How'd You Discover MangaDex?

Aggregator gang
I think I was just googling some manga, for the first time in years. And now I'm staying because I found that certain good people use this site. The reader's pretty good too.

I used to hang out on Batoto/Vatoto occasionally, when that closed down I was recommended MangaDex.

Generally I just use Nyaa though, I think community bandwidth-sharing is just a better model for the internet. There's also an interesting manga zite(s) I use on ZeroNet, the old 0-gallery or newer 1+Gallery (these frontends share the same p2p data model). I've experienced so many sites go down that I'm a bit burned out on investing time in them, although as a lurker I'm really glad other people do, on MangaDex particularly.

Sadly these "permanent" p2p solutions just aren't there yet: they lack a lot of features and are slower than a traditional site. On top of that you need p2p software to access them, this means they'll always have a smaller community. I do hope that's the future though, that when MangaDex inevitably goes down (may it live long beforehand!) there will be a permanent solution to replaced it.

I can't even remember anymore. Either finding it through Google or hearing about it on some forum.

A friend told me this website. He just said it has no ads so i tried it out... after few weeks i decided to create an account to move all of my bookmarks in kissmanga to here.

To be completely honest, I knew - and frequented! - Mangadex for a while as a guest but...
...stuff happened. I realized that Mangadex is far more reliable than other sites. (Bato.to = R.I.P.!)
PLUS!
If you register, you have so many advantages! ♥ (The 'search' function! Your own readin list! etc.)

A manga otaku friend recommended the site after I couldn't gel with an anime adaptation but wanted to know its story.
Btw I'm an anime-only type.

I found it while trying to find some isekai stuff comic to read and I needed a site that gives them in a decent quality-- Or I could have seen it on someone's banner saying "visit mangadex to read more" lmao. 😂

On the long journeys on the bus when I was going to university.
I got one hour trip to go, and one hour trip to come back house. That was the time when I started reading a lot of manga, and I found that this place was great for my phone because doesnt have ads. So I stick here since then.

I enter this culture by watching "Kimi no Na wa" movie . I was quite touched . And my friend who recommend me that movie tell me that it has small difference with it's manga format . Then i search and i found it here .

Randomly in 4chan Anime/Manga thread.

Now im using MandaDex with MyAnimeList for all manga/anime general purpose!

can't remember, but i know mangadex after mangarock closed.
mangadex is a great website to read manga

Users who are viewing this thread