feel like a mother when I saw Fran and Gil recieved their first gift and feel moved... *wipes tears... and also Gil being so cute about Myne praising his work.... *sniffle sniffle

Users who are viewing this thread