I Can't Do That With My Former Student - Ch. 10

Double-page supporter
Humiliating? Flip the genders. Imagine if a FMC was in love with someone else, and some side character guy wouldn't take no for an answer, and pulled out is his junk in front of her to convince her to date him. Would you think him humiliated and feel sorry for him in that circumstance if he was still rejected?
Well for starters she didn't show him genitals so it is different.

Dex-chan lover
While I feel sorry for her, she is 100% in the wrong...

She shouldn't have done what she did.... if she just tried to get with him normally, I wouldn't mind her...

But this is too far....

Dex-chan lover
There seems to be an equation of Fujieda's efforts to Shou's efforts, as if they're effectively the same but with different targets. Myself, I'm unconvinced.

Shou rejects Fujieda because he sees her as a friend, and-- prior to that-- because he already had someone he liked. He indeed sees her as a friend, and indeed has someone else he likes. Shou rejects Fujieda on normally incontrovertible realities (those could change, but she shouldn't bet on it and so hold herself back).

In contrast, Sensei rejects(?) Shou on falsehoods, remediable matters, and her own lack of self-esteem. She says Shou's a child, but he literally is not. Then she claims he doesn't understand the gravity of marriage and being a full member of society, but he's already on his way to doing just that. Then she brings up that they should date before marriage-- so, now the proposition is something like "if you get a job and become a member of society, then maybe...". But then, she goes on about her supposed lack of worth-- which, Shou clearly disagrees.

None of this is an "I don't feel the same way". Her physical reactions and lingerings aren't the product of "I don't feel the same way".

That's presumably the reason why Shou is still trying to woo her-- he decided, before reuniting with her, that he'd give up on her if she didn't like him, but she's clearly wavering.

Though... I guess Fujieda also thinks Shou rejected her on a falsehood, even if he wasn't lying.

Humiliating? Flip the genders.
I think it's better to evaluate the situation for what it is (a desperate person acting out in extreme and willing vulnerability) and acknowledge that we regardless view it differently because of the sex of the involved parties, rather than suppose that men and women are interchangeable enough for such a hypothetical to be reasonable. If they were, you wouldn't need to make this hypothetical.

Also, we should acknowledge that this is fiction (and part-drama), and that we can only apply reality so much until the point is lost. We should at least recognize what's intended-- regardless of the sex of the character at hand-- while also acknowledging whether or not-- and why-- we actually feel that.

The guy is 18 and he is freaking out after poping a boner. His obsession with the teacher has not been good for his psyche
It's a matter of fidelity, for him. He probably has a very idealistic conception of love, where he ties sexual attraction and romantic affection together despite himself, and is facilitated in doing so because of his one-track mind. This is the first time he's had to contemplate his sexual attraction and romantic affection separately, and he's freaking out over that.

Interesting thing to note is that he realized what she said to him is the same thing he said to Sensei. Food for thought.
What she said to him isn't what he said to Sensei. What he's remembering is his statement of single-track devotion to Sensei, that's now being seemingly contradicted by his present erection.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
There seems to be an equation of Fujieda's efforts to Shou's efforts, as if they're effectively the same but with different targets. Myself, I'm unconvinced.

Shou rejects Fujieda because he sees her as a friend, and-- prior to that-- because he already had someone he liked. He indeed sees her as a friend, and indeed has someone else he likes. Shou rejects Fujieda on normally incontrovertible realities (those could change, but she shouldn't bet on it and so hold herself back).

In contrast, Sensei rejects(?) Shou on falsehoods, remediable matters, and her own lack of self-esteem. She says Shou's a child, but he literally is not. Then she claims he doesn't understand the gravity of marriage and being a full member of society, but he's already on his way to doing just that. Then she brings up that they should date before marriage-- so, now the proposition is something like "if you get a job and become a member of society, then maybe...". But then, she goes on about her supposed lack of worth-- which, Shou clearly disagrees.

None of this is an "I don't feel the same way". Her physical reactions and lingerings aren't the product of "I don't feel the same way".

That's presumably the reason why Shou is still trying to woo her-- he decided, before reuniting with her, that he'd give up on her if she didn't like him, but she's clearly wavering.

Though... I guess Fujieda also thinks Shou rejected her on a falsehood, even if he wasn't lying.

I think it's better to evaluate the situation for what it is (a desperate person acting out in extreme and willing vulnerability) and acknowledge that we regardless view it differently because of the sex of the involved parties, rather than suppose that men and women are interchangeable enough for such a hypothetical to be reasonable. If they were, you wouldn't need to make this hypothetical.

It's a matter of fidelity, for him. He probably has a very idealistic conception of love, where he ties sexual attraction and romantic affection together despite himself, and is facilitated in doing so because of his one-track mind. This is the first time he's had to contemplate his sexual attraction and romantic affection separately, and he freaking out over that.

What she said to him isn't what he said to Sensei. What he's remembering is his statement of single-track devotion to Sensei, that's now being seemingly contradicted by his present erection.
While I disagree with the idea that we should view her actions any differently than if a guy exposed himself to a girl who rejected him, I agree with the rest of your statement. It's clearly obvious to everyone, the reader, Shou, and Sensei, that she's obviously attracted to him and making up excuses to not move forward. It's very very different from a clear "no, I only see you as a friend" "I have someone else I love". He even explicitly states that he would move on if she found someone else that she loved and made her happy.

They are not equitable at all, you'd have to be completely blind to the nuances of their situations to believe that.

Dex-chan lover
This whole chapter was a big yikes on all fronts.

First, the girl goes a bit nuts.

Then the MC rejects her in the worst way possible - that kind of reaction can cause long-term damage to someone. I just can't not feel bad for her there, regardless of what she did prior.

And after that, he is confused about why his teenage body, which probably gets boners from looking at a curvy bottle or hearing the word boobs, got one from looking at a naked girl... And he acts like it's the end of the world... Just from that reaction, we know that mentally he's barely a teenager, let alone an adult ready to get into a relationship with someone who is in their mid-30s.

The premise worked when it was kinda joky, in a short-format manga kind of way. But if we are talking realism, someone who's 35 would have virtually nothing to talk about with someone who's 18. Unless they both like similar media, like games or TV shows, but that's just a filler. What else though? Will they reminisce in bed about the time she was his teacher? Please. After this chapter I'm 100% with Sensei - this guy needs to move on. Some might pull it off, but he is at least 10 years too early from dating in 30s.
She lost my sympathy after the second no.

"Hey I like you."

"Sorry I can't"

"But you can do anything with me."

"Sorry I just like you as a friend"

"BREAST FLASH"

"Fucking stop!"

He doesn't sternly reject her until he says no twice. The third time, he had to be forceful as she was losing her goddamn mind. Though sensei has said no to him, he's been nothing but respectful to her and she obviously doesnt feel unsafe around him.

Double-page supporter
I'm talking about the lines "You should only do this kind of thing... With someone who's truly important to you!" "That's you ---" both are used by senpai and Shou and Shou and Fujieda. Senpai saying the first sentence to Shou and Shou saying it to Fujieda.

Dex-chan lover
Huh, for a second I feared the manga would go the Gal Clea path, hope not, but the tonal shift of this chapter is enough to cause tectonic rumble. At least I'm not seeing fragmented chapter numbers, yet....

Dex-chan lover
You cannot show me a chapter of a young man crying over his ~unfaithful boner~ and expect me to take it seriously bro.

Double-page supporter
poor dude. the sensei is disinterested and the classmate is a maniac. years of effort all for naught. truly a josei moment. hope he finds someone better.

Users who are viewing this thread