Human Ranch

Dex-chan lover
@TimeVolt

I would make a longer criticism, but that would mean reading this train-wreck again. My issue comes down to plotholes, mostly.

Here's some bullet points off the top of my head that break the plot:
-Why do the Elfs tell the about their plan to eat them? It will lead to them resenting them actively and increases their likelihood of resisting. It's like a cornered animal, versus not telling them and keeping the situation ambigious
-Why do the Elfs use High Schoolers? Kidnapping that many people en masse is sure to raise suspicion because it means that you're kidnapping people who have family and friends and that society would miss. It would be better to kidnap homeless people, druggies, prostitutes, criminals, and others that have been de facto abandoned by society at large, as it would make what you're doing less conspicuous
-Why would the Japanese government allow this shit? If it ever came out you were selling your own people to ravenous elven cannibals, you would be on an international tribunal in a weekend, if not lynched by your own people in a matter of weeks, especially when facing a population crisis.
-Why would you farm humans? It is an extremely inefficient method as you get one child every 9 months at best and if you demoralize them like this, the chances for other things like miscarriage, post-partem depression, and other effects that result from poor conditions and nutrition. Assuming you have magic, it would be better to artificially do it, or to steal the technology for in-vitro fertilization from humans. The best answer to the population would be they're a delicacy, but treating delicacies like this is extremely unlikely all things considered
-The nutrition they are giving them will not feed a human being, and will lead to mass deaths from malnutrition and little fat. You want people to get fattened up to maximize the amount of meat you get, so you should give them lots of fatty foods. Not to mention you will be constantly losing stock from escape attempts, suicides, in-fighting, etc.

There's other stuff, but yeah, this manga is terrible on a level I can't even begin to comprehend.

Hmm.

I agree with many of Tamerlane’s points. It would feel more grounded in reality if they used groups that were rejected by society and the story could be just as interesting. I think it’s all bout using a the usual high school students to appeal to the target audience more. Oh well another isekai that’s not my cup of tea.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, so we're dealing with the Old elves, not the rehabilitated for society's pleasure and fapping material elves?

@Tamerlane if that's the case cruelty is the name of the game. It doesn't need to make sense, it just needs to cause pain

Group Leader
I wonder if these cannibal elves ever “play” with their food, if you know what I mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Supporter
@Tamerlane, I really wish I had seen your review first. Here's what happened instead.
. o 0 {Hmm... looks like it's going to be a bad copy of the vegetarianism-inducing arc of Gantz, but I wonder if they'll have any sort of interesting twists.}
*gets annoyed by numerous instances of "just accept it happens this way because plot", not realizing how quickly it will get much worse*
*gets more annoyed by head-shiveringly stupid decisions, like "I'm going to join the rapebait group because my friends did"*
*gets extremely annoyed with blind idiocy, like "I'm so mad that the rapist with absolute power over my crush got to see her naked, how could things get any worse than that?"*
*gets to author's note about how he's looking forward to making it a lot more "erotic"*
Me:
tenor.gif

I'm reminded of the legendary Dorothy Parker review: "This is not a book to set aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force."

Such an interesting concept, but needed a much better writer for the story and characters. It is still interesting enough to go through.

Fed-Kun's army
so this is just vegan propaganda? it's not even written well.

Contributor
save sena? why? she made her choice without hesitation, she chose her club members and being a sex toy over you and her friends. drop her and save urself and ur group. shes shown to make brain dead decisions, shes gonna be a liability and possibly cause the MC's down fall.

This.
This girl is extremely stupid and unreliable, it's better to let her do what she want.

Worst character of this story, even the rapist guy is more interesting.

I can’t read anymore. The stupid made my eyes melt. Please, if you haven’t started this yet then save yourselves.

This is close to the old European stories of elves and not tolkien. The fey are monsters and tricksters, and it is good to see them return to their routes. These were the demons of the ancient world. Unfortunately, I don't feel the author went far enough.

a "The Promised Neverland" but the MCs aren't 200 IQ and are teens who got sold by the government and the demons are the elves. The story sucks.

Yup Promised Neverland wanna be, like Temar said the target of the farming itself is not ideal, if government going to sell then orphans should be considered instead ah but wait! ORPHANs already taken by Promised Neverland so why dont make a knock off with highschooler instead(!) While at it throw that ecchi/harem stuffs at it cause why not, cattles need to breed am i right?.
And they're not really farming anyway.
Some said it doesn't need to make sense then..... ye..aah...
I guess sense has long gone from your brain.

Users who are viewing this thread