Horimiya

Power Uploader
I can't quite bring myself to drop this, as it was such a great manga in the beginning. But I also can't bring myself to be excited for the next chapter, when it's just going to be more barely comprehensible nonsense about the (way too numerous) side characters that I can barely remember between updates. You can't even call this manga Horimiya anymore, as you hardly ever see the two of them together.

This started off as a 9 or 10, but recently it barely registers as a 5.

i dont understand how this manga still continue. the back bone story where hori and miya keeping secret to each other already gone and nothing eventful for the past 60 chapter. might as well end it in a good or bad ways rather than keeping it like this. this feels like the author just self insert his/her ideal eventful school life.

If y'all demand such complex relationships from your reading why are you reading manga? Go read Fyodor Dostoyevsky and stop whining in the comments about how "it used to be better".

This is going nowhere. But when I see a new chapter, I can't help but still hope that it will have progress.
I know that this is SoL manga. The art is beautiful and sometimes the jokes are funny, too.

“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop.”
― Herbert Stein

But please mangaka-san, when that time comes, let us have a good and satisfying ending like the feeling when I read it at the beginning.

Group Leader
Horimiya just isn’t about Hori and Miya anymore. This lost its charm 40 something chapters ago, now I just read it just for the sake of finishing it.

Ank

Double-page supporter
This was very good at the beginning. Now it has become a sitcom. Its too bad, because the start was veeeeery promising.
Bravo to the authors that dont fall to this and stick with their mainline story regardless of how it is received.

@Ank as much as i hate to say it, i can't agree more with you. this manga started in a unique way that i cannot imagine how great the story will be. its about hiding the mysterious side of the main characters, now that side has been revealed to pretty much everyone the manga lost its value. i think the revealing part plays too early and too fast that the exciting things about being a different person than otherwise people would've already known, or it just simply not used nicely here (at least in the long run). people might have no problem with it though and its fine, its just the outstanding kick at the start rolls the story really fast and then kind of stopped and devolved into something entirely different. hope the creator can get back to its roots and continue what makes this manga unique and exciting. or simply just end it in a beautiful way.

Dex-chan lover
People complaining about when this manga's ending as if it didn't end with
the proposal.
That's where the story ended guys. If you don't realize that there was a massive tonal shift at that point and everything after's more like extras I'm afraid there's no helping you.

The show's over.

Go home.

Dex-chan lover
People complaining about this manga as if they don't realize it's slice of life. Guys, the defining characteristic of slice of life is that nothing ever happens. No drama, no conflict, no exposition, no plot. Nothing. Zilch.

Despite common beliefs, I don't really want this story to end. besides, this is a slice of life and it kinda gives you relaxation once you read it. I re-read this all the time too. uwu

Users who are viewing this thread