I Fell in Love, so I Tried Livestreaming. - Ch. 47 - All-out Burning

@TEU I used to be big on AKB and I remember my fav member getting into a dating scandal (dated someone BEFORE she became an idol lmao). I didnt care so she remained my fav, but I swear her fanbase actually got waaay better after the initial backlash, as if all the toxic, delusional fans left and the only ones left were self-aware, chill people

edit: I also went to some handshake events for the group and it even felt more chill being in her line than in the line for some other members

idk why people don't like their idols dating.. like come on! It's their life!! And the weirdest thing is that they seem to be fine with Bl/Gl ships.. [it's not like I'm against it tho] Then why not dating??
Smh
smh

I think people are just dismissing the idol culture way too easily by just saying "cringe" or "simp" but it is much more complex than that. I don't support it but I can definitely sympathise over it.

Japan is a country plagued with depression and a high rate of shut ins and idol culture is one of those peoples saving grace, of course there are people that are just angry simps but a lot of them aren't.
Idols are needed to be these people's target of affection, they aren't being forced to do this it's in their job description to do this, unlike us who only view them as content creators they are more emotionally involved with them. You might not understand this because you are looking at it from a different standpoint, but please don't just dismiss it so easily it's there for so many years for a reason.

Dex-chan lover
Aw yes, those crazy idol fans, always annoyed people instead of helping.
Now our only hope to save both Takane and Yuu is Honeybear-chan to show up and save the day.
(If you don't know who "Honeybear-chan" i'm talking about is, read chapter 12 and 13)

TEU

Dex-chan lover
@bullmoose yeah, audiences tend to shift when this sort of """controversy""" happen. Case in point, Towa's audience got way more chill after the whole situation.

I'm not really fond of the whole fond of the whole phenomenon of 'Idol Culture', and I have a special distaste for KIdol Culture from personal experience (my sister had to practically defuse bombs every other week because the friend circles she interacted with got ever so toxic every now and then), but I'm not 100% against Idols per se. Partly because, as @Ravi2000 mentioned, they fill a niche that has a demand and can actually do good. The crux of my problem is how the industry is structured like a milking machine with extra surveillance cameras.

It has been shown that even something as simple as freedom to keep your fans in check can do wonders to reduce this problem (though then the problem shifts to whether the idol themselves have the courage to lecture their fans. Hololive is pretty hands off in regards to how the idols keep their fans in check, but some of the idols just aren't confrontational enough to do so, like Pekora and Towa).

Aggregator gang
Fuck people like this, it's their life!! Of course it's normal and understandable if the idol have a bf.

I'm a fans of vtuber ( already been fans for many years) but not a single time in my head thinking about getting mad about idol real life or relationship. This kind of people is like doxxing so much that ruin the idol life

Fuck, I already seen with my own eyes 4 idol graduate because this problem. Fuck you real simp and doxxing people

Dex-chan lover
Hate this part about idol culture and I still don't get why it's a necessary part of idol culture. I support idols based on their talents/personalities/etc., not because they're single or some personal sht.

Yep, and this is the side of the idol fanbase that I hate.

Being more concerned about he possibly having a BF, rather than her having to cut the stream early, is far more important

D: streamer has bf? How dare she! I have donated hundreds of dollars and thousands of bits, but she has a boyfriend? I don’t think I can watch her anymore.

The comments were mostly from simps and nobody should care if they stop watching

Users who are viewing this thread