Houkago Kitaku Biyori - Ch. 26 - Let's Start Something New

Dex-chan lover
Can't be the only one that thinks the rant was super awkward
At least she clearly liked it
They've both been extremely awkward from the start, it's part of their charm imo. It would also be weirder if he could smoothly and confidently express himself in a situation like this, given how he's been characterized

Oh boy, that's cute, just plain and straight foward feelings and approach, no need for stupid drama, ntr bait or something like that, this is even better than Kanokari 🤣
It's slow and better that way, no need to rush things
comparing this to kanokari is an ins*lt tbh

Last edited:
They've both been extremely awkward from the start, it's part of their charm imo. It would also be weirder if he could smoothly and confidently express himself in a situation like this, given how he's been characterized
I actually disagree, I don't think that was supposed to be awkward, it's him being smooth, at least in Japanese high schooler standards.

Key line is page 22 which is originally 俺がいないとつまんないくせに…, you could alternatively translate it as "Even though you feel dull/bored/whatever without me..."

Naoki is by now emotionally attached to Shun, but she hadn't really understood it yet and put a lid on those emotions with this idea that I just want to see him smile, I only want to make my dear kouhai be happy. She's secretly upset that Shun's apparently enjoying the coaching better than being with her but the aforementioned facade comes first so she asks him to just leave her and go play ball full time after school.

Shun sees through this and turns it around, he's basically going 'Stop tryharding the big sis role, you're completely wrong about me, I'm no more happy playing than when I'm spending time with you. On the other hand I know all about you, you're gonna feel lonely without me'. That was 100% intentional and confident, he knows what he's doing, and he got the point across. Naoki's flustered because she realized he's spot on, she's attracted to him and Shun more or less knows.

Dex-chan lover
my respond toward this chapter

* deep inhale *

boi.....

this actually stronger feeling then he just simply say standard " i love you " word

Supporter
Okay... knowing how anime can be, I'm morbidly curious as to what this is from.
Roshidere aka Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings In Russian. Character pictured just wants to have the ML's baby at some point. Pretty based.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
this is great.
this manga gets that men "do" while women "are," and men like watching women be, and women like watching men do.
this manga also gets that the entire fucking appeal of girls that seem somehow unattainable is that you actually attain them in the end.
great power dynamic. boys that act like boys and girls that act like girls, in 2024.
nagatoro manga teased at this shit but failed to quite achieve it
give nanashi a slack...he actually want axed that series but somehow manage to properly end it with a satisfying end

Double-page supporter
this is peak wholesome.
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Love how a lot of people are invested on the growth of these two characters.

Dex-chan lover
this is great.
this manga gets that men "do" while women "are," and men like watching women be, and women like watching men do.
this manga also gets that the entire fucking appeal of girls that seem somehow unattainable is that you actually attain them in the end.
great power dynamic. boys that act like boys and girls that act like girls, in 2024.
nagatoro manga teased at this shit but failed to quite achieve it
You cant put a gender-mold on how everyone is supposed to act, there are a million factors that affect this.
Shun and chokki have the CUTEST dynamic and come off VERY naturally and THATS THE BEST PART about this, its not how they act, its the WAY they act.

Dex-chan lover
these characters come off so naturally precisely because they are following sex behavior patterns that everyone knows are very natural, even though many people deny it verbally.

reverse the sexes in this manga, but keep the behavior the same, and it'd be really unnatural. anybody should be able to recognize that. yet it's become very common to write characters inverted that way.

Users who are viewing this thread