I Can't Do That With My Former Student - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
"You've got a rockin' body, built for sex" the ex is freakin cracked bro really said that out loud, but if you only see her for only that then you dont deserved that body. MC is chad and knows the words he needs to express, he also figured out it was wrong timing. My guy is more mature than your average romcom MC.

Dex-chan lover
blade-runner-see-you-cowboy.jpg

Double-page supporter
"You've got a rockin' body, built for sex" is definitely entering my repertoire of pickup lines.
If you like the one I have an entire book of ones just like or worse than that one

Bro it's an 8 page chapter and a 2 bubble dialouge, I'm not gonna copy the entire dialouge. We both know what it said, if not, reread it again.

My point doesn't change. you call it frustration and lack of patience, I call it selfishness and lack of communication. They aren't even mutally exclusive, but I took his words at face value while you give a more charitable take. To each their own.

Um, it does? That's just changing your tune upon the logical error you've made. To the obviousness of reader when you say I give a more "charitable take", its actually 'face value' while yours misleading at best, disingenuous at worst.

And that's why I hate polarization. You can be "not literally a rapist" but still be a bad partner. He definitely came off as selfish and cold from that page of dialouge (which you could re-read 5 times in the time it took to get this far in my comment. Feel free to).

And? We already covered this. The thing is, you only see it from Sensei's perspective, whom already agrees with the ex's consensus on some level. His tone functionally meaningless because the relationship is over. This the part where we move on and become different people. You see it "rude" or "uncaring" but can't look past to see the conclusion. It's just actual 'reality', and reality does not give two damns or a fuck. She can stand there mope over the past as she has been doing for more of her attempted relationships, or she can move on, improve herself, and find someone who will stand with her. That's homeboy's role, and he's been preparing to carry that weight for eight years.

sure, she's not faultless. But you don't say "you're boring" to someone you're trying to seriously connect with.

Because he wasn't trying to? Its dialogue presumably off the back of what was probably a series of failed dates with said ex. Of course he wasn't trying to connect. That's the point.

We have two different POVs from this ex's standpoint and from MC's. Maybe neither are wrong, but in general you shouldn't try to put down someone you are dating unless they are hurting you. "I'm horny and you don't put out" isn't hurting you.

Again, he didn't care anymore so that is entirely moot. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

The act of dating is to try and communicate and connect. You seem to be fixated on thinking "oh well he's free to find a better partner".

Where the fuck did you get that? Oh right cherrypick... sigh OK, dude. W/e you say...

He is. I'm saying you can choose to not be an asshole to your date even if you're not compatible. I'd never say "you're boring" to a friend, I'd sure as hell never say it to someone I'm dating.

P.S. I'd be down for some munchies if my girl asked. IDK exactly how sexually active Sensei was but I get that not every night will be sexy night with every woman.

No one's going to bend six times over one's inflated sense internet-grade respect standards or some such. You need to be able to connect with people beyond the superficiality of w/e specifics of the date that you, or your date just decided on. Sensei is too afraid to do different things, and ex was impatient. Both persons in question failed to do this, as the author likely intended. It wasn't complex.

TLDR: If you act like a boring date, you'll get treated like a boring date. Simple as, and since Sensei already understands this much about herself, this is something that can't be ignored. I'll just assume we're more in agreement than anything else.

Double-page supporter
personally i think we should stop talking about who did what wrong and focus on the saccharine, lovey dovey dialog going on with the kid, that dude's kind of raw

Dex-chan lover
THAT'S OUT BOY! LET'S GOOOOOO!!!!

Man's a fresh graduate of Rizziversity and putting them skills to use! Man's pulled out everything from the tease, the uno reverse, the call backs, the declaration, and the critical compliment! And sooner enough he's gonna be "pushing" instead of pulling :smugchisato:

Dex-chan lover
Fck, he nailed it! I think she got hit like a fcking truck there XD

Last edited:
Group Leader
my boy needs to chill a little bit. it works cause shes into you a little but if she didnt like you it could go bad fast
Yeah, this is a perfect example of step 1: be attractive. This is already some creep level behavior but his wording isn't helping at all.

Dex-chan lover
Um, it does? That's just changing your tune upon the logical error you've made.

Logical error in my opinion on dating. Okay bro, take care.

Reflect on yourself next time (because I'm done with you). This isn't even about your opinion: you spent more time trying to cook me on that post than trying to discuss your own point of view. Like that dude in the chapter. That's not an opinion, that's a personal attack.

I'm a nobody on the internet reading self insert age gap romance manga, so I don't care. I've already hit rock bottom. but I hope you don't conduct yourself that way around your friends and family.

Dex-chan lover
it's not that he dumped her, it's how he dumped her.

• "but you won't let me hit that".... Imma giive this some leeway for the translation here but you really wanna open up a separation with "well I see you mostly for sex"
  • "whenever we get a good mood going"... if she's distracting from sex it was clearly not a good mood.
  • "You're bland and I'm tired of it, tired of you"... So you never took the time to get to know her, her hobbies, or aspirations. And it sounds like you never opened up about YOUR hobbies/aspirations either. Just talk about how you keep getting denied sex.

I guess there's minimal respect for respecting her boundaries and cutting it off, but this felt like a very selfish relationship. And unfortunately Sensei seems to have internalized that feedback. Not entierly his fault, but it shows you need to be careful with your words.

"You're beautiful, but I don't think we're compatible in bed and I feel I never truly got to know the real you. Let's see other people". Boom. Same words, very different delivery.
Its not even just about the way he said it, many of the things said there are a problem in itself.
Like, there should be a reason she doesnt want to sleep with someone she is dating for a long time, i would at least bother to ask why.
Does she not really love you? Maybe shes scared of doing it bacause shes inexperienced, or feels insecure with her body and doesnt want to get naked of front of another person.
Perhaps she doesnt trust you enough, or maybe she just needs a bit more time to feel comfortable with the idea.
The point is there could be many reasons for this, and some of them can be fixed if you just talk about it, instead of saying "hey i wanna fuck and you clearly dont, i find that boring, so lets break up"

Users who are viewing this thread