How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom - Vol. 10 Ch. 49 - The Balance Scale Between The Past and The Future (2)

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's just me, but I kinda feel weird about seeing all the (shown) human refugees drawn as Native Americans

In all likelihood, as mentioned in the story, they're just the representatives; it's just odd that we haven't really seen any other human refugees yet

Inb4 MC proposes the concept of native reserves (doubtful since he'd still need to tax them - unless he settles them in unclaimed land)

You cannot be a refuge forever, this is a basic concept that most people don't understand.
or you go back or assimilate, there is no third choice, if you wanna a good example see England or France today, the pockets of anarchy that are created when the refuge problem is not dealt with are undeniable.

Dex-chan lover
the first option would be for the best. u cant be too sure the nation u remember will remain the same, and at least here in Souma's nation he's granting citizenship so long as u cooperate. u dont know if you'd even survive the journey. if its really for his people's sake this is the best course of action.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's just me, but I kinda feel weird about seeing all the (shown) human refugees drawn as Native Americans

In all likelihood, as mentioned in the story, they're just the representatives; it's just odd that we haven't really seen any other human refugees yet

Inb4 MC proposes the concept of native reserves (doubtful since he'd still need to tax them - unless he settles them in unclaimed land)
If they have a very distinct culture and way of life, it would make it more difficult for them to assimilate into the existing Elfrieden society. If the other human tribes, that possibly arrived as refugees, were more similar to the prevalent culture in Elfrieden, they might have already left the refugee camp life behind and become a part of Elfrieden.

Double-page supporter
Damn, the MC has a better understanding of the refugee crisis than most EU countries lmao

Users who are viewing this thread