I Am the Real One - Vol. 1 Ch. 28

all that talk about neutrality...but in the past life when the fake daughter came, he treated her well, didnt he? they go on walks on the garden and stuff? while kiera visit him everyday and was turned away every single time lol no simpathy for this sorry excuse of a father.

thank you for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
It does appear that the dad has a lot of trouble speaking honestly kinda like how she does, but isn't putting in as much effort to break out of it like she is.
That being said it still doesn't explain why he seemed to favor the fake daughter so much. Was he just being a push over with her something?
Maybe if our MC had been up front about wanting to be praised or wanting to spend time with him it would've been the same for her?
I mean he should've been able to figure that much out trouble communicating or no so it's hardly a good excuse but I do wonder if that's what happened.

That guy deserves everything he gets. The manga is doing a good job of making him seem pretty pitiful in this chapter, but he isn't deserving of sympathy.

Damn it, i almost felt bad for her father... BUT no, not now, I still haven't forgive him! Even if he had a reason, to treat his children indifferent, the way he treated Keira is absolutely horrible! So no feeling bad for him!

I'm really curious about her meeting with her great aunt, can't wait to the next chapter 😍

Thank you so much for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
@Lioslin - from the time she was a small kid, she was always looking for praise and affection from him - he deliberately avoided her. Even if he thinks he's nothing better than a caretaker of the family name, he took for granted she'd always do what he wanted. I still need an explanation for his inexplicable favorability toward Cosette, and I'm beginning to wonder if enchantment was involved.

@Lioslin
That being said it still doesn't explain why he seemed to favor the fake daughter so much. Was he just being a push over with her something?

He thinks the fake daughter is the daughter from his first wife who was unable to get pregnant at the time. The fake daughter's personality also seemed to be more open (which is how he wishes he could be) rather than how he trained his real daughter to be. In the end, it's a combination of punishing his real daughter for being a reflection of himself (self hate) and nostalgia glasses over his first wife.

Maybe if our MC had been up front about wanting to be praised or wanting to spend time with him it would've been the same for her?

She was quite clear that she wanted to be praised and he understood that she wanted his affections. HE wasn't clear TO HER that he was never going to give it to her. Instead he ignored her or found fault which made her feel she needed to work harder to attain his praise. He actually liked that she saw him off or waited for him to come back, even though he wouldn't even acknowledge her. He felt good that she would follow him around and imitate him, even though he would not give her praise even when she did well. The failure to communicate is on both their shoulders, but his more so on his as he is the adult and she is the child who knows no better.

I feel bad for her father, but nah he deserves it. He kills his daughter who genuinely trying to get his attention because of a person who comes out out of nowhere claiming as his real daughter. He at least should get tortured by his own mind.

@Lenatha Don't forget this version of her father had nothing to do with her death yet, we also have no idea what was going on when the fl sister came about so don't judge 100% before we know the full story.

Well, there's magic involved, so the dad may have been manipulated at OG version. Hope they resolve it for a Happy family!

Thank you for the update!

Aggregator gang
i'm still not sold on the father portrayed as a good guy, i mean he just basically got cursed by god to feel incredible guilt and he's just trying to satisfy himself at this point, i guess it's cool for the girl since she's not gonna have to deal with him again but i don't think he deserve any compassion

Dex-chan lover
why does maintaining a neutral politic standing point, have anything to do with showing affection to your child?? he can’t multitask or what? am I that ignorant about politic stuff cuz, showing affection to your child and trying to maintain a neutral standing point is unrelated right?

Nah I don’t want to see redemption for the dad. We’ve see it 100x IRL where emotionally abusive parents suddenly want to be your best friend when you become adult and never apologize for the trauma they caused.

I don't know why I love Claude, from who made me a princess, but I don't like this guy at all. I mean, they both killed their daughter, who was just seeking their attention and loved the other one that shows up, even though they aren't even their real daughters (maybe Cosette is his daughter as well, idk).

Users who are viewing this thread