I Can't Do That With My Former Student - Ch. 10

Dex-chan lover
Humiliating? Flip the genders. Imagine if a FMC was in love with someone else, and some side character guy wouldn't take no for an answer, and pulled out is his junk in front of her to convince her to date him. Would you think him humiliated and feel sorry for him in that circumstance if he was still rejected?
Flipping genders in this case doesn't work on multiple levels.

But I also think that if the crush reacted with fear and/or disgust to a male showing his junk, it would absolutely be humiliating and debilitating. Especially if he was to show himself in the same way - meekly, desperately, from the position of submissiveness. I think it would be a good result, if after that the guy didn't get anxiety attacks from looking at that girl.

Dex-chan lover
Then the MC rejects her in the worst way possible - that kind of reaction can cause long-term damage to someone. I just can't not feel bad for her there, regardless of what she did prior.
How was it the worst way possible? Which method of rejecting her would have been more acceptable to you? He'd turned her down multiple times, and said he can't view her as more than a friend because he love someone else. NO ONE is obligated to receive ANY information or excuse when being turned down. If someone doesn't want to date you, them telling you "No thanks" is a perfectly acceptable response. He did far more than that to make things clear, and she still wouldn't take no for an answer, eventually culminating in sexually harassing him to try to win his favor.

Like, she's young, and in love and desperate, so I don't think she's bad or irredeemable or anything like that. But I have way more sympathy for him than her in this circumstance.

Flipping genders in this case doesn't work on multiple levels.

But I also think that if the crush reacted with fear and/or disgust to a male showing his junk, it would absolutely be humiliating and debilitating. Especially if he was to show himself in the same way - meekly, desperately, from the position of submissiveness. I think it would be a good result, if after that the guy didn't get anxiety attacks from looking at that girl.
Explain how it doesn't work? Just because you sympathize more with her than him? He turned someone down multiple times, made it very clear he wasn't interested, and she still decided of her own accord to flash him without his consent. At that point his feeling of being violated are FAR more important and valid than her feeling of being rejected because she couldn't take no for an answer.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, the inability to hold actual conversations brings unnecessary conflict yet again.

He doesn't owe her an explanation, but damn, see her that pressed about a second "just a friend" might warrant a slight follow up before she goes full naked yandere.

Dex-chan lover
Which method of rejecting her would have been more acceptable to you?
Not running away screaming, like her body is the scariest thing he has ever seen.

Cover her up. Apologize again for not being able to accept her feelings, even with her being so desperate. Tell her straight that he is in love with someone else, and that he doesn't think that she is not attractive, but his heart is just set on that person. She might have just had some kind of mental episode and shouldn't be left alone. Wait for her to dress up, and make sure she is (relatively) ok before leaving. Maybe call her friend, nurse, or female teacher.

Dex-chan lover
Not running away screaming, like her body is the scariest thing he has ever seen.

Cover her up. Apologize again for not being able to accept her feelings, even with her being so desperate. Tell her straight that he is in love with someone else, and that he doesn't think that she is not attractive, but his heart is just set on that person. She might have just had some kind of mental episode and shouldn't be left alone. Wait for her to dress up, and make sure she is (relatively) ok before leaving. Maybe call her friend, nurse, or female teacher.
Would you expect that from a girl? If a guy they knew was interested in them, but they rejected, flashed their junk at them? Would you expect her to cover him up and tell him FOR LIKE THE 4TH TIME that she's in love with someone else?

Honestly sounds like you're just white knighting way too hard. She was the predator, he was the victim. In no other circumstance would you expect a victim of sexual harassment to placate and coddle their victimizer. You're being completely unsympathetic to what he was just put through, what SHE put him through.

Dex-chan lover
Geez, Mr author, can you go back to drawing "Sono Mono Nochi Ni" please ?
This Rom Com was already very generic in its own right, but now it's going downhill real fast.

Dex-chan lover
He DID NOT just get a boner over another woman! That's practically cheating! He better confess to Sensei about his infidelity soon! :qq:

That said, I found the mirroring of him saying "I can't see you as anything other than a friend" to Sensei's words of not being able to see him as "Anything other than a student" to be interesting - I wonder if they're actually going down the path of not having the two MC's having a relationship?
Or, are they going to dissect these types of rejection further? If it's not true for FMC, then it's equally not true for MC, and he must better articulate why he's rejecting her, rather than just saying he sees her as a "friend".

Fed-Kun's army
Humiliating? Flip the genders. Imagine if a FMC was in love with someone else, and some side character guy wouldn't take no for an answer, and pulled out is his junk in front of her to convince her to date him. Would you think him humiliated and feel sorry for him in that circumstance if he was still rejected?
I'd feel bad regardless of the gender. It was done under a false rumour. Imagine making a fool of yourself over something that wasn't even true. That's humiliating on their part. Now Fujieda has ruined everything over a lie. Yes it was Fujieda's choice to flash him, but she didn't deserve to be lied to.

Dex-chan lover
He DID NOT just get a boner over another woman! That's practically cheating! He better confess to Sensei about his infidelity soon!

That said, I found the mirroring of him saying "I can't see you as anything other than a friend" to Sensei's words of not being able to see him as "Anything other than a student" to be interesting - I wonder if they're actually going down the path of not having the two MC's having a relationship?
Or, are they going to dissect these types of rejection further? If it's not true for FMC, then it's equally not true for MC, and he must better articulate why he's rejecting her, rather than just saying he sees her as a "friend".
He's in love with someone else. He's made both things clear. Also, no one owes someone any excuse for a rejection, even sensei to our MC. I feel like our MC though just made his feelings clear to her, and is now going to leave her alone until he's older and stable as an adult. If he were to continue to pester her as a student and try to woo her right now, and she continued to reject him, then he absolutely would be in the wrong and lose all sympathy from me. But so far that hasn't happened, so I guess we'll see if he's a hypocrite or not.

Dex-chan lover
Reminds me of Momo flashing her knockers in Domestic na Kanojo after the culture festival, the difference is that I was cheering for Momo.

Users who are viewing this thread